* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Battle: King of the Stadium  (Read 19097 times)

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
Battle: King of the Stadium
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:01:07 AM »
Okay so I wanna play a little game. Since we don't have a set ladder on the testing server, lets make a makeshift ladder.

Here's how the game will work; for now I will select a five members of our community to become the "Royal 5" based on my own perception of skill (I'm including myself in this to start the game, not because of ego xD). Each memeber will be given 10 "points" to start off with. For each week, players can challenge any of the "Royal 5" in a 3-round battle. Defeating a Royal will earn you 2 points while the Royal in question will lose 2 points. Losing to the Royal will earn the Royal 1 point.

At the end of the week the points will be collected and tallied and a new set of Royals will be ellected.

Rules:
-Sleep, Freeze, and Species Clause must be on durring challenges.
-Battles must be 3 rounds.
-Please report any and all Royal challanges here so we can keep track of points.
-You do not need to keep logs of the battles, but it would be helpful if there is a dispute on a battle.
-Please be honest about battles to keep this fun.

Royal rules:
-At the beginning of each week, all Royals' points will be reset to 10.
-Every week (starting next game), the top Royal will be named "King" and will be allowed to set a goal line for that week.
-Royals can keep their position if they can surpass a certain number of points, or the "goal line" before the final day of the week.
-Royals who do not meet the goal line will be demoted and replaced with challengers in order of point totals.
-The goal line is not allowed to be lower than 15. This means that on any given week, a Royal must gain at least 5 points to be eligable for staying in the Royal 5.
-If a Royal is unable to stay active or does not want the position for the week they have been assigned, please PM me or post here so we can get a back up ready.

First Week Royals
*Noah_Road (King)-11
*Bing-12
*Cortex J.-14
*Shadowfred-10
*The_Fox-12
First Week Goal Line: 17 Points

Because I probably either explained something vaugely or missed something, please post any questions. Happy battling :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:49:00 PM by Noah_Road »

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Battle: King of the Stadium
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 04:04:07 AM »
Cool, so it looks like I'm going to have to keep my spot.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:12:01 AM »
The problem with this, as Silver pointed out on IRC, is those that arent Royals can never lose points. And you say you only reset Royals points. So therefore, eventually everyone will be a Royal because they cant lose points because im sure they will win sometimes, and i dont think thats what you were aiming for is it?

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 04:14:58 AM »
I think in order to gain points, you need to win against the royal, not a challenger.

Offline SweetRaichu

• Beginning Trainer
  • Back up! Kitty might Scartch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 05:13:12 AM »
im in this. this should be fun. But how about the queens

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 05:16:01 AM »
It says royals, Kings, Queens, Prince, Princesses, whatever.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 07:06:52 AM »
There needs to be a rule about the number of challenges.  I'm really gonna get sick of constant challenges from certain people.  This is a cool concept, and I like it.  But, without a rule for that, it's gonna be annoying.

Oh, and you should know who I'm talking about.  If not, don't worry.  You'll prolly get a rage filled message of why they are not a starting royal.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »
How about Royals can't challenge someone to gain points, they must be challenged, but if no challengers come, they can request it.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 09:08:12 AM »

There needs to be a rule about the number of challenges.  I'm really gonna get sick of constant challenges from certain people.  This is a cool concept, and I like it.  But, without a rule for that, it's gonna be annoying.

Oh, and you should know who I'm talking about.  If not, don't worry.  You'll prolly get a rage filled message of why they are not a starting royal.

Haha true true. Anyways this should prove pretty fun. Might even check on the Testing Server once my exams are over. But like Silver and Viper have pointed it out, the if the Challengers don't lose points, eventually they can become a Royal just by slowly battling their way to the top. So I think add Bing's idea of a "Certain Number of Challenges" and add a "Point Deduction" for losing to a Royal.

Well I had this idea:

- It doesn't have to be a limit on challenges, but maybe a there should be time intervals between the challenges. So, instead of prohibiting a Challenger to ask for battle with a Royal 3 times a day, it could be that once you battles a Royal, you can't battle that given Royal for (x number of minutes)

- Also how about making a new thread (you could use this one too, but it might get messy) about making appointments. It would basically mean that a day will be set (For now let's say Sunday) and on that day people have the chance to sign up to battle the Royals. Each person can only sign up once, and at the end of the day (still Sunday) the Sign-ups will be closed. It would determine the priority of who to battle. So lets say at the end of the day the Sign-ups looked like these:  1. Viper
                            2. Silver
                            3. Genbor
                            4. Maestro
                            5. Fox

The battles would go as follows: Viper can challenge any of the Royals he wants. Then Silver can challenge any of the Royals except the one Viper is battling for obvious reasons. Then I can chose to battle whoever I want and it goes down the list like that. Once at the list has been completed, go from the top again and keep this order. It could make it so that challenges from one person don't get spammed, and it could create an order of how to battle. So you check who is before you on the list, and wait patiently for until he starts battling and then can choose who to battle next.

Of course this only works with my assumption that more than one Royal is online at any one time, otherwise the poor Royal might have to go through the list of challengers all by himself. Also the list would only work when people are online. For example:

Viper is not online but Silver is. So Silver would be the first one naturally. If Viper gets online and Silver is already battling, he cannot be the one after Silver since his turn has been skipped. So he has to wait for the list to be completed and for it to start over again. Same works for everyone.

