* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Smeargle Pokedex Entrie  (Read 6649 times)

Offline rajlev

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Smeargle Pokedex Entrie
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:00:26 pm »
Pokemon #235, Smeargle, Normal type, Painter pokemon

Average Weight: 127.9 lbs.
Average Height: 3'11"   
   Intro
These pokemon are well known for their natural ability as a painter and their ability to use the move Sketch, which allows them to copy the last move used by other pokemon. Smeargle is a bipedal Pokémon with soft white and brown fur. It has a long tail with an end resembling a paintbrush. Their upper head is shaped like a beret resembling those worn by French artists. It has floppy, brown ears and a brown collar on its neck. The rings encircling Smeargle's eyes are also brown, as are Smeargle’s eyelids. Its arms have two brown bands, and its legs have only one. When they reach maturity, they let its comrade plant its footprint on its back.

Diet

Smeargle is a herbivorous pokemon which feeds on fresh berries and some fruits that grow near caves and water.

Habitat
Smeargle mainly inhabit caves and the surrounding area, so as not to be disturbed when they paint. Sometimes they are seen close to the big cities, and are naturally drawn towards locations with a great view, as this gives them inspiration for their best paintings.

Biology

In his tail fluids are produced that allow him to mark his territory. The color of the fluids change with their mood swings. They live in groups and most of the time they live their whole life in the same group. Sometimes groups or Smeargle run rampant while marking entire cities as their territories. In such cases, the city often ends up covered in many layers of paint.

Smeargle is a normal type pokemon, that can learn almost any attack by using his Sketch move only after watching another pokemon use it. They are usually peacefull and don't like to fight if it's not necessary. This is why you won't ever find a wild Smeargle that knows any move other than sketch.
Smeargle is unique in its ability to learn every move in the Pokemon world by copying it with the move Sketch. Smeargle with all sorts of interesting and powerful movesets can be found all over the world. Some trainers have made it a challenge to have Smeargle learn the most powerful moves usually exclusive to legendary pokemon. Such Smeargle, with for example Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, V-Create and Psycho Boost, are extremely rare and very expensive.

Pokemon League Commission notes

Despite the difficulty of finding one in the wild, this pokemon has been categorize as a Class D Pokemon under the Endangered Pokemon Act. Under this classification, this pokemon are allowed to be caught in the wild, with no limited quantities. However is forbidden to sell their paintings without autorization from the Pokemon Art Committee.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:06:02 am by rajlev »

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Smeargle Pokedex Entrie
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:49:52 pm »
You may want to look over this again. There are a lot of grammatical and spelling errors that need to be corrected.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:01:26 am »
Good starting entry. Work on the grammar and  remove the great artist thing, unless that is what they in fact do. Use bulbapedia as a reference.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline rajlev

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:01:36 am »
ok... the only thing is that im not good at gramar...  :-\ but i will try my best!

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:04:40 pm »
Would you like me to help you with the grammar? I can make suggestions for improvements without changing your authentic writing style :)

Offline rajlev

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 03:37:34 pm »
sure that could help me a lot!

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 06:34:39 pm »
Alright so this is the corrected version of what you wrote. I also added some of my own stuff (in Italics) because I'm actually quite fond of Smeargle:

Pokemon #235, Smeargle, Normal type, Painter pokemon

These pokemon are well known for their natural ability as a painter and their ability to use the move Sketch, which allows them to copy the last move used by other pokemon. Smeargle is a bipedal Pokémon with soft white and brown fur. It has a long tail with an end resembling a paintbrush. Their upper head is shaped like a beret resembling those worn by French artists. It has floppy, brown ears and a brown collar on its neck. The rings encircling Smeargle's eyes are also brown, as are Smeargle’s eyelids. Its arms have two brown bands, and its legs have only one. When they reach maturity, they let its comrade plant its footprint on its back.

Diet

Smeargle is a herbivorous pokemon which feeds on fresh berries and some fruits that grow near caves and water.

Habitat

Smeargle mainly inhabit caves and the surrounding area, so as not to be disturbed when they paint. Sometimes they are seen close to the big cities, and are naturally drawn towards locations with a great view, as this gives them inspiration for their best paintings.

Biology

In his tail fluids are produced that allow him to mark his territory. The color of the fluids change with their mood swings. They live in groups and most of the time they live their whole life in the same group. Sometimes groups or Smeargle run rampant while marking entire cities as their territories. In such cases, the city often ends up covered in many layers of paint.

Smeargle is a normal type pokemon, that can learn almost any attack by using his Sketch move only after watching another pokemon use it. They are usually peacefull and don't like to fight if it's not necessary. This is why you won't ever find a wild Smeargle that knows any move other than sketch.
Smeargle is unique in its ability to learn every move in the Pokemon world by copying it with the move Sketch. Smeargle with all sorts of interesting and powerful movesets can be found all over the world. Some trainers have made it a challenge to have Smeargle learn the most powerful moves usually exclusive to legendary pokemon. Such Smeargle, with for example Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, V-Create and Psycho Boost, are extremely rare and very expensive.

Pokemon League Commission notes

Despite the difficulty of finding one in the wild, this pokemon has been categorize as a Class D Pokemon under the Endangered Pokemon Act. Under this classification, this pokemon are allowed to be caught in the wild, with no limited quantities. However is forbidden to sell their paintings without autorization from the Pokemon Art Committee.

I'm sorry if I took over your post too much. I got carried away a bit with adding information.
I have to say, your information was mostly very good! Please keep posting, and if you like I'll keep helping you with your entries like this :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:41:22 pm by fuzzy3158 »

Offline rajlev

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 04:49:41 am »
i really love the changes you did! its awesome, i will try to keep on posting more entries but i have been to busy... well i think everybody is... but thanks... i think with the corrections you did the entrie is complete...

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 11:27:28 am »
You're very welcome. You should modify your original message and copy/paste the final version in to make it official ;)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 07:20:05 pm »
Since I helped improve this, and I'm now a mod (go me :P), this entry is officially approved :)