* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Potential Pokemon Ruby Sapphire Remake on 3DS  (Read 11368 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Pokemon Ruby Sapphire Remake on 3DS
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 03:47:28 AM »
The reason they have it to where you can only catch certain pokemon in a game is for marketing reasons. You see a NPC using a pokemon you want, then you see that the are is unknown. It forces you to either buy the other copy, or find a friend who has bought the other copy. And easy Marketing trick, here are the features, oh but the rest are on the other one. And event pokemon are tricky to get, yes, but I feel as though that makes it easier to find others who play the game. That's why they have friends codes.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 04:14:23 AM »
Honestly I think they might make a remake of emrald for the next game, think about it. Pokemon fire red and leaf green are pretty much remakes of they're own because they are improved versions of pokemon red/green/blue for the GBA, Pokemon gold/silver/crystal was remade into heartgold and soul silver for the DS/DSi, so it would only make sence if they would ever make a remake of Emerald it would be for the 3DS. But that's only IF they remake it, Nintendo is prettymuch unpredictable. They mgiht just remake everything except the 5th gen before they even think about 6th gen, we'll have to wait and see.
. . .

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 04:40:13 AM »
Most of Taijiri's tweets seem to sound like they don't want to make remakes or even a thrid version for B/W and just move on to gen 6. Taijiri almost flat out said he wasn't remaking B/W but then said that he might reconisder it.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
Im sry but b/w was the worst games ever made... 3ds is my favorite sytem(x-box 360 2nd) to whoever said it was a joke. I dont see y they would remake ruby and so on they remade the rest and emerald was one of their greatest games.
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 07:58:26 AM »
Im sry but b/w was the worst games ever made... 3ds is my favorite sytem(x-box 360 2nd) to whoever said it was a joke. I dont see y they would remake ruby and so on they remade the rest and emerald was one of their greatest games.

I think you don't get it. Usually when a remake comes they merge the features from the newest version with the old version. Like in HG/SS they merged crystal with gold and silver.
So they would probably make Ruby & Sapphire remake both merged with emerald. If they didn't I see no reason to buy the new ruby/sapphire remake because after you've beaten the elite four there was nothing to do in R/S while in emerald there was still the battle frontier.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 12:48:55 AM »
if a remake was made, then it would allow pokefans to play "classics" that are darn near unobtainable currently. especially if they didn't have the Chance. the only thing I don't like about the 3DS is that it doesn't have a GBA Slot (I have a DS Lite). If they Don't, that's their choice. But nintendo is less likely able to make another Series. if they do, it'l have to be after the 6/7th Gen. Ruby/Saphire Remakes would be a great deal to the world.

That is all.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 01:37:24 AM »
I dont see why they wouldnt remake emerald instead of R/S. I own emerald, sapphire, and have passed ruby, and by far, emerald owns. There's a lot more extra features like fighting both team aqua and magma, the weird cut-seen with rayquaza in Sootopolis city, double battling with Steven, and a lot more. Wouldnt R/S be sort of like XD: Gale of Darkness, except a little less quality since its on a handheld? I dont really think it'd work out too great.

I'm not that big a fan of the 3Ds to be honest. Im more of a DSi person, but iim fine with how the pokemon games are like D/P/Pt or B/W. To me, 3Ds seems like one of those things that someone's all into it for like 2 weeks, but afterward, unless they get a new game, they just see it as as one of those "eh..." sort of things.

Offline RadioactiveLemon

• Beginning Trainer
  • I like the number six
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 01:44:33 AM »
Although I'm not too optimistic about the chances of a Ruby remake, Seeing that seen where Groudon and Kyogre are fighting (in Emerald) would be about the coolest thing ever.
HOLY SWEET JESUS THAT WOULD BE AMAZING
*insert creative signature here*

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
emerald tied with platinum and fire red as greatest games ever but emerald pissed me off because i wanted groudon....i would be the fool who goes to get rayquaza to put to sleep
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
emerald tied with platinum and fire red as greatest games ever but emerald pissed me off because i wanted groudon....i would be the fool who goes to get rayquaza to put to sleep

You can get both Kyogre and Groudon after you wake Rayquaza you know... I got all 3 on my last save.
If you don't know how, you first have to do the League, then you go to the Weather Center on the top floor. The prof that gave you Castform earlier will report either a Drought or Heavy Rainfall in some route. You just have to fly to the route and find the entrace to Terra/Aqua Cave :) Remember to save before starting the fight