* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Tauros  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Tauros
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:16:37 PM »
Approved by Xetroc

#128 Tauros (The Wild Bull Pokemon), Normal Type

Average weight: 194.9 lbs
Average height: 4'07"

Intro

Tauros are classified as violent, mammalian quadrupeds with three tails. They use these tails to whip themselves into a frenzy and won't stop until they hit something or exhaust themselves. Only male Tauros have ever been found though they are known to breed with Miltank. They tend to lock horns when fighting each other.

Diet

Tauros are herbivores that graze on various grasses and other plants.

Habitat

Tauros mostly live in wide open plains where they gather in herds. There, they are able to rage freely without thought to damaging things. They are also raised on large farms by humans.

Biology

Tauros are hooved Pokemon covered in light-brown fur with a thick, dark-brown mane on their neck. They have a pair of curved horns on their heads that they use for battling and for show along with 3 round, hard points that help take impacts. Their trademark feature is their three tails, each ending in a fluff of grey fur.

Tauros battle by using physical attacks like Tackle and Horn Attack because of their strong, fast bodies. Like other Normal-type Pokemon, Tauros is also able to use special attacks like Flamethrower by tapping into a mysterious organ that is present in many other Normal-type species.

Pokemon League Commission Notes

Because this Pokemon is very common and in no danger of extinction the PLC has classified Tauros as a Class D Pokemon; no limits on capture and use for battling.

This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. Any help and critique is welcome! :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:20:50 PM by Xetroc »

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Tauros
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »
Very well done, Sazaraki.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:54:38 AM »
I must say, I'm impressed. I'm going to go ahead and approve this. And give it my official seal of approval. Later on, I'll add it to the generated list.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 01:32:47 AM »
Wow thanks guys, I didn't think it was all that great haha. I'll probably do more from time to time when I have some spare time.

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 02:02:09 AM »
I like the entry, but I'd add something about the Safari Zone in the capture and habitat parts. I'd personally add something about the contrast of Tauros being a indeginous species in the Kanto region, although the Safari Zone is the only area where they can be caught. Since the Safari Zone is regulated by people, this may say something about the nature of the Tauros in Kanto, perhaps they originate from another regio? I like speculations like this ;)

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 02:41:12 AM »
I like the entry, but I'd add something about the Safari Zone in the capture and habitat parts. I'd personally add something about the contrast of Tauros being a indeginous species in the Kanto region, although the Safari Zone is the only area where they can be caught. Since the Safari Zone is regulated by people, this may say something about the nature of the Tauros in Kanto, perhaps they originate from another regio? I like speculations like this ;)

I'm trying to leave specific locations out of my entries since I don't know how the story for PU will be. I wanted them to just be general. Tauros have been in at least three regions, Kanto, Johto, and Kalos. Two of those they were in normal locations.

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »

I'm trying to leave specific locations out of my entries since I don't know how the story for PU will be. I wanted them to just be general. Tauros have been in at least three regions, Kanto, Johto, and Kalos. Two of those they were in normal locations.
[/quote]

Oh that's actually a really good point.