* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [OOCC] The Outcasts  (Read 19928 times)

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
[OOCC] The Outcasts
« on: May 16, 2013, 02:46:58 AM »
All out of character chat for The Outcasts RP will take place here.

*Many more details will be revealed as the beginning of the RP draws closer. Just the basics are posted for now. There will be a 1-2 week period in which profiles are accepted and tests are conducted. The RP was put out so early to give people time to work on their profiles before starting. We have many more details than are shown here. Just be patient, and they will be revealed.

GM: Fenror
Sub-GM: 9Nexalas6

The Factions of the Land

Several different nations and factions reside within Africa. The currently known ones are:

-Sanctum: A luxurious utopia run by the religious 13 Overrulers of the Great Council. Sanctum was at one time running low on natural resources, but thanks to its acquisition of the UCE, it is now more prosperous than ever.

-UCE: Originally stood for the United Citizens of Earth, the UCE was full of those who opposed Sanctum, yet had no war with the utopia. Because of their abundance of resources, they were taken over by Sanctum, who still treats the UCE as if it has nothing to do with the now poor country. Sanctum's government forces the residents of the UCE, who are not allowed to leave their nation, to work hard shifts and long hours to produce resources for its dictating utopia for little pay.

-Renegade: A rebellious organization that stemmed from those who were able to escape Sanctum's attack on the UCE. They oppose Sanctum and all of its magic users, and are preparing a plan to take down the Great Council and liberate the UCE.

The Land

The RP takes place in a future, semi-developed post-apocalyptic Africa. This continent is a unique one, containing dry deserts, barren nuclear wastelands, the poor slums of the UCE, the luxurious utopia of Sanctum; this is a diverse region, with many different inhabitants to match the geography of the land. Due to the nuclear radiation, many of the region's animals have become mutated and dengerous predators.

Magic

A select few people, when given modified, mutated genes, can use special powers known as magic. These people are known as casters. This magic varies from user to user, and, much like DNA, is not the same in any two people. Magic encompasses a whole variety of types, but cannot directly boost the physical qualities of the user, heal injuries, or control other living beings. As magic is used, the caster becomes a bit weaker, as the effectiveness of the magic greatly lessens as well. For most magic users, the only way to regenerate this depleted mana is to rest. For more experienced casters, an almost infinite number of ways can be used to regenerate mana. A risky, super-powered magic attack, called a Mana Surge, can be released by a caster, but it usually comes with great drawbacks.

Time Changes
This is a list of all the different time changes that a standard 24 hour day (RP time, not real world time) is broken up into, along with the approximate time that the time change takes place in.  It will make referencing things like mana regeneration time much easier. Note that in some "time lapse" cases in the RP, a time change or two might be skipped, for example, going straight from morning to night, without us playing through the afternoon. The afternoon has still occurred, we just would not have played through it.

1. Twilight (2:00 A.M.-5:00 A.M.)
2. Dawn (5:00 A.M.-6:30 A.M.)
3. Early Morning (6:30 A.M.-10:00 A.M.)
4. Late Morning (10:00 A.M.- 12:00 P.M.)
5. Afternoon (12:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M.)
6. Evening (5:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.)
7. Dusk (7:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M.)
8. Night (9:00-12:00 A.M.)
9. Midnight (12:00 A.M.-2:00 A.M.)

Experience, Upgrading, and Leveling Up

Upon defeating most enemies, you will gain a level, as well as an Upgrade Point (UP). UP can then be spent on an upgrade tree to gain many different benefits to your character and magic. Every so many levels, a new section of the chain is unlocked for you to purchase upgrades from. Once the first character reaches the required level, it will be unlocked for everyone to see. You must have purchased at least two upgrades from the previous section, as well as meet the required level, to purchase upgrades from the next level.

UNLOCKED AT START

(5UP): Mana Cost -5% (You've learned to be more efficient with your mana, and can cast more magic before running out.) Leon, Celine
(5UP):  Mana Cost -5%
(10UP): Weapon Upgrade (Allows magic user to infuse their weapon with their magical power to increase melee damage for a short period of time)

UNLOCKED AT LEVEL 15

??

UNLOCKED AT LEVEL 50

??

UNLOCKED AT LEVEL 90

??

UNLOCKED AT LEVEL 110

??

The RP Calendar
Many deadlines and events, such as official RP debugs will take place as the RP goes on. All important dates and times will be posted here.
*ALL TIMES ARE BASED ON THE US CENTRAL TIME ZONE!

-Saturday, May 25: RSVP For Pre-RP Debug Deadline
-Monday, May 27; 12:00 Noon: Profiles Turn-In Deadline
-Tuesday, May 28; Time TBA: Pre-RP Debug
-Wednesday, May 29: Start of RP
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:10:12 AM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [OOCC] The Outcasts
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 04:11:06 AM »
I don't have my full profile up yet, but for those of you that might have been wondering how detailed it needs to be, here is just the name section from one of my character's profile.

