* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Left in the dark  (Read 13837 times)

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Left in the dark
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:17:21 pm »
Hey Guys,

I've noticed that in the last few months status updates of any kind from the PU team have been scarce to non-existent. Now, before anyone rages at me for posting this I want to just say that I have total faith in the PU team and I completely understand the length of time these things take. As a developer myself I know just how long a project of this magnitude can take.

With that being said, I am a firm believer in transparency and that is something I have not seen a lot of recently. I've actually had friends that used to follow the games progress quite closely ask if the PU team cancelled the project.

So I pose the following questions to all of you GD goers:

1 - Are there updates on development that I am just not find? If so, where can I find them.
2 - Is there development being done currently or is it on hold for the time being?
3 - Would you guys like a more regular update on the progress of the game?

Of course if you guys think I'm crazy you can tell me that too. =)

Thanks for reading everyone.
Halagren

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
Re: Left in the dark
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:41:58 pm »
The main point is the big lack of artists which makes the progress really slow.
We got one artist working on the entire tileset for the game. Three on paperdolls.

and we still need vector artists for the battle sprites.

I've been trying to advertise on various websites for pixelartists willingly to volunteer. Never really got answer anywhere.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:03:39 pm »
Like Yuki said, if we get more pixel artists who can make quality environment stuff like building (interior and exterior) then we can get things back on track. But since the guy who does that is not active anymore, things have become slow.

So you're not actually left in the dark, there's just nothing to report.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:20:37 pm »
Thanks for the response guys. =) That is understandable for sure. I actually know a few people who used to do pixel art on their spare time so I am going to ask and see if they have any availability to do some stuff for you guys.

Fingers crossed!
Halagren

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:31 am »
Hmm I guese ill try to find one as well.

Is there some sort of special program pixel art is made on by the way? I would love to fool around with it.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 02:13:01 am »
I'd love to do pixel art but I've only got the faintest idea of what it is. I imagine it has something to do with drawing programs.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 02:17:52 am »
Pixel art can be done on quite a few programs such as paint, gimp, photo shop, etc.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 02:35:49 am »
Then I have done it before but only for single objects
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 07:01:51 am »
Ye I am not all that sure were to begin honestly.  :-[

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 08:17:08 am »
I started as a pixelartist by making simple edits on Pokémon sprites by making fusions.
I was a terrible pixelartist at first but a lot of constructive critisism and a lot of practise made me to the pixelartist I am today. I'm not the best out there, but rather than be discouraged by amazing pixelarist they just become the next goal I want to surpass.

And most importantly, I do it because I find it fun to make pixelart. ~

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 08:59:53 am »

Same here, I'm pretty much jobless and have more than my fair share of free time so if there was some kind of like training module or something to show me I would love to do this kind of stuff. If there's a link or anything anywhere for a program or even a video to show like what it's about I wouldn't mind participating, I do have my own laptop now so I can do what I can.

I will add that I can be trained (much like a Pokemon) if one of the pixel-people is willing to help me along.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:13:19 am by Pokemaster MAC »
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 09:53:09 am »

Same here, I'm pretty much jobless and have more than my fair share of free time so if there was some kind of like training module or something to show me I would love to do this kind of stuff. If there's a link or anything anywhere for a program or even a video to show like what it's about I wouldn't mind participating, I do have my own laptop now so I can do what I can.

I will add that I can be trained (much like a Pokemon) if one of the pixel-people is willing to help me along.

Oh there are many ways to practise, one of the most popular ways is by editing existing official pokémon sprites. A few examples:

- Recolouring helps you understand what colourscemes would fit together.
- Revamping can help practising shading.
- Merging two sprites together into a new kind of pokémon helps you understand anatomy.
- Reposing... Well, helps you with coming up with poses for sprites. ~
- Scratching is the real deal, this is free style where no parts of any pokémon are used and is entirely based on your own imagination.

I know it doesn't have much to do with tilesets, but it does learn the basics of pixel art. I'd be glad to help out training pixelartists. So PM me if you want anything rated you've made, or create a topic in the art section. =)

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 10:01:08 am »

Oh there are many ways to practise, one of the most popular ways is by editing existing official pokémon sprites. A few examples:

- Merging two sprites together into a new kind of pokémon helps you understand anatomy.
- Scratching is the real deal, this is free style where no parts of any pokémon are used and is entirely based on your own imagination.

I know it doesn't have much to do with tilesets, but it does learn the basics of pixel art. I'd be glad to help out training pixelartists. So PM me if you want anything rated you've made, or create a topic in the art section. =)

I tried sending a PM about which programs might be used, or which ones you work with Yuki, but it was blocked I guess for whatever reason.
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

zylonnick

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 10:07:30 am »

I tried sending a PM about which programs might be used, or which ones you work with Yuki, but it was blocked I guess for whatever reason.

Paint or GIMP, or so I've heard.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 10:09:03 am »
Just downloaded GIMP, seeing about how to work this stuff xD