* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: New Pokemon X & Y  (Read 160893 times)

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2013, 03:54:45 am »
Iconically, I think Humen may have a point, it may be going too far. Competitively speaking, though, I kind of agree with Miss. Pikachu really isn't that good.
Yeah, because a lot of people only like Pokemon because of the Pikachu in the anime, but I think that most of the Pikachu lovers are girls and I can see girls falling in love with fairy types since most of the fairy looking Pokemon are cute... I doubt they change it to Electric/Fairy but if it was to happen, Pikachu would be good to kill pre-evolved dragons, I doubt it could ever 1-hit KO a Dragonite or Haxorus with a Fairy attack xD
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2013, 04:10:34 am »

Yeah, because a lot of people only like Pokemon because of the Pikachu in the anime, but I think that most of the Pikachu lovers are girls and I can see girls falling in love with fairy types
[/quote]

This actually makes a lot of sense. I could just see it bothering some of the other fans, being that Pikachu is the single most iconic pokemon. Either way, it really doesn't bother me too much. Giving it the fairy type could possibly present some interesting plot points in the anime revealing that, though.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2013, 04:17:15 am »
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Developer_Round-table_News

Feel free to check this link periodically to see new information from the pokemon direct going on right now. This direct wasn't live streamed which sucks. :(
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2013, 04:23:29 am »

Yeah, because a lot of people only like Pokemon because of the Pikachu in the anime, but I think that most of the Pikachu lovers are girls and I can see girls falling in love with fairy types

This actually makes a lot of sense. I could just see it bothering some of the other fans, being that Pikachu is the single most iconic pokemon. Either way, it really doesn't bother me too much. Giving it the fairy type could possibly present some interesting plot points in the anime revealing that, though.
[/quote]Yep C:
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2013, 05:04:31 am »
Wwwwwwhhhhaaaattt pikachu is awesome heck i use a lvl 100 pichu competitively but i refuse to say how often it wins. also jigglypuff dosen't have wings but it can inflate its self like a balloon and marill well idk about marill.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2013, 05:09:23 am »
Well my theory about Sylveon being a new type was correct at least. Just not 'Light' type as people claimed it would be called. Still curious as to whether there will be another Eeveelution released with it, if so Dragon type is the best bet.

Also, the types of Xerneas and Yveltal... would like to see those soon.
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2013, 06:13:24 am »
I agree, would love to know their types as well. I do think a dragon eeveelution would be cool, although if it could be any type, I would choose fighting, since when I go mono-type I usually stick with fighting (I actually use my mono-fighting on the regular, updated PO server  more than my regular team). Ah well, as you originally stated, it is likely to be an opposing type if there is another, so if there's another eeveelution, dragon does seem the most likely. As far as names go, I would prefer a name like "Light" over "Fairy", but I think fairy makes more sense.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Dantizzle

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2013, 08:56:53 pm »
Ok, so fairy?  ???
... I guess....whatever :-\

But I am more saddened by the fact that there is practically no hope for the sound type.
 :-[
*DANT/IZZL/E*

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2013, 09:06:53 pm »
*Ahem*

The Sound type was created by one of our members to troll another member. He also brought in Laser and Silk types. Enough of those, now!

Now, on the fairies thing, I do like the fact that a new type was introduced. I don't like what the the type is, but I have yet to try it out, so my opinion might change on it.

The other news was the addition of some more pokemon, namely, a non legend Fire/Flying type called Talonflame (very creative nintendo). It looks pretty cool: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talonflame_(Pok%C3%A9mon). The only problem I have with it is whether or not to choose that for my future team, or get a Charizard, or go with both for a Fire/Flying tag team.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2013, 09:25:32 pm »
Yeah i've just now seen it.
It didn't look to bad some of the others do look bad kind of to me.
Only a few pokemon would be able to fairy type moves i see.
Dragons aren't that big and bad now.
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2013, 03:05:25 am »
I don't see where dragons have ever been that bad. I didn't see the need for them to add another weakness to them. For the most part all you needed was a fast pokemon(or scarf) that could use a dragon or ice type attack. Even then those two attacks weren't needed that badly. Now back in the old days of gen 1, psychic types were pure monsters, their only weakness was ghost/bug types and the only ghost in the game was part poison which is weak to psychic and good bugs back then were pretty much non existant and the only bug that got a decent bug attack was part poison which made it weak to psychic. Now THEY needed another weakness, thus the reason dark types were added.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:24:55 am by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2013, 03:35:17 am »
Here ya go Meowth, Fire/Normal xD

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2013, 03:41:51 am »
So far, I'm actually pretty pleased with all of these new pokemon designs. I think I like them more than Gen V, honestly. Hopefully this trend stays.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 13, 2013, 03:55:08 am »
So far, I'm actually pretty pleased with all of these new pokemon designs. I think I like them more than Gen V, honestly. Hopefully this trend stays.
I like a lot of the new ones, but this one is kinda dumb...
It's a Fairy type xD
http://www.serebii.net/corocoro6135.jpg

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 13, 2013, 05:00:44 am »
Yeah, don't care for that one too much. Being mostly mono-fighting on PO now, I'm really looking forward to seeing Pancham and its (hopefully) evolutionary line. Pandas are my favorite animals as well, so I really like that one. Fennekin better not turn into Fire/Fighting. We have enough starters that do that already.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100