* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Magcargo  (Read 6384 times)

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Magcargo
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:43:28 AM »
#219 Magcargo (The Lava Pokemon), Fire/Rock Type

Average weight: 121.3 lbs
Average height: 2'07"

Intro

Magcargo is the evolved form of Slugma.  Magcargo is a snail-like Pokemon made of magma. Magcargo's internal body temperature can reach 10,000 degrees Celsius causing it to vaporize water on contact. Magcargo live for thousands of years as long as they continually re-supply themselves with magma.

Diet

Magcargo consume minerals to survive. They are also able to incorporate magma and lava into their bodies for healing.

Habitat

Magcargo live on mountains and in volcanoes close to magma so they can keep themselves hot at all times. They lead groups of Slugma and weaker Magcargo.

Biology

Magcargo's body is almost entirely made of liquid magma. However, unlike their pre-evolution Slugma, they also sport a round shell made of hardened magma. This shell can be easily broken but can also be easily reformed by dipping themselves in magma. When the shell is broken, Magcargo actually becomes faster.  Their shell also leaks jets of hot flame in random locations. Magcargo are otherwise very similar to Slugma. They also have no limbs and instead slither on the ground making them very slow. They gain an extra magma drop on each side of their mouth and still have the same magma-resistant eyes. However, Magcargo's eyes very rarely don't melt when they die and can be sold on the black market for very high prices. It is thought if a Magcargo dies protecting their trainer or a Slugma under their care their eyes will remain intact. Magcargo are usually very docile but might lash out in anger if a Slugma under their care is hurt. They use the heat produced by their magma to produce powerful fire attacks and are also capable of using Rock and Poison-type attacks. Being a fully evolved Pokemon, they are also able to learn Hyper Beam and other similar moves.

Pokemon League Commission Notes

Because this Pokemon is the evolved form of another Pokemon and is rare in the wild the PLC has classified Magcargo as a Class B Pokemon; limited capture allowance but no restrictions for use in battle. The selling of Magcargo eyes is a federal offense punishable by 10-20 years in prison.

Magcargo is very similar to Slugma so not much is different.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:08:16 AM by Sazaraki »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Magcargo
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:05:51 AM »
I may actually change a few things here. It's to similar. Give me a few and I'll post the ones I said I would post so everyone can have a good idea where to go with evolutions.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 01:56:49 AM »
i'll agree with the part where you say it's too similar. It's not bad, but this entry does not feel like it adds anything to the slugma entry. I had to actually look for the part about the shell.

Uhm anyways, I just wanted to ask about the catching classification. Is a pokemon being an evolved form enough of a reason to limit the catching? If the pokemon is rare, this rarity should be enough to naturally regulate the catching. However I came up with the next snippet of text that you might want to add:

"Since Magcargo is an evolved pokemon, a class B has bee issued to limit their capture. Since evolved pokemon tend to hold an alpha role in the natural population, special care has to be taken when catching them, since the sudden dissappearance of a leading pokemon can cause a population of pokemon to fall into chaos. Internal struggles and fights for leadership may happen, which are detrimental to the population of the pokemon. "

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 02:44:03 AM »
That's fine Xetroc! I knew it was very similar. I like your sentence fuzzy!

I re-wrote the entire biology section from scratch this time instead of copy-pasting it from Slugma.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:08:55 AM by Sazaraki »

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »
I'm going to be looking into this one a bit more. Probably needs some work before approval is possible.