* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: A mech type RP questions?  (Read 14768 times)

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
A mech type RP questions?
« on: May 09, 2013, 06:12:22 pm »
Well I am opening this up because I am planning to attempt to assemble a mech RP in the future and I would love feedback from everyone. Of stuff they like about mechs. I am aiming for an Armored Core style type of mechs if you want reference.

Wanting to know if people would rather select their mechs through a preselected amount that I get. (It won't be a small amount)
or
let each person choose their own through what they want. The problem with this is. I don't want to see people submitting Voltron or power rangers crap. If I would do it this way.

On another note I do plan to have weaponry rather big. 4 slot direct missile launcher shoulder attachments, Assault rifles, hand guns, RPGS, Railguns, sniper rifles, Mini guns, shot guns, anti aircraft missile launcher shoulder attachments, Flares and lots more. On this note I want to know if someone would want to see something specific out of this part.

The plot isn't fully made yet. But it goes something on the lines to where in the 2200's a few countries marveled at their excellence as they created mechanized soldiers of epic proportions! But the rest was jealous of this. They went into full military funding in order to meet these other countries with weapons of equal strength. In turn caused the other countries to get scared. Eventually causing "The Great War that Ended it all". Years went by each country destroyed one by one from this. Nuclear weapons being fired everywhere. Mechs being deployed destroying cities in matter of hours. After about 70 years later. Earth was laid waste. Only very very few cities remain throughout the world. The rest is complete wasteland. Through this every thing pretty much turned mercenary with one company above all others. Thinking they had no rivals for power anymore. Started to abuse the remaining citizens causing extreme poverty. Through taxes and military force. Aka mechs. They believed this was the way for mankind to survive. But they are wrong.....

Ehhhh definitely a rough draft lol.

I want it to start out as everyone in training. First day to be piloting a mech. No it will not be the one you selected. It will be a training mech. (I want to use this short time if this RP ever got up and going in order to get people used to this kind of RP. On what to do and such.)

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them as best I can.

Oh one more thing if I do get this up and running in the future there is one mech that no one will beable to select because it will be a GM mech lol
Mainly because it is my most favorite out of any that ever existed but yea.

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: A mech type RP questions?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 04:53:14 am »
Errrr..... all i got for ya is Code Geass
Area 11 known as japan got bombed and they basiclly are fighting in mech and using guns as you know as well. No one would have the geass though they can choose to fight with him or fight against him.
Sorry if it's not good enough for ya for just meh. xD
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:06:55 am »
Alright, well people need to be able to choose their own mechs, not out of a preselected amount. It severely limits creativity, even with a large amount of mechs to choose from. If people want it to look it's from power rangers, then let them, but just have it scaled down to whatever size and limitations you require. I can't see this RP working with the first option.

Also, you should, of course, fully explain the weapon types come RP time, or you could even give freedom in that aspect, just helping RP'ers in the case that their created weapons do not match your specifications or are OP.

I don't see any plot issues here, except that, as you mentioned, it just needs to be revised.

The way you want to start out is fine, just don't make that section last long, at all. What's the point of creating your own mech if you have to spend a long time in one the GM just forces you to use? For OP checking and balancing purposes, I can see this working for a short period of time.

Lastly, if you plan on playing with the other RP'ers (which is how I RP) and not just being GM character only, don't give your characters any special privileges that others do not have. It isn't fair, as you are also and RP'er, just like everyone else. Should you have a special "GM Character", you can have all sorts of special privileges, as your character isn't on the same level as other RP'ers characters.

That's all I have for now. Hope it helps, and good luck.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 09:30:01 am »
And now, let me contradict Fenror. It could work just fine with preselected.

You have two choices the way I see it: Thorough and planned out, or spontaneous is fun. Thorough, plan the mechs and what types they get, spontaneous and fun, who cares? It would work just fine either way, and wouldn't really limit creativity. In fact, it would bring a sense of realism to it, because when was the last time you saw a military issue a design because someone liked it? Sometimes, you ahve to make sacrifices for the sense of realism.

