* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Trainer Professions  (Read 16301 times)

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Trainer Professions
« on: January 25, 2012, 06:35:55 pm »
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICAL PROFESSIONS THREAD, SO DON'T THINK THIS WILL EVER BE IN THE GAME.

Trainer Professions
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Crafting Professions
Researcher - Pokeball Crafting (PokeBall, GreatBall, NetBall, etc.)
Scientist -  Stat-Giving Item Crafting (Attack X, Iron, Defense X, Protein, etc.)
Doctor - Potion Crafting (Super Potion, Parlyz Heal, Max Ether, etc.)
Artisan - Held Item Crafting (Mircle Seed, Charcoal, etc.) [Non-Evolving Held Items Only]
Chef - Food Crafting (Aprijuice, Pies, etc.)

Collecting Professions
Excavator - Raw Material Collector (Iron Ore, Copper Ore, etc.) [Possibly Evolution Stones]
Herbalist - Natural Herb Material Collector (Flowers/Herbs, etc.)
Farmer - Apricorn/Berry Material Collector (Oran Berries, White Apricorn, etc.)

The Researcher
This crafting profession is designed to create/craft Pokeballs. All Pokeball's will be craftable, and possibly more types added in the future exclusive to Pokemon Universe. A Researcher would obtain its raw materials for crafting Pokeball's from the Farmers, and Excavators. From the Farmers they'd recieve Apricorns, as most of you know, in the older games you could craft Pokeball's using Apricorns. There will be other types of Apricorns then the ones in the Pokemon Games. A Researcher would also obtain the other parts to craft Pokeball's through Excavators. Reseachers will be able to obtain Ore, or other raw materials, to create things mechinically for the Pokeball's. After all materials, and recipes are obtained, you'll then be able to craft the desired Pokeball.

The Scientist
This crafting profession is designed to create/craft Stat-Giving Items. All Stat Items will be craftable, and possibly more powerful types of that particular Stat-Giving Item, exclusive to Pokemon Universe. A Scientist would ontain its raw materials for crafting such items from Herbalist, and Farmers. From the Herbalist they'd recieve Natural Herbs that trigger the desired effects that Stat-Giving Items deliver. A Scientist would also obtain Berries from Farmers for various effects, based on the item they are creating. After all materials, and recipes are obtained, you'll be able to craft the desired Stat-Giving Item.

The Doctor
This crafting profession is designed to create/craft Potions. All Potions will be craftable, and possibly more variations added in the future, exclusive to Pokemon Universe. A Doctor would obtains its raw materials for crafting such Potions from Excavator, and Farmers. From the Excavator they'd recieve raw materials to craft such containers, to hold the healing substances in. A Doctor would also obtain Berries, that have similar effects as the potion they are creating, from a Farmer. After all materials, and recipes are obtained, you'll be able to craft the desired Potion.

The Artisan
This crafting profession is designed to create/craft Held Items. All Held Items will be craftable, other than evolving type held items, and possibly more added in the future, exclusive to Pokemon Universe. A Artisan would obtain its raw materials for crafting Held Item's from Excavators, and Herbalist. From the Excavators, they'd recieve magical stones, or other materials to give the held item such power. From the Herbalist, they'd recieve raw materials to create powders, or other things to enhance the materials given to them by the Excavators. After all materials and recipes are obtained, you'll be able to craft the desired Held Item.

The Chef
This crafting profession is designed to create/craft Food for healing, status effects, Pokemon mood enhancing type items. All Food items will be craftable, and a lot more added in the future, exclusive to Pokemon Universe. A Chef would obtain its raw materials for crafting Food from Farmers, and Herbalist. From the Farmer they recieve such things as Berries, and other raw materials to create the taste of such food. From Herbalist, they'd recieve the magical attribute that give the Food it's effects. After all materials and recipeds are obtained, you'll be able to craft the desired Food.

I am still putting this together, but thought I'd let everyone take a look an try to add their own thing; or question the things that are already up here. This is just a suggestion, and I wanted to see how the community felt about it. A lot of items will need to be made, which isn't a problem in the art department, in order for this to work properly. There will be quest for particular recipes for each Profession, as well as, Profession Levels to obtain particular said recipes. I have not written anything about the Collecting Professions, other than the side notes.

If you have any ideas on professions, preferably, the Collecting Professions. That'd be great. Thanks, and enjoy.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICAL PROFESSIONS THREAD, SO DON'T THINK THIS WILL EVER BE IN THE GAME.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:15:19 pm by Mr_Dark »
Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney
Check out the link above, for art updates on Pokemon Universe!

Contacts:
Email - [email protected]
Skype - Mashaney

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
Re: Trainer Professions
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 06:58:23 pm »
Miner should get to mine leaf, fire stones like in platinum you have an excavating kit.
And hard rock steel coat so on and so on.
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 07:06:13 pm »
Miner should get to mine leaf, fire stones like in platinum you have an excavating kit.
And hard rock steel coat so on and so on.

I mentioned that in the first post,

Excavator - Raw Material Collector (Iron Ore, Copper Ore, etc.) [Possibly Evolution Stones]

Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney

Contacts:
Skype - Mashaney

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 08:51:21 pm »
I really liked this, well done bringing the concept that's been flowing around here for a while and actually putting it together. About the collecting professions, I think there should be a special item the player needs to collect said things, like a pick axe, sickle, etc. and the item could break at one point, requiring either a new one or the raw materials to fix it. I bring this up as a suggestion to what normal raw materials could be used for as well.

