* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New Pokemon X & Y  (Read 162187 times)

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »
Awesome! Mega-Secptile! MEGA-Charzard! MEGA-SAMUROTT!

Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »
BulbaNewsNOW @BulbaNewsNOW
Mega Kangaskhan confirmed at Pokemon World Championships. Has the Ability Parental Bond, which lets it attack twice.

New mega kangaskan. That ability sounds soooooooo OP.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2013, 07:44:53 PM »
Well im sure the second attacks power would be reduced since its coming from a baby pokemon. I think its neat that kaginskan's kid gets involved in the battle instead of sitting in the pouch do'in nothing.

Gasp maybe this is how cubone learned to fight OoO

Also does anyone else think it be awesome to see mega ampharos riding on top of a zekerom raising a honedge in its hand with its new magestic hair flowing in the wind
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2013, 11:38:24 PM »
Well im sure the second attacks power would be reduced since its coming from a baby pokemon.

It is possible that the second attacks power will be reduced but all we know for sure now is that it's a second attack.
Thus making it probable OP.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2013, 07:53:30 AM »
Holy cow kangaskan's ability O_o

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »
I hope the Mega Pokemon are banned from tournaments, because Kangaskan's ability makes Pokemon like Shuckle look under-powered. ?_? Imagine if it had max attack and used hyper beam.
. . .

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2013, 06:36:27 PM »
You mean Giga Impact (stronger than Hyper Beam since Kangaskhan is physically oriented)? Shuckle will be able to take 5 attacks without Kangaskhan's Parental Bond, so 2 or 3 if Kangaskhan's stats remain as is; and this assumes both have favourable natures.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:41:58 PM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
I think mega pokemon would be in their own tier for tournaments and such. I wouldn't worry too much about them for PU, since we have a team of excellent balancers.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »
I think they can fit in any battles anytime. If it'll really be as they say it is, everyone can bring one MegaPokemon with them. If your opponent pull out one MegaPokemon you believe your 'ordinary' pokemon can't take, just pull out yours.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2013, 07:19:17 PM »
That's a possibility as well. But then it all comes down to whose mega survives, and bby how much. Plus, we have to take into account PO, showdown, and other sims that might remove that possible 1 mega only rule, which is why I predict a new mega tier in that sense. We seen mega mewtwo, so that may mean other legendaries will be mega, so add on a mega ubers and a mega ou tier as well. The actual games themselves would be where it really comes down to the mega that survives.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
Well, why not? :P The outcome of pokemon battles depend on whose pokemon survives at the end, right? I don't quite see the issue here; you try to make the least of your pokemon faint anyway. Mega pokemon's got an edge, but that doesn't mean they can't be beaten, and I'm sure PU's balanced pokemon will make sure they're not invincible if they happen to be in XY.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2013, 08:12:46 PM »
There is no issue. Just saying there may be a possibility for a new tier. I'm not worried about the PU balance. They have done a good job on all the others, so they will do a great job on the new pokes.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2013, 10:18:07 PM »
Oh okay, for a second I was thinking you meant a tier in PU for competitions xP I was like "what!?"

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2013, 11:25:09 PM »
Got to love miscommunication. I'm actually changing my opinion on mega pokemon. Just realized that means mega houndoom and mega sableye. So, I'm good with it so long as they don't end up looking stupid or having a strange ability that makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2013, 02:49:23 AM »
It also means mega Golurk and Golduck! as if those two couldnt get more awesome! And blissey might become an even better wall then it is now :3