That's my two sense, and just know you do have options.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:00:37 pm »
Or you could go a bit far not to just have mechs and weapons.
We could have money to buy parts of a shop to make our own weapon and mech with limited parts.
Of course with additional stuff on a gun is gonna have a downside so it won't be overpowered.
Maybe we could have a secret hideout for a team of people and a military base of the other set people.
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 09:12:59 pm »
Now im gonna abuse the freedom fenror is giving me by saying if i can have the mech i want whats to stop me from having one like this

So yes  nightshade please let us choose our mechs what could go wrong
And yes that can be controlled from his core. .
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 11:00:49 pm »
No, I stated that Nightshade would have to place limitations on things like that. Plus, I'm sure if you made your profile correctly, that could easily be prevented from being OP, assuming that's what you mean. It just allows for a bit more freedom, and is what I personally would prefer. Blades presented some good points as well, and it just shows Nightshade a bit more detail of the two options he gave us. Either choice is honestly viable, but keep in mind he wanted our opinions, so that's what I gave.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 11:09:23 pm »
Here Let me present you a counter argument Humen: Optimus chansey Prime.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 11:12:15 pm »
And all Nightshade has to do is reject it. XD
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 11:19:13 pm »
Devastator shall devour you all and send the RP into eternal turmoil
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 11:21:20 pm »
Lol, seriously though... no. A GM holds the right to deny any profile, ad if he thinks your robot looks too powerful, he can deny it. You have the power to choose, he has the power to approve.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 12:12:31 am »
Wow i would have never guessed it doesnt say anywhere profiles could be rejected  i guess i just assumed that the creator of an RP had to do whatever I a man who had nothing to o with RP till now said i said with extreme sarcasm

of course i know he can reject it  it wouldn't make any sense if he couldnt

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 12:17:36 am »
Y'know, for a guy who tells me not to crush his dreams, he is being awfully sarcastic. And coming off as someone who has no idea what he is talking about.

If you know he can reject a profile, then why in all of the seven hells do you think he would let that thing past? Nightshade isn't stupid, he's experienced enough to know what is OP. It's no skin off a GM's back to reject an overpowered profile, I know that from experience. So yes, it is viable to choose your own, and for Nightshade to make presets.

So all in all, Nightshade, it's up you. Now I'm going to stop posting here before I honestly become a smart ass.

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 01:02:00 am »
Sarcasm aside...

Thanks for a bit of input. And Vulpix I was thinking of a way to do a shop type thing. Which is kinda why it might be a bit complex.
I want a bit of realism but not to the extent that we are running around in boxes with legs and guns for arms and run around at like 10-20mph max and pretty much drive like a bus. That aside.

The whole reason I would want to preselect mechs. (I understand people like uniqueness.) Is for the fact that it has a more "Military" type theme to it. Even though I don't think anyone would really be in the military possibly. Not sure 100% on how I will allow sides to be chosen. Or do I want it to be a good vs evil and only like a select VERY select few allowed to have a story controlled evil character. In order to help me along with battles and such.

Try not to get mad at each other please I didn't start this to have people attacking each other. xD

on another note.....

What would you guys think about using PO as a source on to do battles with? and copy and paste the results into the RP? Sure it would cause battles to need to be set times of day or w/e. But I think it would keep up the intensity of the fight and make it better in a sense. Give me input on this please. Good or bad.

And yes I will be fully explaining each weapon that will be available. Not sure how I will call damage. Might just do something on the sorts of low medium and high damage. With armor pen or not. Depending on the weapon. For example. A Melee weapon. Which isn't just a sword. Can be a type of spike weapon or something. Does high damage but no armor pen. If hit in a weak spot like joints it would easily take the arm off or something. (Which obviously they will be repairable. I don't want to do a permadeath thing for mechs unless you want your character to die off.)

If anyone can think of any more ideas please share! I will give my comments on it and it possibly might go into the RP :) Thanks everyone for your help

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 01:05:59 am »
I sincerely apologize for interrupting your thread, 'Shade, I never meant to attack anyone.