* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 39406 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Development Update
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 04:21:17 pm »
All those pressing people reminds me of what happened with Sonic 2006. It was supposed to be an epic game. But the fanboys demanded an earlier release and they ACTUALLY listened to them and quickly rushed the game to finish it a year before the actual releasedate. It became all glitchy because they didn't really had the time to fix and test.

That game makes me sad. So much clipping, so much glitching. I move very slowly, and sonic flies off in a direction for no reason, killing me. Why did my dad have to buy it, and not something awesome?
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 05:32:54 pm »
I'm not even sure what you mean by that sentence... ???
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 05:39:53 pm »
In that sonic game, there are instances where the controls get really sensitive. I barely move left, and he flies clear across the map, falling off a ledge. There are also points where sonic gets embedded into a wall, and there is no way to get him out, and the homing attack will not kill, but cause me damage instead. There are so many problems with the game, all because the developers listened to a bunch of fans who got impatient.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 09:04:24 pm »
All those pressing people reminds me of what happened with Sonic 2006. It was supposed to be an epic game. But the fanboys demanded an earlier release and they ACTUALLY listened to them and quickly rushed the game to finish it a year before the actual releasedate. It became all glitchy because they didn't really had the time to fix and test.

Wait. isn't that the one where Silver the Hedgehog was introduced?
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 09:12:24 pm »

SO THATS WHY THEY ALL HATED IT! I still think it wasn't a "bad" game persay, just not the best game. and think what it would have been if they had waited a year...
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 09:44:28 pm »
Did not like that game. And, I don't think that's where Silver was introduced. I think it was like...Sonic Heroes or something. I don't think it's EVER a good idea to really listen to the fans. MAKE them wait, if they get too impatient.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:39 pm »
Personally, I loved that game, but hey, haters gonna hate.
Anyways, back on topic. My laptop is now fixed, so hopefully you should be expecting some NPC coding updates! Woop!

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 11:48:54 pm »
YAY :D
It's good to hear that!
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline pokemi

• Beginning Trainer
  • waaaassssuuuuup
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 03:13:45 pm »

I totally agree with you here, but that game was a fully rendered(supposed to) 3d world while this is a 2d overhead view.

i also noticed a couple of people saying to hurry up and went into their profile and they made an acount less than a week ago such as
>:(   :(  :'(   hurry up p.s are you going to put the game boy classic Pokemon games like Pokemon Leaf Green Version as a part of the universe     
and some one ( i will get name later) said that they have been waiting for 2 months, that is not as much as i had to wait 3 years, sorry if it sounded like braging but i noticed the PU team only has 3-4 people making the main contribution, no ofence to the rest of the crew, by now this is a wall of text so i will end here.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »
Some people actually wait a long time while they don't make an account yet. They just check the site once in a while. Like some people, and after a while they end up creating a forum account anyway. :P

Besides, it's true the diffrence is 3D and 2D, but that doesn't mean the 2D game can't have bugs. I've been on another Pokémon MMO site before this one, and there, pokémon sometimes bugged and transformed into ones you've just caught. So many times I had to start my account all over because the game transformed my starter pokémon, which I trained to level 30, into a Mareep level 5. I say this was quite a mayor scripting error and is very annoying since the starter I chose was not available anywhere ingame.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 06:43:43 pm »
Some people actually wait a long time while they don't make an account yet. They just check the site once in a while. Like some people, and after a while they end up creating a forum account anyway. :P

Besides, it's true the diffrence is 3D and 2D, but that doesn't mean the 2D game can't have bugs. I've been on another Pokémon MMO site before this one, and there, pokémon sometimes bugged and transformed into ones you've just caught. So many times I had to start my account all over because the game transformed my starter pokémon, which I trained to level 30, into a Mareep level 5. I say this was quite a mayor scripting error and is very annoying since the starter I chose was not available anywhere ingame.

Heaven forbid the starter evolves into something like a Metapod or worse...

I played some retarded Pokemon MMO that had like Mudkip, Shadow Mudkip, Ghost Mudkip, Shiny Mudkip, Metal Mudkip... etc as the Pokemon's names, and all they did was like coloring in purple, or making the picture transparent. Moves like Leech Seed, meaning status moves? Yeah... those did damage like Razor Leaf instead, with a chance effect. Oh... did I mention that you get a Lv.5 starting Pokemon, and the area you can catch others in they range from 5-35 at random? (NOT pretty at all)
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »
Let me guess... Pokemon Crater?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 06:49:54 pm »
It was so terrible i can't even remember it's name. Though it felt like maybe an hour's work was thrown into that game
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 07:20:10 pm »
Pokemon Crater, Pokemon Indigo, there are SO many carbon-copies of that same game, it's ridiculous. The only real difference between the games are the GUI, if you could call it that; and the different areas, which only varied slightly it seemed.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 07:40:15 pm »
i noticed the PU team only has 3-4 people making the main contribution, no ofence to the rest of the crew.

Well, everyone that is on the team is making a large part of the contribution. There are some things you guys can't see.

Mr. Dark and Urmel have been working hard on the program, Zatir is doing a side project to help Kamaran, declan and I have been working on NPC's, and concepts for the game, Yuki and Bryan are hard at work on pixeling, and the entire balance team is balancing the pokemon and moves, Overall, that is pretty much everyone doing their part to make this game. we can't show you everything though, but I assure you, we're all working hard, just not as hard as some would like (mostly because we have our own lives to get to as well).