* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Jobs System  (Read 27460 times)

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs System
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »
The whole perk thing seems like a hassle to be honest. The next thing you know people will want to increase their perks like an rpg game where you increase your stats every level up. Than they will want more perks. Later it will just throw the whole game out of balance.
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
  • September 10th, can't wait!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
your reply made me smile :)
well I'm not playing too much RPG but if you add a bit of it I'm sure it'll just help :)
When life gives you lemons, use splash attack!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
why not just choose a type of trainer at the start like a ranger etc and you get a very small perk for each class. Might make it a little more interesting but the job thing i dont see happening.

This was something I had in mind as a suggestion to avert the problem I pointed out and which could solve it!

But this said, this can lead to multiple accounts and I guess mods will just have to be more on alert and warn (maybe even ban?) such players.

And MrMuffin, I'll let you know that people are waiting for your sample maps...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 07:50:57 PM »
why not just choose a type of trainer at the start like a ranger etc and you get a very small perk for each class. Might make it a little more interesting but the job thing i dont see happening.

This was something I had in mind as a suggestion to avert the problem I pointed out and which could solve it!

But this said, this can lead to multiple accounts and I guess mods will just have to be more on alert and warn (maybe even ban?) such players.

And MrMuffin, I'll let you know that people are waiting for your sample maps...

I see...  Mods will have to pay more attention anyway because people can always create more and more accounts to storge starters (if there's pokemon storage system), you bring up a big problem that may appear about everything.

and I already uploaded the first to my personal gallery, if you/they want me to send it to someone than give me an email or something

Offline CraigGameFan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
maybe an IP thing to make sure theres 1 account per person. Dont know how it would work though.

Offline MyTh

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 07:58:41 PM »
The whole perk thing seems like a hassle to be honest. The next thing you know people will want to increase their perks like an rpg game where you increase your stats every level up. Than they will want more perks. Later it will just throw the whole game out of balance.

I thought pokemon trainers level up too.
Not only their pokemon.

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »
maybe an IP thing to make sure theres 1 account per person. Dont know how it would work though.

It's a command that shows you the ip of an account (that's what i know from other games)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »
I see...  Mods will have to pay more attention anyway because people can always create more and more accounts to storge starters (if there's pokemon storage system), you bring up a big problem that may appear about everything.

and I already uploaded the first to my personal gallery, if you/they want me to send it to someone than give me an email or something

Still... you haven't said anything on what CraigGameFan said and taking that into consideration, what I understand right now is that you are maintaining your suggestion for level cap to have access to different jobs...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »

Still... you haven't said anything on what CraigGameFan said and taking that into consideration, what I understand right now is that you are maintaining your suggestion for level cap to have access to different jobs...
I try to figure out a way of players won't create multiple accounts to get the reward....

About the level cap- the job will be split into two categories:
- till level 20
- after level 20

Till level 20:
jobs such as farmer, Pizza Delivery Guy, Mailman and Seller will have low level cap:
farmer: level 0
Mailman: level 5
Pizza Delivery Guy: level 10
Seller: level 15

After level 20
jobs such as Teacher, Ranger, Pokemon Trainer and Doctor will have high level cap:
Pokemon Trainer: level 20
Teacher: level 30
Doctor: level 40
Ranger: level 50

This way if a player levels up to 10 pretty fast he will have 3 available jobs

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »
But does that mean that you're still preventing players to switch jobs within a certain period of time? Because if you do, the original problem is still there.

And as you said, no need to worry about the multiple accounts since the mods will already be on the look out for them.

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
about the time period:
to prevet players from switching between jobs to get "easy cash" the will be able to change job every period of time- something like a job id per day so the will be able to do let's say "Farmer" job for a whole day or until they reach level 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100

btw I'm updating it all into the first post

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
Umm, if this were to be implemented, one could just pick a job at the beginning and reap the rewards as (s)he levels up.  The rewards obviously increasing as they level up.  Now the job level could be separate from the actual player level.  In ordering to level up their chosen profession they would have to do tasks like a job quest or something, also doing specific actions that would be along the lines of your profession, such as capture a pokemon for the ranger job, and that action would put one a little closer to leveling up their profession.  But in order to level up your job effectively one must do job oriented quests.

To address the multiple account issues why not make it so one's job level can't exceed their player level, or some sort of level cap that is based on your current level. Another way to do this is to make the best rewards for the job be at the higher job levels, that means one would have to actually put time and effort into raising their job level. Once one's job is mastered they could be allowed to start mastering another job.  Mastering a total of two jobs, the other jobs could eventually be leveled up but not to the same degree as mastering them, therefore the player would have to choose wisely as to what job they want to take up.

/end wall of text
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »
hmm all you said about the high level quests mean best reward was already brought up,
the idea of a special bar for the job sounds great although it's familiar from other game.
It can be a great way to stop multi-accounts

Offline shermana

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
So are you saying that you Answer five questions, and the job you get depends on what you answered for the five questions? Overall... I think this is a great idea cause you as a player can make money rather than rely on winning battles for getting money.

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 11:27:14 PM »
ive got an idea! what about if someone gets to choose a job that all start at a level lets say 10 then it has a whole tree on promotions so you could choose your line of work like a salesman would turn to merchant at level 20 then to business man at level 40 to CEO at level 60 or something and a farmer would turn to a producer then to a landlord this is just a guess hope this helps:)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:31:13 PM by lubbies »
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man