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:00:01 am »
I really liked this, well done bringing the concept that's been flowing around here for a while and actually putting it together. About the collecting professions, I think there should be a special item the player needs to collect said things, like a pick axe, sickle, etc. and the item could break at one point, requiring either a new one or the raw materials to fix it. I bring this up as a suggestion to what normal raw materials could be used for as well.

Every Profession will have a item/tool they use to craft the ingredients for the recipe they have obtained. Not sure if they should be breakable, but it is an interesting point. It should definitively be spoken about. Maybe something more along the lines of crafting tool/harvesting tool upgrade.

Cooper Pick Axe, Iron Pick Axe, etc.
Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney

Contacts:
Skype - Mashaney

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 03:46:14 am »
These items mine or made should be sold to npc's or in stores.
If they are sold to in auctions then they should receive levels that affect the item's efficiency like if you are a high level researcher that makes a normal Pokeball the Pokeball should have a catch rate potential that varies from level to level of the Pokemon.

Example-
Player 01
Job- Researcher
Researcher Level 20
Pokeball Type-
Normal-                                      Great-
Efficiency on-                              Efficiency on-
Level 1~10- 35%                        Level 1~10- 50%
Level 11~20- 20%                      Level 11~20- 45%

^Something along those lines.
I just think it would balance the game more if Players actually had a reason to sell a self made Normal Pokeball for $500 in an auction because it is efficient and not just cause they want money. No one will want to buy a auction ball that they can buy for less in Market.
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:09:13 pm »
These items mine or made should be sold to npc's or in stores.
If they are sold to in auctions then they should receive levels that affect the item's efficiency like if you are a high level researcher that makes a normal Pokeball the Pokeball should have a catch rate potential that varies from level to level of the Pokemon.

Example-
Player 01
Job- Researcher
Researcher Level 20
Pokeball Type-

^Something along those lines.
I just think it would balance the game more if Players actually had a reason to sell a self made Normal Pokeball for $500 in an auction because it is efficient and not just cause they want money. No one will want to buy a auction ball that they can buy for less in Market.

That's very interesting. I can't believe an idea like that has crossed my mine. I wouldn't make it a 5% increase; Maybe 1% increase on efficiency per 10 Profession levels. This could also apply to the other professions as well.

Researcher - 1% Efficiency per 10 Profession Levels.
Scientist -  +1 on all stat adding effects, per 20 Profession Levels.
Doctor - +5 on all healing effects, per 10 Profession Levels.
Artisan - 1% more effecient on Held Iteam, per 10 Profession Levels.
Chef - +5 on all healing effects, per 10 Profession Levels.

In the gathering Professions, they'd get a boost in finding more rare items/objects while gathering per 10 Profession Levels.

Thanks Reafer, nice addition.
Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney

Contacts:
Skype - Mashaney

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 06:46:40 pm »
Aren't you afraid that these effects will disrupt the already carefully analyzed and altered of the balance the balance team took so long to complete? I suggest instead of having effects that affect battles, why not have it affect things that wouldn't change a battle in a huge way, like making pokemon even easier to catch, pokemon become happier faster, you gain more money, etc. I would try to stay away from things that can boost a held items effects, since then everyone will try to use a scarf, which would give a larger speed and power boost, and therefore, make everyone have OP pokemon, and a less fun game.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 06:51:55 pm »
I tend to agree.  Unless the boost is for crafting the items.  Boosts to in battle anything is just unfair and will disrupt the balance that PU is trying to achieve.

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 08:56:38 pm »
Thanks
Yeah the sever would go off balance I guess if it makes the Pokemon easy to catch.
If it only affects their happiness that wouldn't be so bad, but it not like it would make caught Pokemon stats go up either.
I would vote for Happiness instead of probabilities of catching. It would make some Pokemon easier to evolve later on which is not so bad.
I like this idea though. If you mine Leaf Stone and use it on a Gloom the stats go up higher than if you use a store brought Leaf Stone. One thing that can effect the stats is the time taken to mine or even make the Leaf stone. If you mine with a High Level of Skills than the stone is a +1 or something like that. But if you mine PIECES like 1 of 6 you get a +11 to all stats or something like that.
I love Turtles!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 09:10:03 pm »
That will also break the balance. Think about it, that vileplume will become OP compared to others. Try to lean away from boosting stats like that.

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 09:19:03 pm »
True but I was just suggesting since stats are high for breed Pokemon unless that is taken out in PU.
I love Turtles!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 09:22:28 pm »
They are balancing pokemon in a specific way. to have something give a bigger stat boost outside of training that is not supposed to, would break that balance. The only way for any of these to work is to think of something that will not affect battles in a any way, or the pokemons stats in any way. HAving an easier time catching pokemon  will not break the balance. Haveing an easier time finding evolution stones will not break the balance. Having an easier time finding specific pokemon will not break the balance. Anything that gives a boost to held items, a stat boost that is not the original effect, or making a pokemon stronger just because will break the balance.

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 09:26:26 pm »
The balance is hell on you isn't it?
If the user will have stats that make mining items possible than if you take out the Pokemon and put player stats in will it work?
Example-
Player 01
Job- Researcher
Researcher Level 20
Pokeball Type-

I love Turtles!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »
That can work. But again, this is not an actual feature for the game. Just a suggestion. The idea bryan gave was for you guys to brainstorm, I'm just asking to stay away from the balance aspect, or this may not be taken seriously.