Also, you can't hold back the List by saying you will wait for the certain Royal so that you can battle. If a Royal is available you must battle him or be skipped when it is your turn. You want to keep things moving (just like you wouldn't want to cause Traffic by parking your car in the middle of the street until a certain someone comes back). If all 5 Royals are battling, wait for a Royal who becomes available again and battle him.

I made it so that the Sign-ups were only one day long is because if the Sign-ups keep continuing, it might become hard to track and edit the List all the time. So Sunday's Sign-ups have been completed and closed down by Noah (Could only be a post saying: Sign-ups closed for <date here>). Once next Sunday (or whichever day you want to pick for it) comes, new sign-ups start (same here Noah makes a message for Sign-ups Start <date here>) and a new List would be made for the order of Challenges.

- Moving on to the next issue: I think the Point Deduction system for the Challengers should be similar to how the Royals' system works. But instead of 2 points, just lose 1 point (just like the Royals only gain 1 point from beating a Challenger) this way there is a loss for the Challenger if he loses, but the risk is still high for the Royal since he loses 2 points.

Now I wasn't sure if I interpreted it correctly but anyone can be eligible to become a Royal if they meet the same point requirements as a Royal has to for keeping his position, but if there are more people who have reached the goal-line, not necessarily Royals, then I say that the Royals should be elected with the point ranking. So let's say there are many Challengers who have reached the goal line of 17 (or whatever it is that week) but all the original Royals had above 18, then it goes without saying that they remain that way. But If a Royal has reached the goal and a Challenger has more points than him, he should be made Royal instead of him. (You might have meant this, but for me it wasn't too clear sorry)

While it might be harsh on the Royals, it encourages them to do their best, and it would allow the Royals to be selected from the best battlers.

Well I end my little rant here. God it was good to finally write something longer than one sentence on a thread. Thanks for a great idea. :)
                                                                                      Cheers, Genbor
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »
I think I will expand on my ideas as well.

With the challenging aspect, instead of how Genbor describes, for flexibility, the royals can't challenge anyone to a Royal match (Yes, that can be the term for it.) They have to be challenged to it. If no one challenges to a Royal match, the royal can state that they are open to challengers for a royal match. The royal cannot do more than 3 matches a day so they don't overflow their points. This will mean that they can battle for 2 days to get the minimum, or do 3 a day to get as many as they can. On the final day, royals can take as many matches as they please, that is the day before the points reset.

On the challengers, they can only earn points by battling Royals, they can't do so any other way. This gives them an incentive to battle royals, so the first system doesn't fail. With 5 royals each doing 3 a day, that can total up to 30 points a day a challenger can possibly gain. But, if the challenger loses, they should be able to lose points as well, as Genbor suggested, 1 point. This way they must also take into account the chance of losing points.

For a penalty of getting 0 points, if a royals loses all their points, they should automatically lose the position, and can no longer participate in royal matches until the next week as a challenger.

Royals shouldn't battle the same person in a day, this way they don't gain points by beating the same person over and over again. The last day won't count on this, as it is open matches.

That is all, this is what I'm suggesting, and give Genbor and Bing credit for some of the ideas in here. In fact, they get most of it, I just organized it.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »
 Well yes I don't know if anyone ever said Royals can challenge, but I also think they shouldn't be able to. I believe Cortex meant that 3 Matches would be 3 Challenges, since 1 Challenge is 3 Matches ( or rounds).  I don't really like the 3 Challenges per day for each Royal though, since they are Royals, they are obviously not going to go down easy, so one match against a Royal would probably not be enough, and with only 5 Royals, people would get left out easily from being able to do Royal Challenges.

So maybe instead of 3 Challenges per Royal each day, how about we make it to 1 Challenge from each Challenger to a Royal. It would give a Challenger 5 Challenges, which can be used as 1 Challenge for each Royal per day.

I still think a Appointments or Sign-ups thread should be made for a purpose of organizing an order to the Challenges. We wouldn't want a Royal to get online and suddenly get spammed with Challenges. People would have to wait for their turn to challenge a Royal.

ShedinjaEDIT: I don't know how many people are usually on the Balance Server, so if the number is around 15 or less, then Cortex's 3 Challenges per Royal each day could work too. So nobody would be left out if a Challenger only has 1 Challenge per day except for the final day.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:55:32 AM by genbor »

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »
looks fun, kinda disappointed I am not a royal, but this weeks are some of the best around. Here's to a fun week! ;D

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »
I think the royals should be able to challenge any challenger with a higher point total. Otherwise if a challenger gets a higher point total than a royal, the royal is basically stuck.  If nobody challenges them they can't even try to defend their title.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »
I think the royals should be able to challenge any challenger with a higher point total. Otherwise if a challenger gets a higher point total than a royal, the royal is basically stuck.  If nobody challenges them they can't even try to defend their title.

Sure that could work.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »
Just wanted to point out, in case we already started.

Win against Meowth- 2W/1L

Win against Ponge- 2W/1L

2 points earned.