* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Grumpig  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
[Pokedex Entry] Grumpig
« on: February 28, 2014, 04:30:39 PM »
Pokemon #326, Grumpig, Psychic Type, Manipulate Pokémon.

Average measurements:
Height: 2’11” or 0.9 m.
Weight: 157.6 lbs. or 71.5 kg.

Intro:
Grumpig is a purple with black pig-like Pokémon with psychic abilities. It has three black pearls on its body that amplify its psychic powers. Its powers come from a combination of eating strange mushrooms and black pearls.

Diet:
Grumpig usually eat a lot of stuff, but they prefer mushrooms. Most of these mushrooms grow inside mountains.

Habitat:
Grumpig originate from pigs that were found near mountains. Nowadays, they are still found near mountains and also deeper within mountains where there favorite mushrooms grow.

Biology:
Grumpig originates from the ancestors of normal pigs. These pigs used to live near the mountains. Some of these pigs got lost in these mountains and had to eat whatever they could find to keep themselves alive. This involved eating small rodents, mushrooms, and sometimes even inedible objects, such as pearls that were found in these mountains, to at least supress their hunger. Some of the mushrooms they ate made them hallucinate. Later, they learned that some berries, Persim berries, countered the confusion caused by these mushrooms. They have learned to caary these berries just in case and, as a result, are often encountered carrying these berries.
The side effect of eating some of the black pearls was that they could see through the hallucinations of these mushrooms. They started to understand how these hallucinations worked and developed magical powers of their own. This is the origin of their psychic powers. Over the centuries, their body started to make these pearls theirselves. But since it’s a slow process for their body to create these pearls, they only become visible once Spoink have evolved into Grumpig.
The problem of needing shocks from bouncing to keep its heart beating are less problematic, when Spoink evolved into Grumpig. This has to do with the matured pearls on Grumpigs body. Besides amplifying the psychic waves of Grumpig itself, it also amplifies shocks from its surroundings to its heart. These shocks are strong enough to keep Grumpigs heart beating.
Nowadays, these pearls of Grumpig amplify his magical powers. He is even able to influence his opponents by doing a strange dance. Using his powers also causes this Pokémon to breathe heaviliy. This is probably because using the pearl in two ways at the same time, for its heart and its psychic powers, puts a great strain on Grumpigs body.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Grumpig is classified as a class B Pokémon. They are very rare. Unfortunately, it is not very often that wild Spoink gain enough experience to evolve into a Grumpig. Since Grumpig are tougher Pokémon and often become the alpha male or female of a Grumpig and Spoink group, it is unrecommended to capture these Grumpig. Grumpig that are not the alpha male or female may be caught in limited quantities.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:11:22 PM by Xetroc »
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Grumpig
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:34:53 PM »
Couple of typo's here and there. Apart from that, I really don't have anything to add.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:12:31 PM »
Same as your Growlithe entry, just watch out for repetition in the Bio and Class sections. Otherwise, it's pretty good.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
I tried my best to make an improvement, with help of Triloog.

Pokemon #326, Grumpig, Psychic Type, Manipulate Pokémon.

Average measurements:
Height: 2’11” or 0.9 m.
Weight: 157.6 lbs. or 71.5 kg.

Intro:
Grumpig is a purple and black pig-like Pokémon with psychic abilities. It has three black pearls on its body that amplify its psychic powers. Its powers come from a combination of eating strange mushrooms and black pearls.
Grumpig is a medium, biped Pokémon that resembles a pig. The core of his body is purple. He has two eyes, a pink snout, a mouth and two black ears. The inside of its ears are pink. He has two black pearls on its head.
His arms and legs are black. Each leg has two purple claws and each arm has three purple claws. He has a small, black pearl as a belly button. The bottom of his body is black, with the purple part starting at the pearl on his belly.

Diet:
Grumpig have a very varied diet, and they prefer mushrooms. Most of these mushrooms grow inside mountains.

Habitat:
Grumpig is rarely found as a leader of packs of Spoink. These populations usually life on mountains, where their favorite mushrooms grow.

Biology:
Grumpig originates from other mountain-pigs, that walked on four legs. Living in the mountains gave them a varied diet.
Grumpig’s diet includes hallucinogenic mushrooms, which are also very nutricious, but cause confusion. Grumpig are often seen carrying persim berries to counter the confusion caused by the mushrooms.
Over the years, Grumpig has learned to use the hallucinogenic mushrooms to awaken psychic powers. Through evolution, their bodies started developing black pearls that help channel their powers. These pearls take a long time to develop, and only show after evolution from Spoink.
Grumpig’s heart is still unable to keep itself beating. Grumpig has countered the need for constant bouncing by amplifying all but the smallest shocks from its surroundings into heart pulses using its black pearls.
To further amplify the effect of its pearls, Grumpig performs a strange dance that grants him control over his opponents’ body. The dance is wondrous to behold and has become popular amongst trainers and other people alike.
Using the pearls for psychic powers and to keep its heart beating at the same time puts a strain on Grumpig, which causes it to get tired quickly. this is why Grumpig’s breathing gets heavy while using its powrs.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Grumpig is classified as a class B Pokémon. They are very rare. It is not very often that wild Spoink gain enough experience to evolve into a Grumpig. Since Grumpig often take on the alpha role in a community of Spoink, capturing one may cause chaos. However, since most communities of Spoink can manage themselfs without a Grumpig just fine, catching is not completely restricted.

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »
Grumpigs are on magic mushrooms????

=w= I knew it... *inception*
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man