Name: Leon Haruko. He was orphaned as a child and never actually had a first name until he made one for himself, and until that point everyone called him Haruko. He crept away from the UCE orphanage at a young age, determined not to be doomed to the fate of the others that lived in the poor nation, and on his journey, he came in contact with a lone, wounded lion, a powerful animal thought to be nearly extinct. Using techniques he learned from an old, ridiculed shaman while he had lived in the UCE, Leon had nursed the Lion back to health and began to tame it. One day, out in the wild, young Haruko and his Lion were attacked by a pack of mutated animals. They were able to fend the beasts off, but the injuries the lion received were too severe to heal, and it eventually died. Haruko, consumed with feelings he never had before, took off in an unknown direction, where he eventually ended up with the Renegade. When they asked what his name was, he told them that it was Leon, deciding to call himself after the lion that indirectly led him to the safety of the Renegade.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:47:30 AM »
It's a nice little story the info for the characters gonna take me awhile got alot of thinking to do.
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »
It should take you a while, or longer, at least, than most profiles, as it is longer than most profiles skeletons and requires far more details. On that note, a heads up to everyone that for most people, it is likely that there profile will be rejected the first time, as I find it probable that many of you jus won't have enough information. It won't be your fault, as these profiles are some of the most complex I've seen around. It's all part of the process, though, so don't get discouraged, once you send in your profile, if it gets rejected, I will provide you witth feedback on what needs to be fixed. Jus remember, the sooner I get profiles in, the sooner we'll be able to fix them, and that's the sooner the RP will start.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 03:54:50 AM »
Much like in the KH RP, I will, as GM, double post if I have something different and important to say than my previous post. This ensures that everyone sees my notifications, and doesn't just miss out on an edit. Please don't double post just because I do it, though. Also, I've honestly no idea who else is interested in joining the RP. If any of you know of others that intend on joining, or if you aren't on the following list and plan on joining, I would like it if you let me know as soon as you can, just so I have a good indication of how many people/profiles we will have, especially in planning some of the finer details. So here's who I have so far, along with their expected number of profiles. You don't have to give me the number of profiles if you don't want, but it would be nice. It is perfectly fine if you change the number of profiles you actually include, it is just an estimate, an expectation. Anyway, the list:

Fenror: 4 Profiles
9Nexalas6: 3 Profiles
Soul358: 1 Profile
Meowth: # Unknown
Humen: 3 Profiles
Vulpix_47: # Unknown

Remeber, don't feel obligated to have a certain number of profiles because other people do. Do what YOU want. I'm hoping at least a few more RP'ers will join, but we'll just have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:30:33 AM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »
I'm going to type up a profile just for the practice, send it to you to get approved Fenror, and then not join. Heads up.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 07:48:56 AM »
Ok, sounds good.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
Hey what are the other ranks cuaae the only one I can think of is recruit.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »
It would be normal military ranks, or you could just describe your standing within the. Renegade, not putting an actual title. Also, Jerry has approved the RP.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 01:20:26 PM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »
I have some important information for everyone, which I will add to the first post afterwards. When your mana runs out, your character can still cast his/her most basic forms of magic, although it will be slightly weaker than normal. Lost mana can't regenerate while you are casting spells, though. Additionally, emptied mana, as of when our characters first get magic in the RP, will take a total of 24 hours to restore. You cannot use your mana until it has fully regenerated, though, so if you run out of mana at, let's say, during the evening time in the RP, you cannot use anything but your basic spells until (which slow the regen process) until the time changes back to or past evening again. The mana regeneration time can be sped up with UP. Does that all make sense to everyone?

Also, I'll put on the first post here a list of all the different time changes that will take place in the RP. It will make referencing things like mana regeneration time much easier. Note that in some "time lapse" cases in the RP, a time change or two might be skipped, for example, going straight from morning to night, without us playing through the afternoon. The afternoon has still occurred, we just would not have played through it.

EDIT:
My first of 4 profiles is up on the profiles section, in case any of you need an example of what to put for any section.

EDIT 2:

Also, I suggest that you all get Skype if you can. Every now and then, even before the RP starts, I will hold official RP debugs. Participation may grant you a couple of bonus UP.

I know these profiles take long to complete, but I would love if most of you could get the first draft to me sometime this weekend. Most profiles will likely not be accepted the first time, and remember, we still have testing to do, so if we want this RP to start soon, please do your best to have the profiles in by this weekend. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:04:44 AM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »
I'm a little interested in joining (can't promise that I'll be able to RP long, life's just taken another hectic turn), but I'm a little curious. With the Outcasts, are they all simply humans, with magic abilities? Or, are they  able to be...phyisically mutated?
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »
Fenror, y'know what, f*ck it, I'm thinking of joining. So, go ahead and count a single profile from me in, 'kay? Just, don't expect me to, like, take responsibility or charge in your absence. That's all Nex.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:32:22 PM by The-Blades-slave »

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 02:31:09 AM »
lol, I should have bet money this was happening. And yes, Nex still has say over you XD
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 04:54:46 AM »
I said I was thinking about it. Don't put a guarantee on it.

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 05:17:15 AM »
jeez these profiles take awhile to do i just only finished my first one
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.