* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Growlithe by Triloog  (Read 4731 times)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Growlithe by Triloog
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:36:15 pm »
Written by Triloog

Pokemon #58, Growlithe, Fire Type, Puppy Pokemon.

Intro:
Growlithe is a medium-sized canine Pokémon. Most of his fur is orange, but the fur on his head, belly and tail is cream-colored. This fur is also longer. He has black stripes on his back, the front of his front paws, and the back of his hind paws. It has a black nose, a pink tongue and round ears. When Growlithe becomes older, two sharp, pointy teeth appear. His front paws have two claws and his back paws have three toes. There have also been sightings of yellow Growlithes. This is because the genetic code for orange became damaged in early foetal stages. Instead of orange, this resulted in a less warm, yellow color.
Growlithe is a Pokémon that is very friendly and loyal towards its trainer. It will protect him and its territory, and will go up against nearly any opponents for this cause, in any way it can think of. Hiding and waiting for Growlithe to go away will not be an option, since Growlithe can detect these foes with his amazing sense of smell. The relationship between a Growlithe and a trainer is often easygoing, since Growlithe are very obedient Pokémon.

Diet:
Growlithe originate from carnivorous ancestors. Living closely to men, they adapted their eating pattern, switching from carnivorous to omnivorous. They will happily eat anything their trainer feeds them. Meat and none-meat leftovers are a nice treat for Growlithes. In the wild, Growlithes are often encountered with berries, especially Rawst berries. Scientists used to think that Growlithes liked these berries best. Further research refutes this theory. Growlithes carry berries to help other Pokemon. Growlithes are very teritorial, but when they win the battle and their territorium is acknowledged, they are very helpful and even help former opponents from their burned status.

Habitat:
Domesticated Growlithes are often found near humans, in cities and villages. In the wild, Growlithes are found near human-made structures such as buildings and roads. The territories of Growlithe are quite big.

Biology:
A domesticated Growlithe is friendly, very loyal and very protective. It tries to intimidate opponents or makes them less dangerous by hindering them with moves like Attract or Swagger. The attack types it uses are mostly fire and normal, but Growlithe can use other move types. Typical moves are Flamethrower and Return. The better the relationship between Growlithe and his trainer, the better Growlithe can protect him.  They also have a relatively high attack and special attack and are skilled at using these in battle. Growlithe makes a great pet and can become a great police dog when trained properly. Their good sense of smell can be very helpful. Bonds between Growlithe and humans go back ages.
Growlithe in the wild have a big territorium. The males protect the territoriy, while the females take care of the children. Since their territory is so big, it is not uncommon for Growlithes to protect it in packs. As this pack behaviour is more likely to put a strain on male numbers, evolutionary, this resulted in a male/female ratio of 3:1.  This is why there have been more encounters with male Growlithes than with females. Because of their big territory, there are often too few territories for all the Growlithe in an area, even when packs are taken into account. Growlithes without a territory of their own often search for new places or new chances to gain a territory. When a Growlithe has no territory of its own, the bond beween human and Growlithe often attracts them to roads and civilization. Growlithes share the same niche with Vulpix, and are rarely seen at the same time in the same place. Scientists think that the territorial behavior of Growlithe causes the Vulpix to flee. When Growlithe leaves the area for a longer amount of time, Vulpix may reclaim the niche.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Growlithe is a Class C Pokemon under the PLC guidelines. It is a semi rare Pokemon. Growlithe can be found in the wild, but since they’re very territorial, it is recommended to look whether you could see a female Growlithe and children nearby. If that is the case, pursuit is not recommended. Growlithes with families are extremely territorial. It is seen as animal cruelty to interrupt these families, and dangerous for the trainers themselves. There have been several notifications of aggression by Growlithe protecting their territory. Growlithes without a territoriy may be caught at will.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:55:43 pm by fuzzy3158 »

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Growlithe by Triloog
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »
Sorry that it became so long...
I guess I was a bit overenthusiastic. :P

If you want me to make it shorter, give me a call/reply.
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 05:32:33 pm »
Work on the bio a bit. You placed a few points, but never explained them.

As for the class, it's a little repetitive, and does not sound official.

Use this method:

Intro: Observation- What it looks like. Short theories/known uses for body parts or coloring.

Diet: Self explanatory

Habitat: Self explanatory. Ok to use anime references, not ok to use real world references. General areas are prefered( Mountains, grasslands, etc.)

Bio: Theories explained. Known uses explained. Think scientific for this one.

Class: Explained in entries post

These should help you with your entry, and I apologize for being so late to respond.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 07:48:04 pm »
this still needs work so I'm unlocking it.