* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Left in the dark  (Read 13973 times)

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
Re: Left in the dark
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 01:35:33 PM »
I use Paint for pixelart, but the newer version tends to sometimes have the glitch of putting what you try to draw about 9 pixels from the point where your mouse is.
The perks of GIMP is that you can work on seperate layers so your sprites won't get ruined if you want to try something out and it's easy to make everything transperent in the end.

Also, it should be possible to PM me right now.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 05:12:47 PM »
i use paint.Net and Photoshop, microsoft paint is irritating
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 07:01:59 PM »
I don't mind if you use photoshop. But hands off the Airbrush/brush tool.
Just keep yourself limited to the eraser, pencil, and bucketfill tool.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »
the brush tools where almost the only reason i used photoshop ;~; mostly to easily merge colors.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »
the brush tools where almost the only reason i used photoshop ;~; mostly to easily merge colors.

Indeed, but it makes it digital art instead of actual pixel art. The reason why most games are pixel-art is due to the lack of space there was so there was a limited amount of colours you could use. Sprites are usually small too so every little pixel can change the way a sprite looks. =)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 10:35:34 PM »
Well, photoshop should is still nice (I don't have it, but I doubt it's bad) since if you plan you drawing, you can experiment with a lot of nifty tools and adjust a lot of settings for your own fitting. But GIMP is free software and I personally preferred the 2.7 verison (I think it was 2.7.2). I don't quite like the way that all your brush/pencil/eraser/etc get the same size when you change the size of any single of them. Sometimes, I like having a big brush and a small eraser for refining, but because of this, I keep having to readjust the size each time :-\

Although, I've been liking PaintToolSai a lot recently :) It's more of a drawing tool with the available soft brushes and textures you can add-on separately, granted, but there's the binary pen for pixelling too! Though, like photoshop, it's not free, well unless you get a cracked english copy.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 12:37:17 AM »
photoshop cs2 is free for everyone adobe gave it away

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 01:28:10 AM »
What and after all that trouble i went though to get cs6. >:I

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 07:06:54 AM »
Oh, there's a photoshop in that package as well? I did got it I think a few hours after it became free but didn't get the time to look what was inside xD
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...