* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 540534 times)

zylonnick

Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2012, 12:18:38 pm »
I think, based on strengths and weaknesses Normal is pretty equal to Electric. 1 weakness, may not be able to cover weakness (Magnetize), but can't be hit by Ghost moves, and Norms get Giga Impact/ Hyper Beam. Best Electric move (for more than 1 Poke/non-LE) is what, like Zap Cannon?

100% accurate 120 BP STAB Thunder is one of it's assets ;) They have acces to Pokémon like Emolga (who is ptretty good at countering ground types nowadays), Eelektros (which is prety good without any weakness), Raichu (which has a HUGE movepool), Compound Eyes Galvantula and Rotom (epicsauce). On the physical side things like Manectric, Electivire, and (again) Eelektros are lurking around. A bad type? think twice.

Normal type on the other hand has a massive movepool, but a lack of fast special sweepers (this actually gives me a balancing idea) and good physical walls (Pidgeot does well on both sides, but that's just 1 pokémon). Physical sweepers and pecial walls are everywhere though, and the same goes for not so traditional movesets (Kecleon, Smeargle,Castform, Ditto...).

The weakness to fighting is less easy to overcome, since Mach Punches and fighting moves are everywhere nowadays.

Plus, with normal types you have acces to a major trolling team (Spinda, Ratata, Smeargle, Bibarel, Farfetch'd, Chatot, Togehax, and Blissey). ;) Also, who actually uses Hyper Beam?

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2012, 12:48:35 pm »
I think, based on strengths and weaknesses Normal is pretty equal to Electric. 1 weakness, may not be able to cover weakness (Magnetize), but can't be hit by Ghost moves, and Norms get Giga Impact/ Hyper Beam. Best Electric move (for more than 1 Poke/non-LE) is what, like Zap Cannon?

100% accurate 120 BP STAB Thunder is one of it's assets ;) They have acces to Pokémon like Emolga (who is ptretty good at countering ground types nowadays), Eelektros (which is prety good without any weakness), Raichu (which has a HUGE movepool), Compound Eyes Galvantula and Rotom (epicsauce). On the physical side things like Manectric, Electivire, and (again) Eelektros are lurking around. A bad type? think twice.

Normal type on the other hand has a massive movepool, but a lack of fast special sweepers (this actually gives me a balancing idea) and good physical walls (Pidgeot does well on both sides, but that's just 1 pokémon). Physical sweepers and pecial walls are everywhere though, and the same goes for not so traditional movesets (Kecleon, Smeargle,Castform, Ditto...).

The weakness to fighting is less easy to overcome, since Mach Punches and fighting moves are everywhere nowadays.

Plus, with normal types you have acces to a major trolling team (Spinda, Ratata, Smeargle, Bibarel, Farfetch'd, Chatot, Togehax, and Blissey). ;) Also, who actually uses Hyper Beam?

Although the lack of Sp.Atk Normal types is true, I never said Electric was a bad type... I just said I think in general with moves and such, they are of equalness.

Is there even a bad type available? I think so. And that type is Poison. Mainly b/c it is strong against only Grass, weak to 2 types, and the variety of moves...well, the names don't all need to be like Poison "This", nor always do Poison status.

I mean, based on life, poisons can paralyze, instant death, confusion/hysteria, numbness, etc.

Poison OHKO move shoulda been here long ago methinks...

oh...and who uses Hyper Beam? Arceus without a plate, that's who! lol
(that and I keep it on Porygon-Z)
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

zylonnick

« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2012, 01:19:03 pm »
Poison is a pretty good defensive type and it has acces to alot of good pokemon like Gengar, Drapion, Nidoking and -queen, Weezing, Crobat, ScolipedeVenusaur, Toxicroak and Muk (I'm speaking of the PU balanced pokemon). That's just to name a few. They have access to alot of status moves and can deal consistant damage troughout the battle. When they can prolong the battle, it's technically game over for the opponent due to inflicted status moves.
Poison sure is viable, it's just underrated.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2012, 03:54:07 pm »

Especially in PU :D
I love my Poison mono team. Just being able to widdle down my opponent slowly over time is so much fun. :)
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

zylonnick

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »

Especially in PU :D
I love my Poison mono team. Just being able to widdle down my opponent slowly over time is so much fun. :)

What pokémon do you use?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2012, 04:45:43 pm »
The conversation is so heated that Ponge is losing his letters here and there :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2012, 06:39:01 pm »
Gengar, Drapion, Nidoking  Weezing, Crobat, Scolipede, Venusaur, Toxicroak, Muk

I use a mix of all these. I switch back and forth between them.

