* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Jobs System  (Read 27502 times)

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
  • September 10th, can't wait!
    • View Profile
Jobs System
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »
I remember from the old games that sometime raising money is hard so I came up with an idea of maybe making jobs like side quests that you get paid for.

Where does the job part kicks in? these side quests will be categorized by job (special id) that players can do only if they have the required id. The jobs could be change a job per day to avoid players switching jobs to gain more money.

Jobs:
-Police officer (GMs)
-Farmer
- Mail-Man
-Pizza Delivery Guy
-Pokemon Trainer
-Seller
-Teacher
-Doctor
-Ranger

Levels and Level Cap:
jobs will be split into two categories:
- till level 20
- after level 20

Every job will be available after a chosen level (trainer level):
Untill level 20
Farmer:                 Starters job
Mail-Man:               level 5
Pizza Delivery Guy:level 10
Seller:                   level 15

After level 20:
Pokemon Trainer:   level 20
Teacher:                level 30
Doctor:                  level 40
Ranger:                 level 50

Tests:
Every job will have a test of 5 questions about their subject like:
Doctor: How many Health points can Hyper Potion recover? Up to 200 HP
Teacher: How many PP is there for Quick Attack?
Ranger: You have encountered a trainer that harms his Chikorita, What will you do?
Farmer: What does Pomeg berry got for?
Pizza Delivery Guy: Where was the Pizza Made for the first time?
Pokemon trainer: At which level does Geodude evolves into Graveler?
Seller: What's the price of a Potion?

the officer won't have a test for my opinion because only GMs will have this job

Advanteges:
Every jobs will give you different advantage:
Police officer: will be able to arrest criminals ( can be referred for GM police that bans hackers/flamers and bad behaving players).
Farmer:         will have discount on fruits or will get more every time he pick one up.
Teacher:        will have discount on TM and Battle Items.
Doctor:          will have a discount on potions and will be able to heal pokemons.
Ranger:         will have advantage when catching pokemons
Seller:           will have a low discount in shops
Pizza Deliver: will be faster than usual player

**Updated to page 2**

Hope you liked it :D

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:45:39 PM by MrMuffin »
When life gives you lemons, use splash attack!

Offline CraigGameFan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs System
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »
its an interesting idea.

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:18:44 PM »
Getting money is hard in the games? ???
Can't say I've had that problem... Not even early

But the idea is good :) Maybe they could make it a update sometime

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
So what you're basically saying is:

- Reach a level
- Answer questions
- Get bonus in form of discounts and other

?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline bazzleman

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 04:53:57 PM »
I must admit I do find getting money after beating the elite four in Pokemon black and white annoying and difficult since there isn't a versus seeker, a job system would be a bit pointless if there was a versus seeker

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »
Jerr
So what you're basically saying is:

- Reach a level
- Answer questions
- Get bonus in form of discounts and other

?

Nope, I'm saying:
-Reach level
-Answer 5 Questions
-Get job
- Finish Job quests/mission to get the money

Another thing came up to my mind is the point of those discounts will be rewards from quests/mission

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 05:18:02 PM »
Another thing came up to my mind is the point of those discounts will be rewards from quests/mission

Now this changes everything. For the way you had it, it was like one player didn't even have to do anything to get the facilities provided by each 'job'.

Now coming to the 'job switching' part. If I understood well, you want a player to pick only one job at a time and cannot change until some period of time, right?
Then what if say... one player reaches Level 10 quickly? They would be starting off as farmer in your example and get access to teacher. That sounds a bit unfair to me for a hard working player not able to get a 'taste' of another job as soon as (s)he can, and the player is sort of forced to choose farmer at the beginning since it's the only one available for this level.

Anything you plan or can think of to make it a little more 'fair'?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

Now this changes everything. For the way you had it, it was like one player didn't even have to do anything to get the facilities provided by each 'job'.

Now coming to the 'job switching' part. If I understood well, you want a player to pick only one job at a time and cannot change until some period of time, right?
Then what if say... one player reaches Level 10 quickly? They would be starting off as farmer in your example and get access to teacher. That sounds a bit unfair to me for a hard working player not able to get a 'taste' of another job as soon as (s)he can, and the player is sort of forced to choose farmer at the beginning since it's the only one available for this level.

Anything you plan or can think of to make it a little more 'fair'?

These are just examples, i added "and so on..." becase i didn't have any in my mind right now but i'm sure you we can come up with more like "Journalist" "**Pokemon trainer (train pokemons for others)", "Fashion designer" and "Salesman"
**- Job that give you a pokemon in a closed area so you can't run away with him and use him for your own

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
You're not really addressing the point of where it comes as fair or not :-\

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
You're not really addressing the point of where it comes as fair or not :-\
i'm right into it, if you add more jobs there is more variety- therefore  better range.
Let's say every job that doesn't address pokemons directly such as farmer, journalist, designer and salesman will be for lower levels
this way there will be a separation between high level jobs and low level jobs. If player want to have a job like Ranger or Pokemon trainer they'll have to work harder

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
i'm right into it, if you add more jobs there is more variety- therefore  better range.
Let's say every job that doesn't address pokemons directly such as farmer, journalist, designer and salesman will be for lower levels
this way there will be a separation between high level jobs and low level jobs. If player want to have a job like Ranger or Pokemon trainer they'll have to work harder

And what would they do until they achieve the point where they can be a Ranger?

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 07:05:56 PM »

And what would they do until they achieve the point where they can be a Ranger?

work as low level jobs. Low level jobs will be easier, many, and small reward and as they grow to high level jobs the quests will be more complicated with bigger reward. Like every game- you you start from almost scratch and you build up till you're what you want to be

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 07:11:36 PM »
work as low level jobs. Low level jobs will be easier, many, and small reward and as they grow to high level jobs the quests will be more complicated with bigger reward. Like every game- you you start from almost scratch and you build up till you're what you want to be

This is all good... until the time where they have played enough to meet the requirements to be a ranger, and cannot do so since they have spent a full day working hard as, say farmer, and you are telling them they cannot change that soon. They weren't even interested in becoming a farmer in the first place, nor any of the other choices! And now that they are able to become Ranger, they can't!

See the problem?

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
Won't it be weird to have 100 farmers,100 rangers , and so on? If this job thing happens, what will be the point of everyone being a farmer when this thing happens? And where would all this take place? There would have to be like a new area just for farms. Also everyone would have to get land.
Even if you say that players can choose to become this there will be an overflow of this. Also you don't want players to make double accounts or new characters if they want one to a ranger, and the other to be doctor
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline CraigGameFan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 07:34:34 PM »
why not just choose a type of trainer at the start like a ranger etc and you get a very small perk for each class. Might make it a little more interesting but the job thing i dont see happening.