* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: What makes a Pokémon to be favoured by you?  (Read 20914 times)

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
What makes a Pokémon to be favoured by you?
« on: June 26, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »
I'm pretty interested in this actually.
While it seems simple to say a certain pokémon is your favourite, this usually has a deeper meaning behind it. People at first don't think about it but when they start telling why they would like a certain pokémon can bring out ideas.

My favourite pokémon is Froslass as some might've already noticed out of my name. It's the japanese name for the pokémon. However, this pokémon is not the typing I adore so much and is actually weak to it. Fire is my favourite type, so why would I like Froslass so much while being an Ice type? The biggest points I'm looking at are movement, design and habits. As for me, I like to see elegant, cool, or cute things. Froslass fits the Elegant part perfectly. It creates a good image in my mind for a calm and controlled pokémon and yet being a bit mysterious.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a Pokémon to be favoured by you?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12:32 pm »
Well my favorite it Feraligatr, because of it's cool and menacing looks. And the fact that Totodile was the first pokemon I ever got, because I got pokemon silver as my first game, so I feel kinda bonded to Feraligatr. I also like him because he's really powerful, I beat the E4 almost 100 times with him alone, he's a blue gator(favorite animal), and the fact that I love water pokemon.
. . .

Offline silverdragon016

• Beginning Trainer
  • I like pokemon deal with it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:19:03 pm »
Trust and loyalty.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:33:16 pm »
Not even going to respond to that.

I have always liked houndoom since playing gold. It reminded me of my first dog, Mikey. He passed away when I was very young, but he was a good dog. That is why houndoom became my favorite, for being a doberman, like Mikey.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline silverdragon016

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:38:34 pm »
Not even going to respond to that.

I have always liked houndoom since playing gold. It reminded me of my first dog, Mikey. He passed away when I was very young, but he was a good dog. That is why houndoom became my favorite, for being a doberman, like Mikey.
let me expand on my qoute trust and loyalty these two aspects best describe lucario

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:31:17 pm »
Trust and loyalty arent very descriptive. What she means is what are the certain things you like about it like looks, color, names, or some other way of significant importance. Trust and loyalty isn't descriptive, pretty much every pokemon has that trait.
. . .

Offline silverdragon016

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 05:44:55 pm »
Trust and loyalty arent very descriptive. What she means is what are the certain things you like about it like looks, color, names, or some other way of significant importance. Trust and loyalty isn't descriptive, pretty much every pokemon has that trait.
Hope your not including Psyduck and Slowpoke when you say that those two are denser than a brick wall

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 05:52:01 pm »
Hope your not including Psyduck and Slowpoke when you say that those two are denser than a brick wall
... Dude, I'm talking about POSITIVE characteristics that you'd LIKE. I'm not saying anything like: "Oh I love Psyduck because he's dumb looking and useless." I didnt say anything about Psyduck OR Slowpoke.

le EDIT: OOOoooohhh Now I understand. Yeah, those two are exeptions, not exactly trustorthy or loyal, just braindead. XD
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:02:09 pm by 9Nexalas6 »
. . .

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »
Get back on topic. I don't want to see this thread get locked due to flaming or otherwise.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline silverdragon016

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 06:19:40 pm »
Same but as for the subject at hand i like lucario because he`s about the same size as a human so he`s small and fast plus he kind of looks like anubis!

Offline Mr.Dodo

• Normal Trainer
  • Sleepy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 06:55:42 pm »
It must be Charizard. Fully evolved form of pokemon that i first got (Charmander). I´ve always liked its style and wings.

Offline silverdragon016

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 07:21:03 pm »
Got to admit Charizard does keep it simple when i comes to looking like a dragon but i cant help but feel the flame on his tail is a big weak spot but i still like him

zylonnick

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 07:53:44 pm »
Mainly looks and sometimes nostalgia. I like pokémon like Lucario, Arcanine, Gengar, Lapras and Ditto (don't judge me) for their looks, but pokémon like Raichu, Blastoise, Drand Tauros give me a feeling of nostalgia towards the old days playing pokémon Blue for the first time.

I NEVER choose a pokémon for it's stats or movepool. While others went for Salamence, I kept believing in my trusty old Dragonite. That's just me though ;)

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 08:46:21 pm »
I also picked pokemon based on looks. The first time I played pokemon, I think I was about 7, playing it with the children of some of my dad's friends. Back then, I knew nothing about stats and just caught what seemed really cool looking. When I got my first pokemon game (Which was Gold by the way), my starter was Chikorita because I had a hard time picking any of the starters since they all looked so cool. Funnily enough, I still remember where it evolved into a Bayleef.

Um...anyway, I've always picked pokemon based on how they look. For example:

I need to get one of these...

I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE STATS BETTER THAN ANY LEGENDARY, I HATE YOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!

This is pretty much what my entire 'adventure' is like, judging pokemon based on their looks.

Should have called this Pokemon : Highschool Edition! HAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

...I'm sorry you had to hear that.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 11:07:43 pm »
I mostly pick based on looks and sheer awesomeness. 

My five favorite pokemon are:

It's nice to be able to use the first four on my mono-fire team.  And last but not least.