* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Experience from other players?  (Read 6920 times)

Offline akern47

• New Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
Experience from other players?
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:02:23 am »
I am wondering if battling other players will give your pokemon experience? cuz i know in some other poke games thats a no.
Also, on a side note, i think it would be awesome to be able to bet money on a battle with someone.

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Experience from other players?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:10:49 am »
As far as i know of, and please dont quote me n this because i might be wrong, you will get experience from winning battles against other people, you will also get money for winning i think, which may mean you lose money for losing although i dont know. Good luck in finding the answers you want.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:26:28 pm »
Well, in the pre-Beta which was waaaaaaaaaaay back, you could gain exp from other player's pokemon. However, I wasn't a big fan of this as it could easily be manipulated into power levelling pokemon. I can also not really see a way around this other than simply not giving exp during PvP battles.

Offline Vaderico

• Beginning Trainer
  • thAt's all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:23:19 pm »
Eventually there will be official Arena battles, where you enter and not get to choose who you fight.
If PvP was to ever reward money, I would say that it would be through this system. However, I doubt that the losing player would have money taken away from them, as it would be a major deterrent from using the PvP arena all together.
Hope this helps.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:32:11 am »
My opinion would be to have no pokemon Exp from PvP, but rather trainer Exp. As for tournaments, I'd say the same.

For money, I would say, have it as an option. The challenger picks whether to involve prize money (which would be calculated by the trainer levels) and the other trainer will accept of refuse. If no money is put at stake, then fine, there should be no problem.

Lastly, for tournaments, maybe depending on the nature of the tournament, some might be free of entry while others might involve an entrance fee.

That way, this would encourage people to challenge, while those being challenged can 'stay safe' if they're not confident enough. And I think that you should get trainer Exp from PvP, at least, it should be more than NPC battles (if not equal) and more than wild pokemon battles (if ever those two give trainer Exp).
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 12:10:52 pm »
My opinion would be to have no pokemon Exp from PvP, but rather trainer Exp. As for tournaments, I'd say the same.

For money, I would say, have it as an option. The challenger picks whether to involve prize money (which would be calculated by the trainer levels) and the other trainer will accept of refuse. If no money is put at stake, then fine, there should be no problem.

Lastly, for tournaments, maybe depending on the nature of the tournament, some might be free of entry while others might involve an entrance fee.

That way, this would encourage people to challenge, while those being challenged can 'stay safe' if they're not confident enough. And I think that you should get trainer Exp from PvP, at least, it should be more than NPC battles (if not equal) and more than wild pokemon battles (if ever those two give trainer Exp).

Well said Jerry, that's exactly what I was thinking. Giving experience to Pokémon from Player battles would just allow people to farm up experience by staying in one place and challenging others, and that would probably ruin the traditional "shuffling in tall grass". On the other hand, having Trainer experience will grant some sort of reward even if someone doesn't choose to battle for money but it wouldn't give a player another option other than roaming the world, which is what a Pokémon game is about in my opinion.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!