* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokemon Challenges - Handheld games  (Read 15291 times)

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Pokemon Challenges - Handheld games
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
Hey Guys,

I have been looking for some more interesting ways to play my favorite games, the Pokemon series of course, and I came across a few ideas.

The Nuzlocke Challenge: This one seems interesting and would definitely up the difficulty of the game.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

The Scramble challenge: Again this seems like it would be interesting. The idea of having your party predetermined would definitely make the game a bit harder. Especially if the person choosing your party has a cruel sense of humor.
http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon/pokemon-challenges/427512-pokemon-in-game-challenges-rules-and-regulations (other challenges are also on this page)

Instead of going though everything I found I wanted to know what you guys have done to make the games a little more interesting? Also to share some experiences with any challenge.

p.s. I'm going to put this out there just so I don't have any trolls jump down my throat. No, I'm not trying to make Pokemon more interesting because it isn't good enough. Pokemon blue alone has entertained me since its release in Canada and the last time I finished it was in December. I would just like to add a few twists.   8)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:39:40 PM by Jerry »
Halagren

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Challanges - Handheld games
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
I get bored of nuzlockes :x

And no, I like to make my own teams because that's part of the fun.

Otherwise... I guess I've only been trying to get pokemon with good IVs and EVs when I get some time to play pokemon.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »
We already have a nuzlocke thread though.
And you forgot challenges like Mono Type, Mono Colour, Rattata only, etc.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 05:33:22 PM »
Instead of going though everything I found I wanted to know what you guys have done to make the games a little more interesting? Also to share some experiences with any challenge.

Not to sound like a dick but your ignoring part of my post. Those are just some things I found. I want to know what other people have done. Hence the above question.
Halagren

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 10:06:25 PM »
I usually did a "two-pokemon-only" kind of thing throughout my first time playing, with the exception of using HM slaves when nessecary. It was kind of hard late-game since my two choices didn't like Ice-type moves(Diamond).
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
OCD route: Only use Pokemon in your party with a certain number of letters, or only Pokemon with the same starting letter as your starter, using 3 Pokemon that have 3 moves each and must use a move 3 times in a row if possible, etc.

base only: only pre-evolved forms, including starters

Ditto only >:B
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »
Ditto Only =0 ... that sounds interesting. I'll have to try that one. =)
Halagren

Offline fushroush

• New Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Cheap DVD
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
 I guess I've only been trying to get pokemon with good IVs and EVs when I get some time to play pokemon.
Shop for the Pretty Little Liars Season 3 DVD series at a huge collection with excellent service!

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Challenges - Handheld games
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 02:26:59 PM »
When you get time? No, there's always time for Pokemon. =) And if I don't have time I make time, because I'm a wizard.
Halagren

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »
When you get time? No, there's always time for Pokemon. =) And if I don't have time I make time, because I'm a wizard.

I agree more than 100%. In fact, I agree 9001%.
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 05:32:25 AM »
Halagren

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 05:58:51 AM »
The example is from a youtube series called TFS Dragon Ball Z Abridged, which by the way is hilarious. I also started a Nuzlocke on SoulSilver, but haven't gone back to it for whatever reason.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 03:59:35 PM »
The example is from a youtube series called TFS Dragon Ball Z Abridged, which by the way is hilarious.

TFS is brilliant. Love their series.

I also started a Nuzlocke on SoulSilver, but haven't gone back to it for whatever reason.

I tried the Nuzlocke out and it seemed a bit boring to me. I'm playing one on my heart gold now, can't remember where I got the idea, but it's like the last round in the wheel of fortune where I can only pick pokemon that begin with the letters R, S, T, L, N and E and I get to pick 3 more consonants and a vowel. Don't know how well it's going to work out but it seemed different. I've also limited myself to the most basic items only (pokeballs, potions, berries, etc.). It really makes catching some of the better pokemon real hard.

I'm also playing blue where all my pokemon have to be above my level requirement (until that's not possible of course) before I go to the gyms. This one seemed really annoying to me but my buddy bet me 50 bucks I couldn't finish it that way so I just couldn't say no. =)
Halagren

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 01:29:42 AM »
I thought I might play through on one of the versions, and use only pokemon that spell out my first name, which happens to be 6 letters long. T-R-E-V-O-R.

The only question is... which version would be the best to do this on?

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 01:57:49 AM »
Try generation three, with treeko being baws and all that.
TRANSMISSION_END