* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Mamoswine  (Read 3287 times)

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Mamoswine
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »
#473 Mamoswine (The Twin Tusk Pokemon), Ice/Ground Type

Average weight: 641.5 lbs
Average height: 8'02"

Intro

Mamoswine is a Mammoth boar pokemon. It is known to be able to endure almost anything. The oldest specimen to date was found encased in ice, still alive after 10,000 years.

Diet

Mamoswine is a herbivore. Its diet consists mainly of Grass and sedges, which were supplemented with herbaceous plants, shrubs, and tree matter. It is believed they once had a trunk to help them eat, but as their environment became more war-like the trunk was replaced with large tusks.

Habitat

Mamoswine generally live near the base of frozen mountains, where it is cold, but not enough to threaten their food source. they generally travel in herds of 10-20, though the herds mainly consist of Swinub and Piloswine. There are generally only 1-2 Mamoswine in each herd, the leaders and protectors of their group.

Biology

Unlike its previous evolutions, Mamoswine has a large pair of tusks. These tusk are made of ice, and are generally smaller on females of this species. This creature is often used on rescue missions into the mountains, as it is capable of carrying a great burden and can ferry its trainer across terrain otherwise impossible to pass.

It has a thick layer of fat that helps it survive against harsh weather, and enormous strength; due to this, its only natural enemies are Beartic and herds of Weavile. Beartic are known to prey on unevolved Swinub and Piloswine that lag behind the pack, and herds of Weavile have been reported to have felled a lone Mamoswine.

Pokemon League Commission Notes

Due to this pokemons rarity and status as pack leader in the wild, this pokemon has been categorized as a class B under the Endangered Pokemon Act. Under this categorization, this pokemon is obtainable through evolution, with very few in the wild. It is allowed in battle, but the rules on catching the creature are very situational. The hunting of this pokemon is strictly forbidden, and punishable by 100,000 goldz and 15-20 years in prison.

Roloc made me post this. Was written late at night in an attempt to break my writer's block, sorry it blows.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:57:14 PM by The-Blades-slave »

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Mamoswine
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:05:47 PM »
Looks great. I like the details about the herd movement and their known enemy's in the wild.

Good job
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:57 PM »

Roloc made me post this. Was written late at night in an attempt to break my writer's block, sorry it blows.

This is actually quite good. I like it a lot. I do wonder about packs of Weavile, since Sneasel's method of evolution is quite troublesome, but apart from that, this is high quality work. Very well written too.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 11:14:44 PM »
Excellent entry. Despite what you think about it, this is high quality work. Approved.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword