* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Why the Anime Sucks  (Read 23544 times)

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
Re: Why the Anime Sucks
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 04:17:48 AM »
Ash secretly has 5 pikachus, and he replaces them when moving to a new region.

Yeah. It's a pokemon conspiracy.

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 05:48:43 AM »
Which is one of the reasons why I'm watching it in Japanese. Voices had changed since the beginning of Battle Frontier season (for the worse). However, the plot has improved and Ash is catching a lot more Pokemon than the other regions. Only sad part is that Team Rocket lost their comic relief.

One more thing about the anime I despise is that Ash's age turn back to 10 every region ~_~ and stupid (come on, how do you not know about type advantages and weaknesses!?). On another note, how the heck does Pikachu lose to Snivy? x"D

You've hit the nail on the head. B/W had a lot of potential but they just make Ash look like a joke. He's not even like the original Ash, he seems way more childish, and I hate Iris. Cilan is *okay* but Iris is beyond annoying with all her criticism. The sad part is that she's not wrong. Like I said, Ash is a joke. His new rival pissed me off because lets be honest here, Ash should be somewhat known as a trainer. He's competed in a ton of leagues and tournaments and he's a Battle Frontier Pokemon Champion. Then Skip or Trip or whatever the guy's called just disrespects him like that. If that were me, I'd say screw all the Unova Pokemon, get back Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, and whoever else I need to pwn the league. I know it's a kids show and they have to keep the format going so it's stays alive, but my god, it wasn't this annoying when I was little.

Offline shermana

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 06:05:54 AM »
I liked the anime up until they switched voices. It would have been fine if the voices sounded somewhat like the original ones, but the voices during battle frontier is awful.

Offline Kanyuu

• New Trainer
  • Auu? xD
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 06:13:16 AM »
You've hit the nail on the head. B/W had a lot of potential but they just make Ash look like a joke. He's not even like the original Ash, he seems way more childish, and I hate Iris. Cilan is *okay* but Iris is beyond annoying with all her criticism. The sad part is that she's not wrong. Like I said, Ash is a joke. His new rival pissed me off because lets be honest here, Ash should be somewhat known as a trainer. He's competed in a ton of leagues and tournaments and he's a Battle Frontier Pokemon Champion. Then Skip or Trip or whatever the guy's called just disrespects him like that. If that were me, I'd say screw all the Unova Pokemon, get back Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, and whoever else I need to pwn the league. I know it's a kids show and they have to keep the format going so it's stays alive, but my god, it wasn't this annoying when I was little.

I'm indifferent towards Iris and Cilan, but definitely prefer Misty and Brock.
It's true, Paul annoyed the hell out of me as well ~_~ I understand that Ash needs to start over with new pokemon, otherwise he'd overpower the new trainers... but that doesn't mean that he has to be THAT weak.
Haha the reason why we probably did not find it as annoying when we were little was probably because it was fresh and that we know a lot more things now compared to back then.

Henceforth, Pokemon Special (manga) all the way!

@ Shermana, haha it really sounded like Ash hit puberty x"D yet still turns back to the age of 10

@Darkstar64 ROFL ; so true, and possibly a time machine / a Cerebi to take Ash back to being 10 years old :o
If you are interested in art, please have a look at my drawings ^_^ Thank you~! :)

Artwork: http://hanyuu1983.deviantart.com/