* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: related to pokemon what have u learnd from being a trainer  (Read 7413 times)

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
related to pokemon what have u learnd from being a trainer
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »
I have learned a lot like everypokemon even in the normal  game can be used effectively despite what smogon may say, it depends on the trainer. i have learned stats are great but without the right moves and ability a pokemon may be ko'd in multiple ways. i've learned the best way to tell when a pokemon is best for u is to use it in every way u possibly can think of. i've learned when a trainer is cocky they stilll have a long way to go. i've learned that one trainer will never really be the undisputed best. i've learned to never give up despite little chance, if ur team is built right u have something for everything. i've learned stalling destroys trick room. i>e learned no one type is ultimate. and i feel flying types from gen1 -5 were made for me. im addicted to the thrill of battle, win or lose it doesn) matter  :) have fun.  and tell what u have learned
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Sephyerite

• New Trainer
  • To be the very best...
    • View Profile
Re: related to pokemon what have u learnd from being a trainer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:03:02 AM »
I've learned that through thick and thin, your friends and comrades will be there for you, and that no matter how hard things get, how high the odds are stacked against you, if you persevere you will succeed, or be able to lose with your head held high. That's another thing: I have learned that losing does not make you weak. To the contrary, losing can make you stronger than winning ever could, because you take so much more from it.
You teach me, and I teach you

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
Very nicely put
To fly!"

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 09:07:31 AM »
Even when your strenght may not be as high as your opponent, you can still win by playing smart. I learned that out of a battle I had with my 60-75 team vs a full level 100 uber team. I was able to knock out quite a few pokémon anyway.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »
Lol sounds like something i'd love to see... either u are a genius or ur enemy was a fool.... either way thanks for the post
To fly!"

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »
I've learned that no two battles are the same, so just because you beat a team once doesn't mean you are going to beat it a second time. Always assume your opponent has learned something and always try and do the same yourself. Pay attention to every battle so you will be able to adapt to any situation, no matter how grave.
Halagren

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »
What I've learned from being a Pokémon Trainer that is Pokémon related?
Pretty much actually. I've learned the basics of type match-up, what is effective and what is not. When I first started playing Silver Version, which was my first Pokémon Game, I had no idea (well, duh) about the match-ups, except that Pidgeotto were effective against Caterpie (I blame Ash!). After I really got into the game and learning much more of the basics when I started playing Emerald Version, I've managed to get most of the match-up list in my head and know almost instantly what's effective and what's not against the different types. Which I hope will become a big + when I get a chance to start playing Pokémon with others... Haven't had that chance before, sadly.

I've also learned that training your Pokémon to their max limit and giving them items and learning them different many moves to make them much more powerful, and even makes them able to defeat their weaknesses fast enough for them not to get hurt much at all ::) But then, that's against NPCs... Also, they are good friends and all that stuff when you are bored or just feeling... bad?

Offline rajlev

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
well first of all... i have learned that you have to be very pacient and train lots of time if you really want to have strong teams... but you alsa have to look for the item you use... sometimes there are some items that can give you aventages so its important to know how to equip your team... also... not alwais its necesarry to evolve your pokemon at first chance... it may seem as if they are weaker... but some powefull attacks can only be learned in pre-evolved pokemons... and that status change can be even more troublesome than attack power
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:09:12 PM by rajlev »

Offline KaminaEXE

• Normal Trainer
  • In my hands the means. In my heart the will.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 11:10:44 PM »
Ive learned that playing with your favorites is always the way to go and that even though a battle looks bleak there is always hope if you just keep fighting and never give up!
Who the hell do you think i am!!!