* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Is there a specific color palette for Pixel Art in game?  (Read 11337 times)

Offline Pubbles

• Beginning Trainer
  • "A Severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a specific color palette for Pixel Art in game?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »
That looks pretty good actually. The cap from the hat is just a little bit too small, and there are some outlines missing between the arms and the torso.

About the outlines, yes I know... I don't know why, but I thought it looked better without them there... I have flipped between the two a bit, so it's not really too big of a deal to use them... The cap though, I don't think it can be made any wider, or higher, and still retain good balance... The hats used in the games and anime all look too boxy and unnatural to me... As if someone took a giant can of beans, opened it and decided to wear it as a hat...

This is probably not the case with "all the hats" seen in the games/anime, but as I haven't seen most of the anime, I can't attest to that. I wanted the cap to retain some of the curve of the actual head, while still removing some of that shape. (Reasonably, if someone were to have dreads or something similar, the hair would ruin some of the shaping that a hat would normally take)...

I just thought of this, but am I taking the wrong view point with this character?

Is the point-of-view from the front, slightly above? Or from straight ahead?

I suppose that would've been smart to ask before working on anything, as the wrong view point would create a clash if seen side-by-side with a different one.
... ... ... Shh ... ... ... The walls have feet ... ... ...