* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Nuzlocke thread.  (Read 8912 times)

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Nuzlocke thread.
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:19 pm »
I noticed no one really does a nuzlocke run anymore.. I'd like to change that. I would like to challenge you, any of you. To come up with your own and do it, do someone else's, or even just do the normal one. But please, do a nuzlocke run. Only YOU can prevent their Extinction!

Since all the other nuzlocke threads are closed, and It would spam the thing if we all created our own. How about this? A thread for everyone to post their nuzlocke's in. Your rules and such. Here's mine.

1:If your pokemon faints, it dies.
2:You may catch any pokemon on a route, but only one. (I.E. You can catch a ralts, but nothing else on taht route.)
3:You may only have 3 pokemon at a time.
4:Once you have 3 other pokemon, you must release your starter. or put it in the PC.
5:You may not pick items up, and you may not buy anything but Pokeballs, antidotes, and repels.
6:Have fun. Remember kids, Fun first. rules second.
7:You lose, you start over. you must finish.
*optional*8:For every episode, you must have a chapter.
*Optional*9:You can use pokemon centers, but there is a catch. You can only use the same center 10 time each.
*Optional*10:You may catch a shiny, and if its your first for the route, you decide if it counts. If its not your first of the route, doesn't matter. Catch it anyways. Shiny's are good.

Notes:A few of you are going to say that being able to catch a pokemon of your choice on each route makes it too easy. But if you add in rule 3 and 4, not as easy is it? Also, This is about having fun. I know I have less fun when I can't choose my pokemon. So yeah.

That's my nuzlocke run. What's yours? I would like to ask that you post yours here, instead of creating a new thread. why? Because I don't want people to be spammed with nuzlocke threads. So yeah.
Post your:
Thoughts on people's nuzlocke runs.
Your own nuzocke runs.
And stuffs. You can even post your nuzlocke run logs or video's here. So yeah.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:54:37 am by Meowth »
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Nuzlocke thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:52:22 am »
I've been thinking about doing one. Might start soon. I need to decide which game I'll do it on.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 05:20:34 am »

Daylin: 35/100

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:35:37 pm »
Rules-

-Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
-The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
-The player must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
-A black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.

Extras-

-The Rules are only enforced after the player receives their first pokeball.
-The player is not allowed to use healing/status healing items in battle, unless the opponent does so first. The player is allowed to use one item for each item the opponent uses.
-Legendaries are exempt from the first encounter rule, however, once caught, they cannot be used in battle.
-Regarding the bug catching tournament...the first encounter rule is exempt during this tournament, however, the player may only keep the pokemon caught during their first tournament.
-Regarding the Safari Zone...the first encounter rule is exempt in the safari zone, however, the player may only catch and keep one pokemon from the safari zone.
-Shinies are exempt from the first encounter rule.
-Gift pokemon are exempt from the first encounter rule.

And without further ado, let's get this party started!!! I'll be posting my first journal entry soon...

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 12:11:27 am »
I've been doing a Pokémon Ruby nuzlocke run for a while now:

- Any pokémon that faints is considered dead, and may not be used anymore. (I keep them in a box called Graveyard, to keep my information for my nuzlocke comic I hope to finish)
- Catch the first pokémon in the area that is a duplicate. If you find a duplicate you may not catch anohter pokémon in the same area.
- If you lost all your pokémon you're game over.
- No trading with other games.
- Nickname all your pokémon

Extra's:
- No shopping. (only freebies)
- Battle style to Set.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:12:03 am »
So I totally didn't go into this Nuzlocke run expecting to turn it into a twisted a role-playing experience, but this is what's happening...

And I like it.

Enjoy. Second entry will be up by Tuesday, the latest.

Journal Entry #1

Game: SoulSilver
Character Name: Silver (female, age 16)
Death Count: 0
Pokemon Mercilessly: Slaughtered: 1

Current Team:

Zero (Cyndaquil)

=======================

Dear Journal,

Today, life has thrust me in a totally new direction. There's no more playing video games until 4 in the morning, no school, no chores. Suddenly I find myself on a journey; the fantasies I've entertained since pre-school, they're a reality. I'm a pokemon trainer now, with a gruesome thirst for battle. My mission is to become League Champion.

God help you, who are an obstacle on my path.

It started this morning. I woke to find that Prof. Elm had asked a favor of me. Now Prof. Elm was an acquaintance, at best, so it struck me as odd that he would ask something of me. Nonetheless, I was curious, so I quickly went over to his lab.

"It's an experiment," he said. Initially, I was only supposed to walk around with one of his pokemon and to report on any special feelings we may develop between each other. To be honest, I thought and still think his request was rather stupid. Is this what pokemon professors are supposed to do? Send random teenagers out on strolls with pokemon and report on their...feelings? Apparently so. Why didn't he just ask Ethan, anyway? He's always running around town with his Maril. Maybe he just finds Ethan as annoying as I do. God, I hate that boy.

In the middle of our conversation, a call alerted Prof. Elm to the discovery one of his peers had made a city or two away, and now he wanted me to go and check it out for him. Normally I would have refused. I don't walk ten miles to pick up anything for anybody, much less someone who's practically a stranger, but he said he would let me keep a pokemon for my trouble and that was an offer I couldn't refuse. I chose a fire-type, Cyndaquil.

I named him Zero.

The errand only took me about four hours to complete, but something inside of me shifted during that trip. For the first time, I was exposed to a pokemon battle and nothing could have prepared me for the grisly and savage nature of it all.

My first battle left me horrified. An aggressive pidgey confronted Zero, and he defended himself by catapulting his body into the bird's side. The pidgey retaliated with a weak blow of his own, but that only served to infuriate Zero. I ordered Zero to attack and he delivered a vicious hit on the side of the pidgey's skull that popped out one of it's eyeballs. It fell to the floor, shaking vigorously for a few seconds before becoming still.

