* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: (MMO Idea) Project: Data Dive  (Read 3969 times)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
(MMO Idea) Project: Data Dive
« on: December 24, 2011, 04:18:28 AM »
This is basically an idea I have for an MMO. I can't really do much with it now, but one day, I would like to make this a reality.

All of the info will be contained here.  http://pastebin.com/ZyEdRxEn
Keep in mind, this isn't absolute, things will change, I will be editing this whenever I think of something.

I am also open to suggestions for it. (I.E. Classes, weapons, quests, bosses, music, mechanics etc..)
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: (MMO Idea) Project: Data Dive
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:32:59 AM »
I've added in some classes, a good portion of the Storyline, and the Final boss.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 10:02:23 AM »
Make the boss have 999 skills because so it can be strong challange for player;

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 10:38:05 AM »
 Well I have read it. Sounds like a mix between a few games and something I have watched a while ago. Still if it is free to play it could work. What would make it more successful is if the combat style was going to be unique. So if you were planning to have skills which can be activated by shortkeys... don't. There are enough games like that already, your won't get too popular like that. If the story line is not too original, at least make the combat style one.

About the classes. They need improvement too in my opinion. Feral Blader sounds fun but maybe rename him. I don't see why there's a "Blader" in his name. Twin Blade is not exactly what it sounds like. I would just assume a regular Physical Fighter with a weapon in each hand.

What I noticed is you have a few classes already which could be grouped in Fighter. I also noticed that the basic difference is their combat style. If you keep going with it it could work but would require more effort. So create a class for most weaponry to add to the uniqueness of the game that could appeal to the crowd. You would have to research their abilities and uses though.

Here's a game that has done it very well in my opinion: Dynasty Warriors Online. There are no classes, instead you fight based on your weapons. Each weapon has a unique fighting style that counters another weapon fighting style and so on. Really fun but gets repetitive.

So what you could do with it is instead of leaving it to weapons, you could continue on with your idea where each class uses a different set of weapons (although that might mean you just merge Twin Blade into Bash Blader since they both use weapons) and add an option to further specialize in that weapon. For exaple: A player goes with Blader (maybe a new name would be nice, not exactly glowing from creativity) who uses Broadsword(s). He can choose to specialize with a Broadsword and a Shield, A Broadsword in each hand ( so far any class with one handed weapons can go with this) or utilize the Broadsword's mobility: Use it as a hybrid. The Broadsword is not as quick as a Longsword and doesn't hit as hard as a Greatsword, but it is quicker then a Greatsword and hits harder than a Longsword.

Anyways, it's up to you to decide on that. On another note: you are missing ranged and magic/mecha classes. If you go with the idea of Classes based on weapons, then Ranged too would be able to choose between Longbow, Shortbow, Crossbow, Thrown etc.

For magic/mecha (I don't know which you might be implementing magic or Science Fiction based weaponry) you could divide it according to it's Magic Classes. Kind of like what's in The Elder Scroll's type of games.

Well that's what I would do with an MMORPG I would create from a story like that. You may or may not adopt these ideas to your game, but just know that there are enough of those skill+hotkey type of games out there that it wouldn't appeal too much to the crowd.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 10:44:23 AM »
Twin Blade is not exactly what it sounds like.

Twin Blade it's a melee weapon used by ninjas and samurai.
You can find TWIN BLADE in S4League as a spamming weapon for new players.

Physical Fighter isn't the guy who use it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 10:49:07 AM by Armand »
I LOVE CHARIZARD AND UMBREON!

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »
I was planning to make the Final Boss Stupid-Powerful

Regarding Twin Blades, I was thinking of two short blades, One would have physical(melee-style) abilities, the other would have Magic Abilities(Spells and stuff)
Twin blades would also be a Beginner's Class. They need evenly balanced stats to function properly.

Genbor is right, I'm basically doing what most MMOs do, and I'm borrowing ideas from other MMOs. I'm also taking ideas from the .hack// Series as well, seeing as it hasn't been looked into much.
Of course, this requies a bit of tweaking.

Regardless of the above, this is all in the idea phase,(and will be for some 5+ years) so there will be MAJOR editing, and ample time for it.

As for the stat system, I was planning for 6-7 Different Stats(The more options, the more ways there are to play. More Playability keeps Players interested.)

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »
 Well I'll be interested in what ways you'll be trying to make it unique. Good luck :)
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!