* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 539310 times)

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #975 on: November 08, 2013, 04:01:28 am »
I'm terrified because I plan on becoming fairy because its fun. But. But. NOAH.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 08, 2013, 04:26:37 am »
Seems like you'll have the same problems with Noah that I had with Wednesday.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 08, 2013, 04:37:01 am »
See, Wednesday is good. Noah is too, but he's been here 5ever. So he will know even more about strats ;A;
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 08, 2013, 05:55:24 am »
A small update on the upcoming guild event: it will be Christmas themed and take place in December on PO. I'm open to any further suggestions or ideas.

And speaking of competition, I don't really have much for my type in the guild, but outside, Xetroc is pretty good.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 08, 2013, 06:15:08 am »
Well you can work on over coming your weakness.

Back when I first started mono bug, I had a friend of mine make a team specifically made to kill mine. Not just rock/fire/flying mind you. IT had things specific for killing my team.
I battled it over and over finding the weaknesses in my team. After I was able to hold my own against that team I had him make another one. Rinse and repeat.

It lets you learn holes in your team. Such as "Holy crap, this single poke can sweep my whole team and I can't stop it". But do note that you can't go full on counter to what your type is weak to. It'll just cause you to be weak to other things.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 08, 2013, 06:31:53 am »
Sounds like a good idea. Also, to everyone, after talking to Roloc, I have the guild event worked out in greater detail. Called The Twelve Days of Christmas Circuit, it will take place around Christmas time. The specific dates are not yet confirmed, but I'll keep everyone updated. While this won't be the case for all guild events, anyone can enter this event, regardless of what guild they're in, if any at all. The only current requirement is that you have access to the PU server on Pokemon Online. More details to come soon. Feel free to begin signing up now, just ask to do so here!

EDIT: The contest dates are from December 22-23, and then it will continue on December 26-January 2. More specific details on the rules may possibly come this weekend. Please note that you do not have to be present for all of the days of the event.

ANOTHER EDIT: I'll just post some of the official rules and info now, in order to give you all a better clue as to what the event is, and so that way you can also more easily decide on joining. Roloc will have the following info posted on the guild home page as well for easy access:

The Twelve Days of Christmas Circuit

Rules:
This special, Christmas-themed battle competition event, hosted by the Elemental Elites, will take place on the PU server in Pokemon Online, and is open to everyone who has an account on Pokemon Universe, regardless of what guild you're in (or your lack of being in one). In this event, which spans over multiple days, you will battle against other participants in a number of battles, of which there will be a minimum (but no max). The winners will be determined by their win ratio, or their number wins divided by their number of losses. Each participant will used a single, Christmas-themed team that must be created under specific guidelines. You will have to choose from a limited number of pokemon that represent some aspect of Christmas, and to even further increase the difficulty, there will be restrictions placed on nearly each pokemon, whether it be movesets, abilities, or items. In addition to that, some of the pokemon allowed can only be used when other specific pokemon are on your team, and there are even some others that cannot be used together. The event will take place over two phases. During the first phase, which takes place on December 20-23, participants will be allowed to create and test their teams using the guidelines given. Battles using these teams during these four days will not count for or against you in the event, as they are purely for testing and team construction. The second phase then takes place from December 26-January 2, and once this phase begins, you may not alter or change your event team in any way, shape, or form. All battles will count for your "record" during this phase, but only if both participants are using their Christmas themed team. A few participants will also be named as judges, and at least one judge must spectate a match for it to count, but a judge is not allowed to spectate their own match. If you are discovered to be cheating, you will be kicked from the event, and the opponent(s) that you have cheated against, if you beat them, will have those losses automatically converted into wins. The winners will be recognized on the guild home page.

Pokemon Allowed:
Details Coming Soon

Participants:
Roloc
Xetroc
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:19:41 pm by foodonfloor »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 08, 2013, 04:49:16 pm »
Hmm, I'm in. I already see a few pokes: Delibird, Stantler, Sawsbuck (Winter), Chimecho (Silver bells anyone?), Houndoom (Maybe, since he represents the opposite of christmas, not just because of my preference to him), Electrivire (Lights), Sudowoodo (Because he's a tree), shiftry (Also a tree), Trevanant (TREE, TREE, TREE), Carbink, Clefable (Fairy, elf, fairy elf warrior mohawk). That's all I can think of.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:32:48 pm by Xetroc »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 08, 2013, 05:23:53 pm »
Updated the participant list in the previous post. Not sure if I'll participate yet, being that I'm overseeing the entire event. I also already have a pretty good idea of what pokemon will be allowed, but there is one on your list that I have not put in yet and I may consider, but I can't tell you which one yet.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 08, 2013, 06:40:53 pm »
I will try to participate. I just need to try to get the simulator to work, and figure out a christmas themed party.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 08, 2013, 07:36:19 pm »
You don't have to figure out your team until foodonfloor has told us which pokemon we can use. Which will be all kinds of fun. Making a working/viable strategy from a limited amount of pokemon that are Christmas themed.

Also the first post has been updated with a quote from foodonfloor.

New note on PU update:
The next release of PO should be fairly soon. After that I will get started on updating our balance server and then the balance team can start testing and balancing all the new pokes as well as some old ones.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 09, 2013, 12:35:01 am »
Roloc, any ideas on how to deal with Scizor on my team? You helped me make the whole thing, so you know it as well as I do, if not better.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 09, 2013, 02:46:42 am »
Well, your problem doesn't seem to just lie with Scizor. It seems that any fast or priority steel pokemon gives you quite the problem. Cause If I remember correctly, my metagross also swept you with bullet punch as long as I retreated metagross whenever you sent out mamoswine.

I think it's safe to say you need a few steel killers. For 1, HP fire will kill scizor all day every day. But, it won't work quite that easy for the others. Mamo comes in handy with stab EQ for most steel types, but if they have priority or are faster, mamo is screwed. Perhaps you need to run HP fire on Dewgong.

Dewgong (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Frost Breath
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

It's just like the other set but gives up the utility of roar for HP fire. Dewgong can take a steel attack and laugh at it. Get a calm mind or 2 if you can then hit back with HP fire. In the case of scizor, just toss out the HP fire unboosted and it's toast. Every time.

You have brick break on weavile and EQ on mamoswine. those two with HP fire on dewgong, you should be fairly safe from steel types.
Damage Calculator

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 10, 2013, 12:24:02 am »
Update on contest. BTW, Miss Wednesday said she'd join over PO:

Pokemon Allowed

3 Wisemen/3 Kings: Slowking, Empoleon,and Jellicent. If any of them is used on a team, the other two must be used as well. Each of these pokemon must hold one of the following items, and no two can hold the same item: Gold Nugget, Lax Incense, Miracle Berry

Participants
Roloc
Xetroc
Chad29
Miss Wednesday
Humen
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:10:05 am by foodonfloor »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 10, 2013, 12:41:16 am »
We three kings of Orient are
Bearing gifts, we traverse afar
Field and fountain, moor and mountain
Following yonder star

Maybe throw a Starmie in that group. Starmie must lead before those three.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:42:48 am by Chad29 »

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 10, 2013, 01:05:24 am »
If i use a delibird would i have to include a stantler
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.