* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Cortex J's Nuzlocke Challenge  (Read 24564 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex J's Nuzlocke Challenge
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 01:12:07 AM »
You can look for the one you want, but you can only catch one. failing a catch still goes under the Nuzlocke rule, it will still count as your one catch. So, as long as you do not throw a pokeball, you can look for the poke you want. Running out will count as that catch attempt.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
Again....I just wanted him to clarify.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2012, 02:03:05 AM »
Question about rule 2: It say's I can only use pokemon centers if I run out of PP, does that count only If I completly run out of PP for attack moves or from all moves? I just want to clarify so I wont mess up later. Oh, and here's what I have so far.

-Started off with choosing a Torchic, named it Nano.

-Beat the living crap out of Rival.

-Caught a lvl 4 Poochyena, named it Rufus.

-Put Rufus in DEAD box. (R.I.P., Rufus. lvl 4 - lvl 4)

-Witnessed Walley catching his first pokemon.

-Went through Petalburg Forest, and caught a Marril, Lvl 4, on route 104, named it Harrison. (Forgot whcih route, will check later.)

-Went back to Petalburg Forest and caught a Slackoth, Lvl 5, Named it Loafer.

-Currently training for gym battle.

Current Team:

Nano(Torchic) Lvl 16
Harrison(Marril) Lvl 9
Loafer(Slackoth) Lvl 7
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:10:28 AM by Lugiafan96 »
. . .

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2012, 02:07:07 AM »
You have to run out for all moves, and I think you caught two pokemon from the same area from what I'm reading. That breaks rule one. Once you catch one from an area, you can;t catch anymore from that area.

Also, if you're in a place where you know a legend is, catching a pokemon in that place before the legend will count as your one capture, and you will have to just beat the legend. In some games, you can rebattle the legends after you beat the elite 4 once.

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2012, 02:12:39 AM »
No, I didn't catch them in the same area. I caught Slackoth in Petalburg Forest, and I caught Marril on route 104, I just checked. And what's this about a legend? Anyway, thanks for clarifying that for me.
. . .

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2012, 02:16:42 AM »
Well, you can;t use a legend on your team, but you can still catch them, and bank them. Banking a pokemon is not the same as placing one in dead, it just ensures you have a backup in case you lose one of your three.

Note on the revival rule, you can only use it on a pokemon that is dead in your party. The dead pokemon still counts as one of your three pokemon in the party.

Offline BlazingApollo

• Beginning Trainer
  • (-__-")
    • View Profile
    • BlazingApollo's Blog (In Indonesian)
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2012, 09:56:27 AM »
http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh519/BlazingApollo/Cortex%20Nuzlocke%20Challenge/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ20

Name: GAP
Starter Pokemon: Torchic (Advantura)
Progress So Far: Obtaining the first gym badge

Let me know if the link is working or not.

Final Examination is coming faster than I thought D:

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2012, 12:36:27 PM »
You would really watch hours of grinding Cortex? ???
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »
At 300% speed, yes. Besides, it will be of the game roloc is playing, which I am guessing is one of the R/S/E versions.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 12:44:19 PM »
Lol okay ::)

I know I wouldn't have the courage to do that :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:25 PM »
*Starts new save on Emerald (Emulator mode, of course)*

Not sure when I'll start, but I'll do. this sounds fun :D

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012, 06:42:17 AM »
I think I may try this out only I think I may change some of these rules a bit.

Rules I'll follow:

1.You must catch the first pokemon you see in an area.  If it faints or you have to run, you may not catch a pokemon from that area.  Move on and cry about your failure. (Routes, caves, forests, buildings.  Basically any new area you've yet to explore.).  Also, you may receive pokemon as gifts from NPCs but, you may not make any trades with them.

2. You may use Pokémon centers and items to heal, no buying items though.

3. Once you've started a route, cave, forest, anything.  You must finish it.  No turning back to heal.

4. If a Pokémon faints, you must release it.  It's dead, get over it.

5. Pokemon must evolve when they can, no saving for a certain move.  Also if you find a stone/item to evolve a pokemon of yours, you must use it.  (Exception if you must trade a pokemon to evolve it.  Unless you have someone to trade with.)