I stared at the now dead pidgey, experiencing a curious sensation that overtook me. So this is what trainers did. They made it out to be much more glamorous and noble on the television when in actuality it was just a glorified form of murder and violence. But that fact didn't trouble me so much. What really horrified me was how much I enjoyed it.

-Silver

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 12:45:46 am »
My friends and I are doing one on Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Any unique rules or ideas/suggestions?
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 08:45:36 am »
My friends and I are doing one on Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Any unique rules or ideas/suggestions?

This looks promising (see attachment).

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 05:48:14 am »
We saw that one (and almost did it) the other day actually. Instead we're going with these rules:

-Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or perma-boxed.

-The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.

-Players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.

-A black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC. When a game over occurs, you may instead release or perma-box all pokemon except your starter, but must start back at the first town, and you cannot fly until you reach the location that the game over occurred at.

-Starter Pokémon is based off your Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.

-You may use revives, but only on your starter, and only one revive may be used per battle.

-No Max Revives, Full Heals, Max Potions, or Rare Candies.

--Legendaries are exempt from the first encounter rule, however, once caught, they cannot be used in battle.

-Masterballs may only be used on legendaries.

-Rules not enforced until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon.

-First counter rule does not apply to "special encounters"or shiny pokemon.

-Use the same amount of Pokémon as the Gym Leader during a Gym battle.

-If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.

-Only one pokemon can be kept at a time from the bug catching tournament.

-If you participate in the pokeathlon and come in second, release one pokemon you used. If you come in third, release two of them. If you come in last, release all three of them, even if it's your starter. If you come in first, keep your pokemon and reap the benefits!

-Only one pokemon may be kept at a time from the Safari Zone.

0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:00:41 pm »
Fenror, that is dumb. What, you may ask. This:

-You may use revives, but only on your starter, and only one revive may be used per battle.

That ruins nuzlocke, and from these rules, it seems like you guys are falling back on starters...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:55:01 pm by The-Blades-slave »

Daylin: 35/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 10:27:29 pm »
We actually deleted that rule.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 12:57:25 am »
Yep, it's official. I'm going to make this nuzlocke run as absurd as possible. Enjoy!

Journal Entry #2

Pokemon Mercilessly: Slaughtered: 9

Current Team:

Zero (Cyndaquil)

==========================

Dear Journal,

I arrived at Mr. Pokemon’s home and picked up his discovery, a pokemon egg. He was with another man, who dressed like a professor and had a serious and ominous aura about him.

The man confronted me and said, “My name is Professor Oak. I am the chooser and corrupter of the innocent. You are the next harbinger of the blood age. Take this pokedex and venture forth on your journey. Your magnificent destiny will unfold before you.”

And with that, Prof. Oak disappeared in a dark red cloud of smoke, and I found myself in an abandoned house, alone, with the egg and pokedex in my hands.

I was surprisingly unnerved by this eerie occurrence. In fact, a strange peace had overcome me. Was I going crazy or had I really took the first step on a great and sinister journey?

-Silver
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:49:38 am by BrodyMason »

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 10:47:56 am »
I had a Nuzlocke run going on my sister's fiance's HG, with the rule that no items except stuff like Proteins can be bought, and no healing items other than what is found on the ground

changed the pokemon faints = dead to being able to be used if you find a Max Revive and discard it...then i decided to spend time in the Ruins of Alph smashing rocks, and uhhhh... yeah that ruined my fun, seeing as i found like 10 Max revives in less than half an hour. So they's all be dead forever.

my one absolute rule: Shiny Pokemon are immune to ALL rules for Nuzlocke, seeing as they are hard enough to come by.
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 10:13:55 pm »
Pokemon Mercilessly: Slaughtered: 10

Current Team:

Zero (Cyndaquil)

=================
Journal Entry #3

Dear Journal,

Zero and I were exiting Cherrygrove City and headed home when we encountered a red headed boy around my age, hurriedly making his way in my direction. I was in his path and I guess he expected me to budge. I didn't. We stopped and stared at each other, face to face, neither of us wavering from our path.

"Get out of my way," he said.

I did not, and silently maintained my gaze.

"Hmph! I see you're stubborn. That's fine, you're just another obstacle in my path. I'll annihilate you like the rest of them."

In a swift motion, the boy took a pokeball out of his pocket and threw it down on the ground. A Totodile appeared.

The battle was short, but competitive. Zero and his opponent exchanged blows over and over again, at rapid pace. It came to a point where the two challengers were heaving in place, eyes locked in fiery glares. Summoning his remaining strength, Zero made a headfirst dash into Totodile's stomach. The blow served fatal, Zero was victorious.

The red head cursed and picked up his dead pokemon.

"Begrudgingly I must admit, nicely done. You're an intriguing specimen. I warn you though, this is not the last time our paths will cross. I will grow stronger. I'm excited to see how our destinies intertwine."

The boy snapped his fingers, and in a great flash of light he was gone. In his dramatic escape the boy dropped something that fell to the ground. It was his trainer card and it revealed his name to be Gold. How coincidental.

Suddenly another flash of light filled the area and the boy appeared again.

"Uh...I forgot that," said the boy.

He snatched the card out of my hands and snapped his fingers again.

Nothing happened.

He snapped them again...and again...and then he tried once more.

The boy looked at me and blushed, then awkwardly ran away.

I'm beginning to believe the events of this day were just a dream and I'm still sleeping in my bed. Hopefully I'll wake up soon.

-Silver
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:18:36 pm by BrodyMason »