* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Aristos's Story  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Aristos

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Aristos's Story
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:11:34 AM »
As I grew up life became difficult, many things I didn't knew... I was Asian, as I finally grew up and went to school. As I was in Kindergarden, I wasn't able to speak English. When everyone talked to me saying, "Hello, how are you doing?" I didn't know how to reply, so I always kept my mouth shut.

As we learn about math, science, etc. I was always picked because I didn't talk that much. As the teacher choose me to answer the question. I would always shrug my shoulders, which gave me a bad conduct behavior grade for not participating. And my grades were as horrible as well, because I couldn't understand English.

As I move up grades, I finally learn English and was able to learn properly at school. But sadly, as I learn English I found out many things such as cursing and racism. Everytime I walk by some people would probably talk about me calling me a 'chink' or make fun of me by using their hands and extending their eyes. Sometimes I wish I didn't know English, but sometimes it came in handy. I would help my mother by translating.

But when I was in school, I didn't knew how to fit in either, so I just kept my mouth shut and did nothing. I was the only Asian at my school so it was tough. But someone named Alex became my best friend no matter what I am. We would talk and talk.

And when we were on a field trip, his father saw me talking to him and he ran up to me and said, "Alex, don't talk to this Asian kid. Remember what Asians did to us?"

I was hurt and I didn't feel like making any friends anymore. By the time I was in fourth grade, I finally fitted in, I had many friends and more. I feel like I was happy that I learned English.

As the years passes by, I begin learning more about America, and learning alot in school. So this is my story.
You should be happy what you have right now and to enjoy the youth you have right now.
When your parents were young they didn't have this type of technology and maybe not money they have right now to buy computers, games, etc.
And some kids that are under 13 already want to grow up. Trust me you don't want to grow up that fast. When you grow up there are many responsibilities ahead of you, but you are just sometimes naive to know that. Appreciate what you have right now, and the stuff your parents give you. Don't make it all go to waste, but to make it last.
Truely your Member,
~Aristos

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
Re: Aristos's Story
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »
Very heart-felt, a good biography of you (If it is you ;)), I can still tell in places where you go wrong with english but a very heart touching story!
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:51:50 AM »
By the way, what language did you know then?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline zachattackary

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »
Its an inspirational story

Offline Eslin

• Beginning Trainer
  • Ware wa meshia nari!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
By the way, what language did you know then?
I place my bets on Cantonese. I had similar predicaments.