* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Am I a good enough writer?  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Hiccup_Hero

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Am I a good enough writer?
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:47 PM »
Here is one of my Story's.

The City within a House
Munch winced as the blades of light punctured the great hole in the sky and cast his city into a radiance he hadn’t seen for twelve elf years. Gazing at it with awe, he dressed and left the room. On his balcony he looked over the city he loved and controlled, the city made for him by the Great Giants in the sky. Standing there below the slowly advancing light, he became aware of how little he knew of the outside world beyond his beautiful city. The world the Giants ruled. But he quickly discarded the thought; no one leaves or enters the city that was its one rule.
Captured by the city’s wondrous beauty, he forgot the time.
“Great Giants,” he gasped, “I’m almost an hour late!”
Grasping his brief case, he hopped down the stairs and raced out of his door. His driver waited impatiently outside.
“Did your alarm clock not go off this morning sir?” he asked grumpily. Without expecting an answer he said, “Hop in.”
Jumping into the car, he said “Geoffrey, why do you always have to be so grumpy? It’s the first time in 12 years that the light has hit our city! It’s a joyous occasion.”
Geoffrey didn’t say a word. Munch shrugged, he could tell he wasn’t going to make Geoffrey happy so he left the topic and signalled for Geoffrey to drive off.
They drove through the city’s suburbs, on its busy roads and past its towering flats. They were heading to the city centre for the Ritual. This was the first Ritual Munch was going to direct and it could also be his last. Pulling up towards the city centre, Munch saw the frustrated faces of others in charge. He was really late. Running up the steps to the podium, he glanced at the clock.  “Great Giants,” he mumbled as there were only a few minutes to go. He reached the top of the podium with just enough time.
“Welcome all to the great even-“
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, everyone looked up, the Ritual had begun. Staring upwards Munch saw the overwhelming shadow of a Giant. It grunted struggling with something over its head, with one large grunt it stopped struggling and a large shadow fell from the sky. The city was shrouded in darkness. Munch quivered.
“Oh sorry,” the giant mumbled and the city was light again.
Munch looked upon his people in the same way they looked upon him, with his mouth agape and completely unaware of what happened. There was a creaking sound and the sky parted in a long slender shape which the Giant then walked through. The Ritual was at an end. Along with Munch’s job as Mayor.   

POKEMON KNIGHTS!!!!

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
Re: Am I a good enough writer?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »
This is just an observation, i havent readed it but i will after this... shouldnt you have posted this in the Fan Fiction & Writing section?
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Hiccup_Hero

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
Yeah looks like it lol sorry didn't know we had one if those sorry :/
POKEMON KNIGHTS!!!!

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:44:25 PM »
thats ok, dont worry about it
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Hiccup_Hero

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »
So aqua what do you think?
POKEMON KNIGHTS!!!!

Offline Hiccup_Hero

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
The City Within A House
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »
Here is one of my Story's.

The City within a House
Munch winced as the blades of light punctured the great hole in the sky and cast his city into a radiance he hadn’t seen for twelve elf years. Gazing at it with awe, he dressed and left the room. On his balcony he looked over the city he loved and controlled, the city made for him by the Great Giants in the sky. Standing there below the slowly advancing light, he became aware of how little he knew of the outside world beyond his beautiful city. The world the Giants ruled. But he quickly discarded the thought; no one leaves or enters the city that was its one rule.
Captured by the city’s wondrous beauty, he forgot the time.
“Great Giants,” he gasped, “I’m almost an hour late!”
Grasping his brief case, he hopped down the stairs and raced out of his door. His driver waited impatiently outside.
“Did your alarm clock not go off this morning sir?” he asked grumpily. Without expecting an answer he said, “Hop in.”
Jumping into the car, he said “Geoffrey, why do you always have to be so grumpy? It’s the first time in 12 years that the light has hit our city! It’s a joyous occasion.”
Geoffrey didn’t say a word. Munch shrugged, he could tell he wasn’t going to make Geoffrey happy so he left the topic and signalled for Geoffrey to drive off.
They drove through the city’s suburbs, on its busy roads and past its towering flats. They were heading to the city centre for the Ritual. This was the first Ritual Munch was going to direct and it could also be his last. Pulling up towards the city centre, Munch saw the frustrated faces of others in charge. He was really late. Running up the steps to the podium, he glanced at the clock.  “Great Giants,” he mumbled as there were only a few minutes to go. He reached the top of the podium with just enough time.
“Welcome all to the great even-“
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, everyone looked up, the Ritual had begun. Staring upwards Munch saw the overwhelming shadow of a Giant. It grunted struggling with something over its head, with one large grunt it stopped struggling and a large shadow fell from the sky. The city was shrouded in darkness. Munch quivered.
“Oh sorry,” the giant mumbled and the city was light again.
Munch looked upon his people in the same way they looked upon him, with his mouth agape and completely unaware of what happened. There was a creaking sound and the sky parted in a long slender shape which the Giant then walked through. The Ritual was at an end. Along with Munch’s job as Mayor.   
POKEMON KNIGHTS!!!!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: The City Within A House
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »
Not bad, but you can still improve on. Well, there is the plot, only thing is that I'd like to hear more about it. Something I didn't get the opportunity to in your excerpt.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 02:54:06 AM »
Well since Aqua didn't respond, I will.

I thought it was great. The story was nice and it had an interesting end. The descriptive language was nice too.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
Oh... hmm, could someone merge this thread and that one?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
Done.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 05:51:19 PM »
Thanks! :)