I still have to give these a try:
Victreebel
Beedrill
Nidoqueen
Venomoth
Ariados
Qwilfish
Skuntank

On another note

Congo rats to Mr Fox for his 2-0 victory against Ponge for the title of Fight Elite!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:54:08 pm by Roloc »
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

zylonnick

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2012, 08:21:58 pm »
Could you change my type to Water?

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2012, 08:24:46 pm »
Yes sir I can.

It's been changed :D
Damage Calculator

zylonnick

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2012, 08:28:09 pm »
That was quick...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2012, 08:33:08 pm »
Haha
Thats how I like to roll as guild leader. I make it fast with the changes XD
I'm always watching O.O
Damage Calculator

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2012, 12:15:19 am »
You know, I never did understand why like Gengar was part Poison. In the original 151, I don't think they learned any Poison moves that and even though Ghost > Psychic there weren't any real Ghost type moves to use, and Alakazams ended up knocking them out.

Don't get me wrong about the Poison type, i love it and all... it just saddens me it's not as much use as it could be.

Toxicroak is one of my favorites, as are Muk and Crobat.

(my team of favorites includes Toxicroak, Volcarona, Galvantula, Typhlosion, Crobat, Stunfisk)
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2012, 01:35:49 am »
You know, I never did understand why like Gengar was part Poison. In the original 151, I don't think they learned any Poison moves that and even though Ghost > Psychic there weren't any real Ghost type moves to use, and Alakazams ended up knocking them out.

Don't get me wrong about the Poison type, i love it and all... it just saddens me it's not as much use as it could be.

Toxicroak is one of my favorites, as are Muk and Crobat.

(my team of favorites includes Toxicroak, Volcarona, Galvantula, Typhlosion, Crobat, Stunfisk)

Ok, yes, poison types sucked at first, but that was when pokemon was just starting. Now, there are tons of type combinations, more moves to choose from, and better poison types in general. Dark poison types like Skuntank and Drapion are not affected by psychic, and gengar can levitate, making ground type moves just fail. Poison types may not be used so much, but they are fun to play with, and when you do, you get a hell of a laugh watching your opponent struggle with the many status effects and heavy hitters you can bring to the table.

Don't just look at the main type, look at the type combos and check the moves and abilities, plus the stats before saying something isn't that useful.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2012, 01:45:27 am »
Well, I'm talking about Poison type in a generalization, through the ages. Currently more can be done with it that is true, but it still is the underdog of types, when thinking about Poison by itself.

Opposite end of thr spectrum i think is Dragon. Resilient to the "elemental" types (AKA fire,water,electric,grass) and their stats are pretty high. Most are 'late-bloomer' evolutions ehich supposed to be a drawback, but with B/W, the xp system says otherwise.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2012, 01:49:47 am »
Well, I'm talking about Poison type in a generalization, through the ages. Currently more can be done with it that is true, but it still is the underdog of types, when thinking about Poison by itself.

Opposite end of thr spectrum i think is Dragon. Resilient to the "elemental" types (AKA fire,water,electric,grass) and their stats are pretty high. Most are 'late-bloomer' evolutions ehich supposed to be a drawback, but with B/W, the xp system says otherwise.
Again, missing the point here. No one is talking about the B/W games here. They are talking about PU. I know you cant get onto PO, but trust us when we say that some pokes are fun to use now, like Vileplume, Arbok, Gengar, and mroe poison types. A lot of the dragon types got a nerf for PU. Go read the completed reports to get a sense of what we're talking about. They are found in the balance testing board, and titled "Completed reports." Go read some before making another generalization.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:52:25 am by Cortex J. »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword