* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New Pokemon X & Y  (Read 162158 times)

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »
Not too crazy about the main character. Also, when I hear the titles, it makes me think of the sex chromosomes, X & Y. Possibly something to do wih more gene splicing if that's the case?
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 10:52:57 PM »
Lmao, yet another gen where I get my starter and put it straight into the box as soon as I get my first pokemon. Why don't they ever make starters as good as the original 3? :(
Game looks great though, can't wait to get it. :D
Liar! You're giving it to me C:
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09:51 PM »
Lmao, yet another gen where I get my starter and put it straight into the box as soon as I get my first pokemon. Why don't they ever make starters as good as the original 3? :(
Game looks great though, can't wait to get it. :D

The first generation starters are my second least favorite starters. I only dislike generation 5 more lol xD

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 03:24:16 AM »
NRight now my only actual hope that they introduce a normal eeveelution >.>
Lmfao wtf Meowth, Eevee is normal... they don't need anymore, they should make a Ground/Rock or Ghost one though Or Poison...  ._.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:26:03 AM by Miss Wednesday »
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:25 AM »
.....Pssssst, roloc, You guys should totally balance eevee.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 06:39:36 AM »
Oh wow I hope they release specific gameboy 3ds's for these games :D I would love to get one preferably Pokemon X I like the way that one looks

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »
This was very nice to wake up to :D

I already went out to see if I could pre-order... The gamestop employee looked stupid at me.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »
lol I am definately going to be preordering this! Never played black 2 or white 2 but w/e idc this one looks like it is going to be fun. This is their first step to having The elder scrolls graphics put into pokemon!! :D They are getting closer and closer to the ultimate pokemon game.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 01:26:35 AM »
I'm not all that impressed with this game XC Like I said before, Poison's still the butt of all Pokemon, and it's on a 3DS, no less.

The game style seems interesting, I do have to admit, but I'm a bit unimpressed with the name. There better be a good reason for it, or I'm just going to have to say it doesn't seem worth it XC
Not too crazy about the main character. Also, when I hear the titles, it makes me think of the sex chromosomes, X & Y. Possibly something to do wih more gene splicing if that's the case?
Another version to take money from our pockets...

Sigh...
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you pokemon fans who don't want new pokemon games.

I agree that the starters are a little lackluster, and not all that appealing at all, but the legendaries are beautiful and I'm really excited to play this game.

Edit: Also, I just realized something. The X and Y made me think of a 2D graphing plane. Well, X, the deer-looking one, is a pokemon that walks on the ground, like the X plane being horizontal. The Y pokemon, the bird-thing, can fly, similar to how the Y plane is vertical. So there's my lame little easter egg for you all.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:36:36 AM by Darkstar64 »

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 01:42:59 AM »
This was very nice to wake up to :D

I already went out to see if I could pre-order... The gamestop employee looked stupid at me.
Ha! I would of too. ._.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:39 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you pokemon fans who don't want new pokemon games.

I agree that the starters are a little lackluster, and not all that appealing at all, but the legendaries are beautiful and I'm really excited to play this game.

Edit: Also, I just realized something. The X and Y made me think of a 2D graphing plane. Well, X, the deer-looking one, is a pokemon that walks on the ground, like the X plane being horizontal. The Y pokemon, the bird-thing, can fly, similar to how the Y plane is vertical. So there's my lame little easter egg for you all.
hah, right on the nose, Darkstar ;P I think 5th Gen was enough. But to be honest, I'm starting to gain interest in this new one. I won't buy it though. I'll probably just watch one of my (non-existant) friends play. Remember, I suck at Pokemon, and I'm poor ;P I like the flying Legendary that was presented, but not the Deer-looking one. XC I've had enough of Deer and Space Goat nonsense.

Oh. That Easter egg ._. I get it now ._. That's actually kinda clever. But it's math XC
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:30:14 AM by WhatThePumpkin »
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:38 AM »
So which version are you guys considering getting? I'm going with Y.

I thought the same thing lol
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 03:08:48 AM »
damn already, i still can't name more than 5 pokemon from the black and white gen now theres even more to remember. In all honesty heart gold and soul silver had the best graphics. These new "3D" gen games look like crap because of how pixelated they are. I wish nintendo wasn't so behind on graphics.
It's over 9000!

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 05:29:46 AM »
yea indeed it does look very pixelated or w/e. Also the way they run looks a little retarded but maybe when it gets closer to october they will make it look prettier. Please remember that everything they released in those videos is prolly still being tested. So it isn't a finished product. I think.

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 06:34:23 AM »
Froakie looks like it might evolve into a flying/water type (clouds around its neck) if so I hope its like the "balloon frog pokemon". Like a big round ball shaped frog possibly? I can only dream because I am pretty sure I know how it wil turn out! The second evo will be a awkward teenage boy looking huminoid pokemon , think lombre!! The last evo will be a tall skinny frog with clouds on its hands ,and around its neck. It will be hunched over ,and have a pedofile look to it. Probly looking alot like  Jerry Sandusky but instead of white hair it will have a white cloud on its head. I am bothered just thinking about this!!!

The fire type might be cool if they go for a elegent look like ninetails. It will be ruined if they keep the extremely large eyed prissy look the first evo is using. Snivy also had the prissy look ,and its last evo was very meh. Anyway I am hopeful for this one!

The grass one looks like a possible fighting/grass type. Who knows I do not have much to say about this one.

I am proud of them for not making another very large bulky looking dragon legendary as the main legendary. It looks like the deer will be  grass possibly steal/grass. The other one looks  like a fire/flying maybe fire/dragon. Either way I bet the red one will counter the green one hard.

Despite my comments sounding negative I can't wait to see more! Maybe they will release even more super op hard hitters that out shine many last gen pokemon -_-

Edit: Froakie sounds like a insult to me! Like go away you Froakie! IDk I will definetly try using it like a insult in rl.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:36:56 AM by Ursaring »