* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Gym order  (Read 5099 times)

Offline Dantizzle

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Gym order
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »
I checked the search function and I found a similar topic but the thread (involving world openness) made me think of another question.
In this region I know we will be able to travel all around, although levels of other NPC and encountered pokemon may influence us otherwise. But in turn it made me think about gym order. Between the 17 gyms, will we have to go through a set order?: to get to gym "B" we have to defeat gym "A" first? I know like most of the games some areas will need to be unlocked by using certain moves or HM's to travel to the next area or you can proceed to the gym but a sprite blocks the entrance to the next gym. However, what if you could choose a path to gyms "A" "B" or "C" and complete those in any order, for example. Then a certain item or move or HM or quest takes us to the next area where we could complete gyms "D" "E" "F" and "G" or something like that.

Not trying to dive into gameplay, but just checking if there could be a feature like that or if the mapping would be pretty much straight forward. I know I read somewhere that Miryus would definitely have a series of islands but I obviously don't know how much the islands influence gym placement.
*DANT/IZZL/E*

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Gym order
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »
There are plans to make all gyms somewhat accessible so that they can be challenged in different orders. The game will be as non-linear as possible so there's no definite order, the first thing I think will be different starting points (when the development will be ready for that).

And to match this, will be some feature to the pokemon of the gym leaders will vary (upwards) depending on some factors, and so will the trainer's pokemon (downwards), if specific some criteria are met.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...