* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New game is coming (Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition)  (Read 65150 times)

Offline Mr.Dodo

• Normal Trainer
  • Sleepy...
    • View Profile
Re: New game is coming :D
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »
Well thats how life is... :D

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 11:23:40 PM »
I for one really like the concept of these games. Considering that this is a SPIN-OFF, I think it will do just fine. Giant gaming coprs like Pokemon need spin-off games to give players a change of pace while the company works on a new main series game. So far, every Pokemon spin-off has had a different style of battle: Pokemon Rangers and their catching system, PMD with their dungeon crawler gameplay, Colesuem and XD with the Shadow Pokemon + doubles battles being standard, and all the other less important spin-offs with their own uniqe gameplay.

I've actually wanted this concept of pre-modern pokemon for a very long time. Note that there is not one Pokeball in the trailers which probably mean that many people we fight in this game treat their pokemon akin to contracted summons. I'm very excited to hear more about this game.

As for the Mewtwo, I'm almost certain that they will either not explain how it is possible for genetic pokemon to be in the game which it obviously takes place before he was born (since spin-offs aren't canon, they don't need to give an explination) or that Mewtwo will be the main focus of the game and the story will revolve around how it came into being in this time period.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline KaminaEXE

• Normal Trainer
  • In my hands the means. In my heart the will.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2011, 11:34:08 PM »
I for one am all for spinnoffs but i just want them to at least put some quality time into it they, for the most part, have done a good job thus far.

Also i think a pre modern pokemon is a great idea there are a ton of  possibilitys i just hope they do it right like an Edo period Japan type setting and thats what it kinda looks like so im happy.
Who the hell do you think i am!!!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 06:37:21 AM »
And if you worry about the timeline of pokemon, why do you play Zelda games? ::)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2011, 06:39:02 AM »
And if you worry about the timeline of pokemon, why do you play Zelda games? ::)

There's errors in the Zelda timeline? Really? Because if there are, I'm gonna start liking Zelda a lot less.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2011, 06:42:59 AM »
There's errors in the Zelda timeline? Really? Because if there are, I'm gonna start liking Zelda a lot less.

Not 'errors' so to say, but it is difficult to come up with an explanation as to how the storyline, taking into consideration all the games, goes. But then, there's the producer I think who will be publishing a small book(let) explaining everything.

And as for the Pokemon + Nobunaga crossover, one could simply say that Celebi took Mewtwo to the past, or Dialga, or something like that. Time travelling in pokemon isn't that new really...

And noo!! Zelda series are among the best game ever!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2011, 06:52:23 AM »
If you play Skyward Sword, it makes things a LOT easier to comprehend.

Back to the subject at hand, that could be boring and expected, but at least it would make sense. What would be the worst is if they didn't bother giving any explanation at all. At least something vague would be nice.

Offline KaminaEXE

• Normal Trainer
  • In my hands the means. In my heart the will.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 07:00:02 AM »
Ehhh as a long time fan of zelda i for one think they just make the story up as they go but thats not why i like zelda though so i doesnt bother me much.
Who the hell do you think i am!!!

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 07:03:51 AM »
Mewtwo had the DNA of New, right. And Mew have the DNA of all Pokemon. That would mean it should have the DNA of both Celebi and Dialga, therefore, both Mew and Mewtwo should be able to travel in time (and space)...

Your mind = BLOWN!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2011, 07:07:30 AM »
Mewtwo had the DNA of New, right. And Mew have the DNA of all Pokemon. That would mean it should have the DNA of both Celebi and Dialga, therefore, both Mew and Mewtwo should be able to travel in time (and space)...

Your mind = BLOWN!

Having the DNA of someone/thing doesn't necessarily mean that you will have the traits of that someone/thing you know? ::)

Like if your DNA were to somehow merge with a dog, you would most probably suffer from all sorts of weird things until your body can no more handle it.

But that said, whether they give an explanation or not in that ranse game, I am looking forward to play it.

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »

Your mind = BLOWN!

Having the DNA of someone/thing doesn't necessarily mean that you will have the traits of that someone/thing you know? ::)

Like if your DNA were to somehow merge with a dog, you would most probably suffer from all sorts of weird things until your body can no more handle it.

But that said, whether they give an explanation or not in that ranse game, I am looking forward to play it.

True :o
But still... it's a interesting thought, right?

Offline league_champion_dude

• Beginning Trainer
  • RAGING darkrai
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »
that is really an interesting thought, but i've never seen mew or a mewtwo do something like a time travel.
So i suppose that dialga or a celebi is the most obvious solution there is.
Or maybe they already made a mewtwo sooner and then he died or something like that.

im playing all the 4 previous generations now in a row.
my head hurts and im a total zombie, but WHO cares... right?

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2011, 01:57:56 PM »
When I looked at the gameplay I thought of PMD so i'm not really sure if I should be excited.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »
Hmpf...Nothing new...It's like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon even if they got more Pokemons.
I LOVE CHARIZARD AND UMBREON!

Offline Mr.Dodo

• Normal Trainer
  • Sleepy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »
This game, i think, will be with new battle style, nothing we ve seen before :D