* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: What happened to the website?! [UPDATE]  (Read 17426 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the website?! [UPDATE]
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
Well, one motive that was considered was that this someone is in the process of making another Pokemon MMORPG and wants to shut down other Pokemon MMORPG around to get all the attention once the way is clear.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 03:37:25 PM »
Well that very well could be it...i remember a low population RPG I used to play called Risk your Life....Was an epic game. But it never failed whoever created a server for it within a few months to a year they would get hacked by a certain someone and get destroyed.. All just because the server he made had been hacked and destroyed a long time ago...So now he does that to anyone who tries to make one..It is rather sad. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone is trying to destroy all the Pokemon games online out there at the moment for their own selfish reasons..

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 04:19:49 PM »
Reminds me, there is a group called anonymous or something. And they hack and take down certain sites to state their point that they aren't charmed by the fact the government wants internet censorship so badly. But aside from that, I wouldnt see a reason why they would try an attack on a random Pokémon MMO that isn't even released yet.

And it is quite odd that alot of Pokémon MMO's were taken down. Besides that, most Pokémon MMO's charge money in some kind of way while PU will be entirely cashfree while still having loads of special features. Most Pokémon MMOs i've seen don't have many features and are just the standard gameplay without much extra stuff. Let's try to specify it some more: Which pokémon MMO's were attacked and what features did they have? Do they have something in common besides being a Pokémon MMO?

While googling I found of Pokémon Omega was also attacked. This game is also entirely f2p. There is a range of sprites you're allowed to choose (we have a paperdoll system but it comes quite close). Trainers get ranked with points.

Pokemonium Online also got a DDOS attack about three months ago
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:26:13 PM by Yukimenoko »

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 02:32:50 AM »
This is probably out there and compeltly untrue, but p1cture.it isn't working for me, was it attacked like PU? Or is it having some other problem?
. . .

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 07:54:34 AM »
p1cture.it is working for me.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
p1cture.it should work fine. Otherwise try img.pokemon-universe.com
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".