* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

What do you think of Pokemon Contests?

I liked and played them a lot in the official games.
12 (24.5%)
They were ok, I played them a few times in the games.
25 (51%)
I didn't like them, the way you train for contests in the game is boring.
2 (4.1%)
I don't like the idea of contests at all, no matter how cool the in-game system.
1 (2%)
I like the idea in the anime but not in the game/ I have another idea for making them better.
9 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Pokemon Contests  (Read 11827 times)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Contests
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 04:42:34 AM »
why can't contests be turned into more like the anime where you can do combo moves and create dazzling effects of awesomeness

The combo moves would work to an extent. the customizaton of effect patterns would take an enourmous amount of coding, but if its limited to what the games gave us, then its not really worth it.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 05:12:33 AM »
why can't contests be turned into more like the anime where you can do combo moves and create dazzling effects of awesomeness

The combo moves would work to an extent. the customizaton of effect patterns would take an enourmous amount of coding, but if its limited to what the games gave us, then its not really worth it.

still would be awesome lol also have the ball capsules effect the contest in some way
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 10:43:33 AM »
The ball Capsules would be much easier.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »
Well, don't expect contests in any near future.
1) Just planning a uniqe way of judging and the way rounds would look, and move combinations would teake a whole lot of work.
2) Not to mention awfully time-consumming sprite makeing, arcsessory designening, stage designeing,... A whole lot of work for PU team.
3) How much would you acually play them?! Well, most of the trainers would probably nibble on first few ranks, but reare ones will go all the way to the super rank.

Face it, contests would probably be super-full the first few weeks, but after a while they would probably fall out, wich would be waste, thinking PU team would have to put a whole lot of work in them...
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Noctoli

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 08:36:26 AM »
personally i would definetly partispate in every rank with a set team built just for contest

also there are those who would do both story line and contest or just one or the other it would be up to them

but in the end it is up to the pu team if it is ever added to the game but im saying that im all for it
Darkrai is the Master Sandman no one can stay wake when he puts you asleep.

Offline Zyrow

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 07:39:58 AM »
Well, I think the main reason the contests in the games aren't like the ones in the anime is that, from a programmer's perspective, the creators of the game must predict every single combination of moves that a player would ever use. After inputting every single combination of moves, they would also need to prepare animations for them all. And I think we all agree that it wouldn't be any fun if we couldn't see what we just achieved.
Rock, Paper, Scizor is a  broken game. Bullet Punch is super effective against rock and paper.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »
Short Answer: Not the way you would liek contests
Long Answer: Due to the fact that Developers cant fully Predict what the User wants, Contests in games will always be less than anime-quality/style. Not to mention, it would take most likely months of coding to even get close...

So, maybe, just not to the extent that we want. Whether it will be better than any contest in games Thus far....We shall see.