* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Re: To Do List  (Read 5588 times)

Offline Pubbles

• Beginning Trainer
  • "A Severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    • View Profile
Re: To Do List
« on: June 19, 2012, 03:08:45 AM »
I notice it hasn't been changed for a while, and I also know that Mr Dark is currently not here, so I'm not trying to be a pest or impatient.

But I'd like to help develop some of the things on the list (if I'm at all capable, that is! I'll fiddle with it and try as hard as I can to make some of it!) BUT I'm lacking some information...

First, is there a standard "tile" size I should be working inside, for the "Ground/Environment" art? (eg, 20x20 tiles of the "Beach Sand")

Second, is there a maximum size for the Buildings or other "Objects" that are still needed?

I assume that the NPCs needed will need to be the same general size as the Paperdolls provided for the recent competitions, but can they be Taller/Fatter?

The reason I ask these questions is because I've developed Maps for another MMO, and done so very well, but always had a "Mapping Program" that held all the tiles, objects and NPC graphics that I'd need. So with that experience I assumed there is a Tile size we're shooting for.

I don't have a ton of free time, but I'm more than happy to at least try to develop some of those basic tiles!

Hope this post isn't duplicating questions elsewhere, or seeking answers already given. But if someone could post that information, I'd really appreciate it, and it'd give some of the others the info they'd need to try to help create at least some of the pixel art!

Thanks
... ... ... Shh ... ... ... The walls have feet ... ... ...

zylonnick

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:44:22 AM »
We have a mapping program and mappers, but what we really need are pixel artists. Tiles have 48*48 size I believe. For more info on the job, please take a look at the jobs-section of the forums. (I'm writing this in a hurry on my ipod, so excuse me for my grammar)

Greetz,
Ponge

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:14 AM »
 Tiles have been changed to size 32*32 if I remember correctly. Come online on IRC sometime if your free-time allows it and if we're on, we can provide you with some of the information you need (maybe all).
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Re: To Do List
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »
Yup, it changed to 32*32 sometime between last year and this year...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
I'll instruct my people to update the list more often :)
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
 And there you have it, the "PU God" is back from his "contacting Nintendo by being in Japan" trip.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Zatir

• PU Developer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 11:15:58 PM »
I think it's always great when people are trying to help, so I appreciate your try. I assume your actually willing to create some art for the game, because you are asking questions about the design? If so, you can show your pixel skills by e.g. creating paperdolls or creating unique 32*32 tiles. When we (Actually Bryan our lead pixel artist) think your skills are good enough, you can possibly join the team. Please note we're trying to create just one design-style, so that's why we have to see if your skill is good enough to provide that style.
Zatir - PU developer
Current project: Creating the Pokéditor

Offline Shockah

• New Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 11:26:47 AM »
If your in need of a few sprites then can I recommend that you advertise the position on otland.net - there's quite a few talented spriter's there who may be interested. Just an Idea.

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 02:19:06 PM »
Sorry for not updating the list. I would say at least 25%-35% of what's on the list is completed. I got real busy last week and this week with life stuff. But I am slowly working on building design.

If you are interested, I'm not looking for spriters/paperdoll artist. But I am looking for environment tile artist. This would involve, rocks, flowers, stumps, bushes, water-wells, etc. So if you are interested, you can make a nice set of environmental tiles, then I could put you in a trial period on the art team; to test you on our current tiles.
Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney
Check out the link above, for art updates on Pokemon Universe!

Contacts:
Email - [email protected]
Skype - Mashaney

Offline Pubbles

• Beginning Trainer
  • "A Severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:31:01 AM »
Awesome! Thanks for all the replies and info!

I actually probably have zero Pixel Art skills, however... I could try to do something simple, like creating 32*32 base tiles (like sand, grass, etc.) But it all depends on how things go here. Not much time left to me lately... So I was going to fiddle with it and see what I come up with!

I'm not really trying to "join the team" because I know I don't have the time to really do much... But I figured if I came up with some small things you guys needed for the Mapper, that it would help out some!

No big deal either way really - just wanted to give it a little time, and maybe I'd come up with something useful!

... ... ... Shh ... ... ... The walls have feet ... ... ...