* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 39668 times)

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
Re: Development Update
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »
Pokemon Crater, Pokemon Indigo, there are SO many carbon-copies of that same game, it's ridiculous. The only real difference between the games are the GUI, if you could call it that; and the different areas, which only varied slightly it seemed.

the only thing i see messed up with unova RPG (pokemon indigo) is the moves and lag.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline pokemi

• Beginning Trainer
  • waaaassssuuuuup
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »
i noticed the PU team only has 3-4 people making the main contribution, no ofence to the rest of the crew.

Well, everyone that is on the team is making a large part of the contribution. There are some things you guys can't see.

Mr. Dark and Urmel have been working hard on the program, Zatir is doing a side project to help Kamaran, declan and I have been working on NPC's, and concepts for the game, Yuki and Bryan are hard at work on pixeling, and the entire balance team is balancing the pokemon and moves, Overall, that is pretty much everyone doing their part to make this game. we can't show you everything though, but I assure you, we're all working hard, just not as hard as some would like (mostly because we have our own lives to get to as well).

I know the PU team is doing their best but can u show us a screen shot or something of the game? the last SC was like 2 or so years ago, maybe somthing like a pokemon using a move like surf or something? Just asking. :)

Also, last year for my year 9 2nd semester it project, we were meant to make a game, from the options of overhead, sidescroller etc. and i chose the overhead,i worked for like every second i could on it i c made up to 10 levels, with a title screen, good character animation, mob animation, i didnt want to add a weapon because it was a stratagy game, i did find this glitch that even though you stay still the character is walking in place, lol. and me and my friends were working on a side project on making a pokemon game we were making new 150 pokemon, we managed to make  the fire(first form is lion with flame mane) and grass(bird with leaf like feathers, and berry on the head) starters and work on the water(bowling pin). as well as a few others, but the project was scraped. :'(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:07:59 PM by pokemi »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 04:11:40 PM »
So, you want a screenshot of the game when this thread says clearly that we need art for the maps and npc's, which is vital for a screenshot to happen. If you can't trust us when we say this is what we need, how about helping us out by finding a pixel artist, or submitting art if you know how to pixel, instead of telling us to show a screenshot.

That is very insulting, and if you can't be patient like the active members here, then I suggest you go play a pokemon mmo that is "completed," which most likely, uses art from the games and every other person has a legendary.

All of us said this, we need art. No art, no game, no screenshots. That is kind of how it works. I apologize for sounding like a jerk, but seriously, think before you post.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »
 I agree with Cortex, and also, there was a demand for screenshots a few months back as well:

"you get one and you feel happy yes"? This is the same screenshot as the one posted in the other thread. You can turn your energy of asking for a screenshot into the energy of searching for a screenshot, and you might find a cake! Aside from that please be patient and look forward to the release of the game like the rest of us. :)
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »
Note that above image is not a real screenshot but a mock-up for our battle interface. :) Although, in the end it will probably be like this in-game.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline pokemi

• Beginning Trainer
  • waaaassssuuuuup
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
i realy am sorry but i didnt realize that, and when you said i insulted you i am sorry i didnt realize that :-[
and i was simplly asking...

this is unimportant but the REASON i THOUGHT you could take a pic is because a couple of years ago you started closed beta, i think just before i signed up or before i came back to check on the progress :-\.
so i THOUGHT it wouldn't be a problem, but i guess it is
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:51:46 PM by pokemi »

Offline Gengepi

• New Trainer
  • I love my pokemon *SHINY*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
So urm... what exactly can i do on pokemon universe? ???

P.S: be nice to me! im new :)

JerryEdit: Posts merged.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:57:29 PM by Jerry »
gengepi:)

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
As soon as I get some more tiles down, I'll put up a few mock-ups. Here's an old one, same tiles we'll be using.

Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney
Check out the link above, for art updates on Pokemon Universe!

Contacts:
Email - [email protected]
Skype - Mashaney

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
So urm... what exactly can i do on pokemon universe? ???

P.S: be nice to me! im new :)

Being new doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

Just read well the rules, inform yourself through the various FAQs, information pages and the search bar before posting and asking about things.

pokemi, the thing is that, a lot of things were restarted back to square one since the last pre-beta. There's the code and the art which fall mainly in that category.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
As soon as I get some more tiles down, I'll put up a few mock-ups. Here's an old one, same tiles we'll be using.

This looks really good! Kinda reminds me of A Link to the Past. Keep up the great work!

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:20 PM »
Haha, i like how with the mock-up battle screenshot there's a level 100 cyndaquil, that only knows three moves, versing a level 2 onix.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:12:13 PM by Arctus »

Offline pokemi

• Beginning Trainer
  • waaaassssuuuuup
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2012, 02:39:18 AM »

it does look pretty good, but that crate gives me the impression you can use strength on it

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2012, 04:16:46 AM »
Right now were trying to get environment things done first. Then buildings, then I'll be posting a lot more mock-ups. Then Kam will be making actual levels for Pokemon Universe. It's still coming together, just slowly. I'm a 24 year old male that has a life, and this is a hobby. As they've stated before, we need a few more skilled pixel artists that can match the current art style.
Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney
Check out the link above, for art updates on Pokemon Universe!

Contacts:
Email - [email protected]
Skype - Mashaney

Offline MKNancy

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
wow i'm amazed! this looks great! question reguarding the battle interface though for the "lv." would it look nicer with "Lv." instead of "lv."?

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »
Note that above image is not a real screenshot but a mock-up for our battle interface. :) Although, in the end it will probably be like this in-game.

It was just a mock-up as Mr_Dark has stated, so what you see on the screenshot is not set in stone. And yes I believe "Lv." will be used.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!