6. Six pokemon are allowed to be owned at one time.  If you own six, no more may be caught.  A pokemon that faints is dead, and must be released

7. At each market, you can only buy 10 of any Pokéball at a time. This means, if a store has poke, great and ultra, you can only have 10 in total. Any Pokéballs found in the field are fair game, and do not count towards the total.

8. You may only purchase full restores before starting the elite 4, but you may only have a total of 10.

9. The item max revive can only be used to revive a "dead" Pokémon on your team.  Dead pokemon are dead.

10. You may use healing items you find in battle, no held items.  (Exception for Elite 4 battles.)

11. You can't use TMs at all. You may use HMs, as they are necessary for the story.

12. You can't use a legendary Pokémon. That is a no-no for this challenge.  (Seriously, legends are for pansies anyway.)

13. All pokemon must have nick-names.  It makes you closer to them.  So don't let them die.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:08:27 AM by Bing »

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »
Bing, If your taking Cortex's challenge, then you cant change the rules. However you CAN add rules to make it more challenging for yourself.
. . .

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2012, 03:00:23 PM »
I think I may try this out only I think I may change some of these rules a bit.

Rules I'll follow:

1.You must catch the first pokemon you see in an area.  If it faints or you have to run, you may not catch a pokemon from that area.  Move on and cry about your failure. (Routes, caves, forests, buildings.  Basically any new area you've yet to explore.).  Also, you may receive pokemon as gifts from NPCs but, you may not make any trades with them.

2. You may use Pokémon centers and items to heal, no buying items though.

3. Once you've started a route, cave, forest, anything.  You must finish it.  No turning back to heal.

4. If a Pokémon faints, you must release it.  It's dead, get over it.

5. Pokemon must evolve when they can, no saving for a certain move.  Also if you find a stone/item to evolve a pokemon of yours, you must use it.  (Exception if you must trade a pokemon to evolve it.  Unless you have someone to trade with.)

6. Six pokemon are allowed to be owned at one time.  If you own six, no more may be caught.  A pokemon that faints is dead, and must be released

7. At each market, you can only buy 10 of any Pokéball at a time. This means, if a store has poke, great and ultra, you can only have 10 in total. Any Pokéballs found in the field are fair game, and do not count towards the total.

8. You may only purchase full restores before starting the elite 4, but you may only have a total of 10.

9. The item max revive can only be used to revive a "dead" Pokémon on your team.  Dead pokemon are dead.

10. You may use healing items you find in battle, no held items.  (Exception for Elite 4 battles.)

11. You can't use TMs at all. You may use HMs, as they are necessary for the story.

12. You can't use a legendary Pokémon. That is a no-no for this challenge.  (Seriously, legends are for pansies anyway.)

13. All pokemon must have nick-names.  It makes you closer to them.  So don't let them die.

honestly, this its AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALOT easyer than Cortex rules, and i mean it, its like 10 times easyer, only the rules 2, 5, 6 and 8 that you putted make the challange 10 times more easy, if i had to choose, i would still go with cortex rules
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2012, 03:55:03 PM »
Yeah Bing, those are the regular Nuzlocke rules you placed, except for the nickname one. But you can play by those rules, if you want to go the pansy route. Or you can try the ones I added/tweaked to see how well you can fair.

I also found a small loop-hole in the rules. The pc can heal pokemon by simply moving them in and back out. I'm sure one of you have discovered this rule, so you will not be penalized for abusing the loophole if you have, but for future reference, it does count as healing with nurse joy. To put it planely, using the pc to heal is not allowed. When everyone is done with this challenge, I want you guys to provide feedback.

1.What was the difficult part of this challenge?

2. What was too easy on here?

3. Did you find a way to get around the rules without breaking them?

4. What rule would you change? Why?

5. Did you have fun, or was it like pulling teeth?

Your choice to fill out the questionnaire when you finish. This will provide me with data to come up with something more difficult. I may put up a breeder challenge sometime in the future, for those that like to breed pokemon.