* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Anime] Air Gear.  (Read 11165 times)

Offline Dkiddeh

• Beginning Trainer
  • Suicune <3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
[Anime] Air Gear.
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »
Hello everyone,

Did some of you watch Air Gear ? What did u think of it?
i personally like this anime very much, alot of action, alot of fun!

Discuss.

With kind Regards,
Dkiddeh

Offline EnvyKarnie

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Anime] Air Gear.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:12:00 AM »
i love the anime i like Agito/Akito

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:17:49 AM »
To be honest, Air Gear wants to be Eureka Seven, but can't be.
But thats no fault of its own, BONES is a hard studio to contend with.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 05:48:07 AM »
For someone who doesn't watch a lot of anime, I have to say it was really good. I wished it had gone on longer, but Japanese anime seems to end at really...specific moments.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 05:55:50 AM »
For someone who doesn't watch a lot of anime, I have to say it was really good. I wished it had gone on longer, but Japanese anime seems to end at really...specific moments.

Not good ones. I could say that theres a very large number of animes that end properly. I've been guilty of going "dammit! what a stupid ending!" many times, and sometimes, it actually was a stupid ending, but for most animes I've watched, its very hard to come up with an ending whats better than the one that was given. The ending is what stays in your mind the most about the series since its the last thing you see, if the anime has a bad ending, it leaves oyy with bad thoughts about it. Good animes end, and you complain sometimes, but then you stop and think and come to terms with it actually was quite a GOOD ending, and there was no better way to actually end it.

Of course, there are a good number of animes that purposely use cliffhangers to make you go read the manga they're based on. You gotta remember, its entertainment, but its also business, so if an anime is based off of a manga, the anime is a means to promote the original work.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 06:14:59 AM »
Now that you say this, I do understand it a bit better. To tell you the truth, I was sad to see the anime for Soul Eater end the way it did, but it was a good ending to a great anime, and it probably was means of advertising the manga.

Offline Dkiddeh

• Beginning Trainer
  • Suicune <3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57:24 AM »
indeed, great to hear that some people actually saw air gear ! Awesome awesome, mine was agito as well :P, and indeed souleater a bit disapointing that it ended so quick as well !

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 06:37:57 PM »
You realize that season 2 of soul eater is coming next year, right?

On the actual topic, how good is the anime? I want to find a lot anime I like and I wondered how good this is.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 10:42:37 PM »
Now that you say this, I do understand it a bit better. To tell you the truth, I was sad to see the anime for Soul Eater end the way it did, but it was a good ending to a great anime, and it probably was means of advertising the manga.

From the anime point of view, Soul Eater's ending was something known as Deus Ex Machina, not to give a definition, but its more or less the biggest kind of cop out when it comes to storytelling since theatre has even been invented. "It was all a dream" and "I have something that noone knew about that I suddenly reveal to save the day" are both examples of this.

What happened to Maka in the final episode(you know what), was a prime example of Deus Ex Machina. That happened just chansey because.

Soul Eater was one of the first animes I've seen when I began to really watch anime, not just be a kid and see comething on tv. Its been over 100 animes since then for me, and my experiences with other shows have made it apparent that Soul Eater isn't even that good. I'm not flaming it or anything, but after I've seen so much other really, really good anime, Soul Eater just absolutely pales in comparasin.

I've said this before, I'm almost always happy to reccommend an anime to someone who truly appreciates the genre, or is trying to get into it, feel free to PM me.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 02:16:26 AM »
You realize that season 2 of soul eater is coming next year, right?

HOLY

FLAMING

SEASALT POPSICLES!!!!!!!

From the anime point of view, Soul Eater's ending was something known as Deus Ex Machina, not to give a definition, but its more or less the biggest kind of cop out when it comes to storytelling since theatre has even been invented. "It was all a dream" and "I have something that noone knew about that I suddenly reveal to save the day" are both examples of this.

What happened to Maka in the final episode(you know what), was a prime example of Deus Ex Machina. That happened just chansey because.

Soul Eater was one of the first animes I've seen when I began to really watch anime, not just be a kid and see comething on tv. Its been over 100 animes since then for me, and my experiences with other shows have made it apparent that Soul Eater isn't even that good. I'm not flaming it or anything, but after I've seen so much other really, really good anime, Soul Eater just absolutely pales in comparasin.

I've said this before, I'm almost always happy to reccommend an anime to someone who truly appreciates the genre, or is trying to get into it, feel free to PM me.

I realize that there are a lot of different animes, but you must have watched a LOT of anime to find something better that soul eater. That being said, I might just be obsessing over something that's average because I have the habit of liking it too much. I realize that there are a lot of different genres of anime, but I don't really have one I like specifically. Just to put you in perspective, I liked Air Gear, Bleach, FMA, and Fruits Basket. And if you know what Fruits basket is, you would laugh at me like you would if you dared your male friend to dress in wonen's clothes and he did it no questions asked.

What I'm saying here is I'd like to know other animes that I would like so I actually know ho to put Soul Eater in perspective.

You know, this has become less of air gear and more of Soul eater...

You know what I don't get? How the hell are they in MIDDLE school, yet they're already weird, awkward, perverted teenagers? I mean, how are they THAT TALL?!

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 02:58:32 AM »
Well, over 100 animes wasn't an exaggeration. I have a list, I keep track. Most anime watchers do. But you're in love with an incredibly average anime, theres a very large number of animes I've seen that are better than Soul Eater.

You know what I don't get? How the hell are they in MIDDLE school, yet they're already weird, awkward, perverted teenagers? I mean, how are they THAT TALL?!

Ignore age most of the time in anime, alot of times, characters will be like "I'm 14!" and later on they're doing crap that no 14 year old would do. Just assume by default that they're like, 17-18 ish 90% of the time, then its less weird.

See this guy? He's apparently 14. He smokes, is 6 feet tall (about 2m), has like 5 piercings in each ear, and has a tattoo on his FACE, and is a master of fire magic.

Yep, 14 years old alright.

To be honest, alot of times they just throw an age in for characters so that younger audiences will have more interest in it (I remember being 12 and it made my chansey day when characterX was the same age as me).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:00:43 AM by Silver »

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 03:12:04 AM »
There is no way that face is 14. I figured age was supposed to be a way to bring in younger ages more. And apparently, to advertise smoking to younger audiences.

"Mommy, this guy does it, so why can't I smoke?"

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 03:29:23 AM »
There is no way that face is 14. I figured age was supposed to be a way to bring in younger ages more. And apparently, to advertise smoking to younger audiences.

"Mommy, this guy does it, so why can't I smoke?"

Name: Stiyl Magnus
Sorcery Name:  Fortis931 - "I prove why my name is the strongest here" 
Height:  200 cm (6.56 ft) 
Classification
?Magician
?Priest

Affiliation  Anglican Church (Necessarius)

I forgot that. He's also a certified priest.