* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: The new Pokeditor  (Read 39682 times)

Offline spartandc

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pokemon,Dragons,Mechs, Supersoldiers! MUHAHAHAHA
    • View Profile
Re: Expanding the map editor
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 08:00:57 pm »
hey i was wondering if i could possibly join the mapping team so i could help (i would post it where ever this should be posted so sorry for doing it here)

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 08:10:40 pm »
If you are as good as you say you are then you have to prove it with some of your work. No pics no proof.
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Jake101

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, let's go!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 08:21:32 pm »
This is one map I drew so at least look at it.

It's my first map ever! (I made it in 2009, so don't judge me.) :)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 07:49:48 pm »
Just a note, do not double post. Second, I'm not sure how you guys can make a map when we don't have the art for the maps. We accept members on a need base, if we don't need map editors, we will not be looking for them. What we do need are pixel artists.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jake101

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, let's go!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 07:51:27 pm »
Yeah, I got a warning for double posting, but thanks for reminding me!

Offline Pubbles

• Beginning Trainer
  • "A Severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »
If you are as good as you say you are then you have to prove it with some of your work. No pics no proof.

I went ahead and loaded some of the maps I made for my old MMO... These were made with direct intent, which should be obvious, but these were to replace old, plain maps that were used for judging contests... There were to be 10 total rooms, and each was going to be unique.

There is a "library", an "ice palace", a "heaven meets earth" and an "up in the sky" map... The board in the middle is where people would normally stand to judge, and would be free to roam around... There are tiles in each map that are "blocked" from walking, I can post a screen capture of that later...

The map program itself isn't complicated, but daunting because of the hundreds of options... I've used it for 8-9 years though, and have gotten pretty good at it. I've personally developed dozens of maps that have or had been used in the game itself, some still are being used today after years..

Regardless. To view the pictures you'll need to enter the password "mymaps" all lowercase.

http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u475/MnSpivey/Others/

And while I realize that I can link directly to each image, I think this is a more practical option, as you can see all four side by side.. I can likely find more maps I've made, even having changed PCs 4 or 5 times, I think I have most of them somewhere.
... ... ... Shh ... ... ... The walls have feet ... ... ...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 08:57:56 pm »
Again, it is need based. I made a post about it. What we need are pixel artists at the moment, because you can't make a map without the art for the maps.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2012, 09:03:53 pm »
Well.. I don't really know Pubbles... They are somewhat okay I guess, but there are some tile errors. I wouldn't know if it's actually a tile issue (missing tiles) or if that was the mapper's doing which made it that way.

And Jake, you seriously need to learn to read.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Pubbles

• Beginning Trainer
  • "A Severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 09:21:09 pm »
Well.. I don't really know Pubbles... They are somewhat okay I guess, but there are some tile errors. I wouldn't know if it's actually a tile issue (missing tiles) or if that was the mapper's doing which made it that way.

And Jake, you seriously need to learn to read.

Sadly it's the map editor's problem...

You'd think that after 16 years, they'd have a better map editor... However, as a "Game Moderator" I was only allowed access to a "somewhat updated" version of the original. There are a lot of silly things standing in the way of them upgrading them all the way, to include all past and present tiles, while updating them all.

Regardless, I only posted out of boredom and such. I made these years ago, and to be honest, don't recall if I spent much time on them. I never finished all 10, so they never were used in the game.

I can send you a copy of the editor if you'd like, but it might make you faint with how out of date and poorly designed it is... =p
... ... ... Shh ... ... ... The walls have feet ... ... ...

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 09:39:33 pm »
Uhh, no thanks! ^^;

And I have a story to finish by next week and some art for PU I really need to work on and by then, it'll probably be time to start on studies again :(
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Zatir

• PU Developer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 11:56:01 pm »
As said a few times before, we need tiles first before we can start mapping. The mapping is going to start from scratch and Kamaran is going to do that first. At a later stage he will need more mappers, but not yet. Offcourse there will open a new job application for mapper when someone is needed.

And I surely must say, the map-editor is not fully functional, it is working with a few bugs and some tools arent working yet. I have a busy few weeks now, from 10th of july I'll have more time to work on the editor. Now it's also time for the pixel artists to create the tiles, which is going by far better than ever before! Keep up the good work!
Zatir - PU developer
Current project: Creating the Pokéditor