* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: The Community Roleplay Project  (Read 20545 times)

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Roleplay Project
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:58 pm »
Oh that last one was so directed at Tylan...

Daylin: 35/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 03:19:18 am »
Well, not specifically...

Also, characters are, as of right now, to start off as Renegade. This means they won't start off with magic, and so one of the first events of the RP will have to fix this. Suggestions or ideas?
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 05:59:15 am »
Well following the plot you've set up wouldn't the only way to get magic be to obtain it from Sanctum. But to do that Renegade would have to ambush a  Sanctum convoy with a shipment of mutated genes or raid a Sanctum lab in search of the of the genes. Either way both would be heavily guarded and plenty would die. Then comes the part of finding who can actually be injected with the genes although its obvious it be our RP characters but realistically there's almost no way  of being sure who in renegade unless you make away to do it but that seems a little too convenient.  An easy way to make our characters do it is by having them volunteer or by  forcing them as there is no choice or any more volunteers which is totally possible because if you cant handle the genes it'll kill you.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »
Here's what I propose. All of our characters are Renegade, which means their ancestors were from the UCE, meaning that most of them stemmed from Outcasts, who had the original mutated genes. SO wouldn't they be able to use the genes that were mutated in a similar way that theirs were?
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 03:04:18 am »
just a suggestion.
Since we're talking about magic how about a few classes?
Some that can include all kinds of mixes or just focus on one thing.
A class that can make you better with magic that can heal you and cause destruction.
A class that can only make you summon beast.
That kind of thing.
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 05:51:23 pm »
Well, I'm not sure if classes really fit what we're thinking about doing with magic. Seeing as everyone has their own, unique for of magic, classes may not make that much sense. Everyone, for the most part, will have one main magic, which means that classes that help you to learn other types of magic pointless, as the only way to get other magic is to steal it with the previously mentioned item. I also don't think that magic will be able to summon living creatures.

I also have a few questions and things to talk about:

1. Do you think that there should be a specific posting format? Should everyone have to follow the same guidelines when making a post? For example, say I would make everyone put their character's name at the top of the post, bold, underlined, and italicized, make people post in a paragraph form, but skip a line when putting dialogue, which must be on a line by itself. This could make things easier to follow, but I don't know if it would take away any of the fun. Or, on the other hand, we could keep it like RP's normally do, and your post can look like whatever you wish. It was just a sudden thought I had, and would like opinions.

2. What do you all feel that the character limit should be? Should there even be a limit? Should people only be allowed to have one character, or rather be allowed to have up to a certain amount, like 3 or 4, for example, like most RP's do? I have my own opinion on this, but I want to hear everyone else's first.

3. What about weapons? Should characters be allowed to wield their own weapon that they can infuse with magic, or should they be more restricted to use mainly magic? As a side note, players will use things like guns for some points in the RP, but I'm talking about character specific weapons, such as swords, hammers, bows, etc.

4. Lastly, what about the tournament that was briefly mentioned? Would you rather fight against the other RP'ers and their characters, or a group of NPCs, for say, a pack mutated animals (just an example)?

I'd appreciate all of your thoughts on these things, and, as always, feel free to give any other suggestions or ideas you may have, related to these things or not.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 05:56:51 pm »
1. No. I like to think my posts were organized enough, and I wrote them in an actual story format. Looked more official to me. Keep it the way it was.

2. As much as they can handle, add some kind of test to make sure.

3. Allow the weapons. It would add more of a variety to a fight, and at some points, cause things to get up close and personal.

4. I don't give a damn, but quote the Hunger Games one more time and I won't speak to you again.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 06:41:26 pm »
Personally, I agree with most of those, and, lol, I don't remember quoting the Hunger Games, at least not intentionally. Additionally, I just thought I'd  mention that while this RP will stress for fun, it will also push for quality. Keep the opinions on the four points coming.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 09:20:04 pm »
On the first one  I'd say yes buts that personal because my looked different each time I posted one but that as probably because I was going form my phone.

For the second once again personally i wouldn't want to use more than 2 cause imagine if everyone was using 2 or 3 or however many they could handle stories would get to confusing to follow.

The last two i can put an actual input too for weapons i don't think magic users should use them seems like your giving them to much. Now if the magic users are ever in as situation where they cant use their magic then they definitely need a weapon and if magic users did get weapons it probably use as an amplifier or negator for specific magic like a conducting rod for lighting magic or a shard of glass in the center of a shield to amplify repel light/laser like magic

But for the last one i still think a gladiator type fight would be great cause for one you'd probably be fighting NPCs and mutated animals it also be one of the times where you couldn't use magic and have to use a weapon. Cause if you could use your magic you'd probably use it to escape by breaking a hole in the wall.

Also to the summoning animals remark true you probably cant summon animals but the genes could allow you to excrete a pheromone to attract mutated animals and have them fight for them. So its basically the same thing but the animal would be random unless the character kept one as a pet
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:56:14 pm by Humen »
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 09:50:55 pm »
1. Like you said, specific to you.

2. Stories not that hard if the person does it right, ask Cortex. Gms control a thousand.

3. Everyone will be a wizard, really, so it wouldn't be OP. Realistically, it would make sense for them to carry a weapon.

4. If magic has been around that long, they most likely have ways to build to prevent, otherwise someone could just go blow up their capital.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 12:10:49 am »
I think I've decided that there won't be a post format, so long as you keep your posts looking fairly consistent.

For character amount, it may be unlimited. If over a certain number, you will have to test to be able to use that many.

As for weapons and the tournament, I'll keep ideas open.

And also, Humen, like I just mentioned in this post, they will be tested to ensure that they can handle the number of characters they choose, and if you only want a couple, then you can only have that many. There probably won't be too many situations where magic cannot be used, and weapons add variety as well as strategy. Also, I don't think it would be OP, as trust me on this one, the GM can easily counteract the weapons with other NPCs and such. Magic will be allowed in the tournament, and there would be no breaking out of the arena. Much like Blades said, there is protection against magic. Also, I'm not sure whether or not I'd allow animal attraction either, as you are controlling living creatures other than your character, which is not allowed. Lastly, I don't know whether or not pets will be allowed. It hasn't been discussed yet.

EDIT: Depending on the progress we make here, and when I can get in touch with Nex, the RP may be open within 2-3 weeks. Due to the long profiles and testing, there will probably be a one week period in which we will accept profiles.

Also, I've decided to open up suggestions for this to everyone here, although Nex and I will still develop it. So, any ideas for the level up/skill system?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:25:28 am by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 04:05:30 am »
Well thier is always the classic evolution  tree of a base set of moves at a certain point for the GM to decide. Ex: if the mage knew a fire magic he could shoot shoot fire from just 1 hand that could level to flamethrower to shoot from both his hands at a wider radius then that could go to using dragon fire which would be breathing fire and at the evolution of flamethrower he could learn to use it for flight by shooting it out his feet and hands. Then after awhile learn another move like heat vision or fire ball and those get a form of leveling.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 04:37:11 am »
While yes, that's cool, it's a little more complicated. I want to do something a little different. You see, in being able to create your own magic, it isn't right if I just say, "Oh, you can only do this right now, even though you created all of this stuff."
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 04:40:38 am »
I guess i should consider my suggestions from another viewpoint

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 04:49:50 am »
Many of your suggestions are great, and I have used some of them, but maybe think of it like this: what can we do that's different? What's something that likely hasn't been done before? There are really no wrong answers.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100