* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Lugia  (Read 3395 times)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Lugia
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:16:28 PM »
Pokemon #249, Lugia, Psychic/Flying type, Diving pokemon.

Lugia. Guardian of the Seas, Balancer of the Elements, Bringer of Storms and Dweller under the Waves. Lugia is known by many titles, and many of these tell a tale about its awesome powers. Lugia is a large silver-white, blue and dark purple pokemon. It has a streamlined body, made for aero- and hydrodynamic movement. Lugia has two large, white wings with appendages that are similar to fingers. It has 10 black, platelike protrusions on its back which it can withdraw or extend depending on the situation. Lugia has a beak-like mouth, two dark purple extensions from its eyes, and two dark purple spikes on its long white tail.

Habitat: Rarely observed, no particular population of Lugia was ever discovered to dwell anywhere. Individual Lugia are rarely found in oceanic caverns by blessed trainers.

Diet: Although no records of Lugia’s diet exist, it is hypothesized that Lugia consumes fish, as it is the only viable source of protein available on the ocean-floor.

Biology: Lugia has tremendous power and control over the weather. It is able to summon hurricanes with a flap of its wings. These storms are said to last for 40 days according to legends. When it focuses its wind-power, it can produce the move Aeroblast, which is a unique move only possessed by Lugia. Lugia has a great sense of responsibility, and thus hides in caverns on the ocean-floor to protect the world from its power. It is thus known as the Guardian of the Oceans. It is unknown if there is any link with the oceanic legendary pokemon Kyogre.
Although Lugia has large, powerful wings, it uses its psychic power to fly rather than use its wings. This is mostly to prevent itself from flapping its wings and unintentionally causing storms.
Lugia is an extremely intelligent pokemon, capable of human speech and possessing a keen sense with which it judges passing trainers. It hides its presence from unworthy trainers that would happen to stumble upon it. Only in exceptional occasions will it show itself to a trainer, allowing the trainer for a chance to create a bond and make use of its power.
An individual Lugia is also known to be the guardian of the Orange Islands, and the only force able to stop a quarrel between the resident legendary birds Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Great calamity is said to befall the region should Lugia fail in its task of balancing their elemental powers.
Lugia’s expertise in balancing elemental powers also shows in its own mastery of elemental moves. Apart from its own psychic moves, Lugia is also able to use powerful water, electrical, ice and ghost-type moves.
Lugia is a spectacular exception amongst legendary pokemon, in that a parent and child were observed by several trainers and Team Rocket. The parent was fiercely protective of the child, but the actual process of reproduction was not observed. It is speculated that Lugia meet for reproductive purposes in extremely rare occasions, but it has also been hypothesized that Lugia reproduces asexually. In any case, records of Lugia breeding in captivity by a trainer are non-existant. Due to its ability to reproduce, it is speculated that a population of Lugia may exist hidden from humanity.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Class A: Due to its tremendous power and ability to cause storms with ease, capture and use of Lugia is strictly prohibited.
Should calamity befall the world, a chosen trainer may be granted permission to temporarily catch and use Lugia. Afterwards, the trainer will be urged to release Lugia again or hand it over to the Pokemon League. Trainers have yet to choose the second option.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Lugia
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »
I am both surprised and impressed at this. You even made sure to add the tag about legends not allowed for capture unless under very specific reasons (i.e quest reasons). Dude, you rock, that's about all i can say. You rock.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »
Thanx Xetroc, I really, really appreciate it. There's a huge difference between thinking you probably did a good job and someone telling you you did a good job. It's really the kind of comment I need to keep going.

Honestly, although writing entries like this does not practically take a lot of time, it puts a lot of strain on me mentally. Getting back comments and appreciation, or really any form of interaction just makes it all worth while.
As a matter of fact, doing these entries really makes me get why you guys really needed outside motivation to continue working on PU at all. So let's do our best to keep each other motivated!

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:11:07 AM »
Great job Fuzzy! I like all of your entries though I don't comment on them all. Lugia is one of my favorite Pokemon and I still feel like I learned things. The only thing I recommend is not mentioning locations, but if Xetroc is Ok with it then that's fine with me.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »
I didn't say all locations were bad, just real world one. PU's story exists in the pokemon world, so mentioning places like Johto and the like are fine.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 11:49:38 PM »
I think this may be your best entry yet. Keep up the good work!