* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Jobs System  (Read 27465 times)

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
Re: Jobs System
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 07:51:38 AM »
So are you saying that you Answer five questions, and the job you get depends on what you answered for the five questions? Overall... I think this is a great idea cause you as a player can make money rather than rely on winning battles for getting money.

THAT actually sounds like Mystery Dungeon... Would be cool to do it that way, though maybe not, since you can get a job that doesn't make sense for you at all...

I know I will be going around catching Pokemon a lot! I'll probably aim for a full Pokedex, or at least to the point where no more Pokemon are obtainable, and probably make trades or give away Pokemon to other trainers.
If I choose Ranger, it would make kinda sense, as they get more XP/Money/whatever as they catch Pokemon, unlike farmers, who will be getting rewards from gathering Berries... I think most people will choose something they can earn good rewards from and maybe get money (?) from, based on their own play-style.
I guess Farmers will be able to sell berries they don't need, right? Same with the other jobs... Rangers won't probably be able to get as much money, as selling Pokemon just isn't right... Ask Team Rocket. They tried.

Actually, this post makes no sense... just skip it

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »
Just wait till the game comes out before people decide to go  with this then decide if you really want this
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
  • September 10th, can't wait!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 02:47:35 PM »
ive got an idea! what about if someone gets to choose a job that all start at a level lets say 10 then it has a whole tree on promotions so you could choose your line of work like a salesman would turn to merchant at level 20 then to business man at level 40 to CEO at level 60 or something and a farmer would turn to a producer then to a landlord this is just a guess hope this helps:)

I think it's not a good idea, if in the middle of a job you decide you want to be a ranger? and it sounds too much like MS or EL (MMORPG games)

THAT actually sounds like Mystery Dungeon... Would be cool to do it that way, though maybe not, since you can get a job that doesn't make sense for you at all...

I know I will be going around catching Pokemon a lot! I'll probably aim for a full Pokedex, or at least to the point where no more Pokemon are obtainable, and probably make trades or give away Pokemon to other trainers.
If I choose Ranger, it would make kinda sense, as they get more XP/Money/whatever as they catch Pokemon, unlike farmers, who will be getting rewards from gathering Berries... I think most people will choose something they can earn good rewards from and maybe get money (?) from, based on their own play-style.
I guess Farmers will be able to sell berries they don't need, right? Same with the other jobs... Rangers won't probably be able to get as much money, as selling Pokemon just isn't right... Ask Team Rocket. They tried.

Actually, this post makes no sense... just skip it

hmm you just posted a new job: Pokemon Seller and ~Some villain team name~ teammate
and about rangers- they don't sale the pokemons as much as I know, Rangers have the advantage of higher Pokemon catching rate than normal players.

This is how to calculate it:
(Player's level*LD)/Pokemon's level= Catch bonus
LD- Level Difference

While the Minimum bonus is 5%

Btw I think it's time that Pikatchu will try to catch rocket team and sell them!
When life gives you lemons, use splash attack!

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
hmm you just posted a new job: Pokemon Seller

God please no!!! D:

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »
hmm you just posted a new job: Pokemon Seller

God please no!!! D:

Hehe, indeed.
I'd like other PU team opinions too, although Jerry's post made a great progress to the idea :)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
Well, I was merely trying to make you think it throughout well before you post an idea...

And what do you mean by Level Difference?

Plus anyone will be able to sell Pokemon... it would equate to a trade of Pokemon, and then transferring funds from one trainer to the other. The other pokemon involved in the trade could be any easy to find and easy to catch pokemon like Rattata or Magikarp (or any other Pokemon you might consider not really valuable).

Or if there is no option to transfer funds (which is unlikely), it'll be like selling a small item for a lot of money.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Donnie

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'm a musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »
maybe an IP thing to make sure theres 1 account per person. Dont know how it would work though.

IP addresses are easy to scramble and change when wanted...especially if you want a faster connection.

Also, just like in any RPG, everyone selects their "class" in the beginning with a job class being available which is a separate quest just like they chose that particular class from the get go, so the idea of everyone starting out as a farmer then once they reach lvl 10 or so being able to choose their specific class fits. Keep in mind though that when you switch jobs that you have to start from the base of that particular field.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:39:46 PM by Donnie »

That Looks kinda painful...jus sayin

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »
maybe an IP thing to make sure theres 1 account per person. Dont know how it would work though.

IP addresses are easy to scramble and change when wanted...especially if you want a faster connection.

Also, just like in any RPG, everyone selects their "class" in the beginning with a job class being available which is a separate quest just like they chose that particular class from the get go, so the idea of everyone starting out as a farmer then once they reach lvl 10 or so being able to choose their specific class fits. Keep in mind though that when you switch jobs that you have to start from the base of that particular field.

Dude, this is not maplestory, the point of a job is a feature not something that will be so dominant in the game.

Jerry-
Level difference is that: 50-20= 30 -> 30 is the difference.
If a Ranger level 62 will try to catch a pokemon level 42 it'll look like that:
(62*20)/42=29.5 catch bouns

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 06:11:14 PM »
Yes, but what is 50 and what is 20?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
Player's level - Wild pokemon's level= Level difference
      50          -             20               =        30

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 08:02:23 PM »
So...

(Player's level*(Player's level - Wild Pokemon level)/Pokemon's level= Catch bonus

Then how come:
If a Ranger level 62 will try to catch a pokemon level 42 it'll look like that:
(62*20)/42=29.5

Shouldn't it be:

(62*(62-42))/42=29

?

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »

Shouldn't it be:

(62*(62-42))/42=29

yes,
But why adding "(62-42)" when you already stated that it is LD and LD is level difference?
lets K.I.S.S:
(Player's level  *  Level difference) /   Pokemon's level  =  Catch rate bonus
                                       (PL*LD)/WPL=CB

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:14:49 PM by MrMuffin »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2012, 08:14:48 PM »

Then I still don't see why you used 50 and 20 here. ::)

Nor how the 30 magically turned to 20 in your initial post.

Offline MrMuffin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »

Then I still don't see why you used 50 and 20 here. ::)

example my mate, example

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »
I know this topic is a little old in the sense that its been discussed multiple times, but what if you could start out choosing a class. Whether it be trainer, breeder, or coordinator, it doesn't have to be permanent. There could be a way to change your class, of course it would cost a decent amount of money and experience, but its still possible. As for jobs, well I don't exactly think pizza guy and mailman are necessary, but the more effective jobs such as doctor could be implemented as a skill. Players would have to obtain said skill through a quest and then practice with it in order to perfect it. Perhaps if they raise it to a certain level they could obtain the title or status of, "Pokemon Doctor?" The problem with classes in general for a Pokemon game is that they're all so similar. Coordinators catch Pokemon, breeders battle Pokemon, trainers breed and take part in contest at times. It never seems that one class indefinitely defines their actions, whether that be from the anime, game, manga, etc. I think if things such as breeding and healing were just used as skills rather than classes, it would solve the obvious problems. Also, if one were to invest their time purely into their breeding skill, they could obtain the Breeder title at one point. Just a thought. I didn't read every post in this thread, so something like this has probably been mentioned in some capacity, but hey, its just my two cents.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:03:45 PM by Tristan »