* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokemon League Champion (King of the mountain style)  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Pokemon League Champion (King of the mountain style)
« on: March 19, 2014, 07:28:11 PM »
Thats right, another idea from Roloc. :D
My other two can be found in the links below.
Egg Pouch
Evolutionary Elixer

Champion Event

For this idea I was thinking that with the brutal 5 and gym leaders all being NPCs, the champion should be a player. Make it a kind of "king of the mountain" deal. This will be an event that is effect at all times as long as there are people participating.

Rules for the event:

1. The champ has to take all challengers. The challenger has to beat the brutal 5 first and then are able to challenge the champ. Challengers are put into a queue. Champion remains champion until the player logs off or is beaten.
2. If the champ loses, then the challenger becomes champ.
3. If the champ logs off, the next two challengers that were in queue are put into battle and the victor becomes champ.
4. If there was only 1 player in queue , they become champ without a battle.
5. If the server is offline for whatever reason, when it comes back up, there will be no champion. So, the first person to beat the brutal 5 becomes champion.
6. There should be a toggle switch for players who want to participate in this and those who don't. If a player has the Champion Event toggled off and you beat the Brutal 5, then the player will battle an NPC champion as always like in the official pokemon games.
7. Before the battles starts for a Champion Event battle, both the champion and the challengers' pokemon will be fully healed.
8. If a player has the Champion Event toggled off then normal rules of official pokemon games apply. The players pokemon will NOT be healed uppon battling the NPC champion.

Q & A (Coming soon when I get questions)
Q: Do challengers and the champion get their team fully restored after fighting the brutal five?

A: Since it's a PVP battle, yes. At the beginning of a champion battle, both the champion and the challenger's pokemon will be fully healed. But if the player has the Champion Event toggled off, then it will be just like the official pokemon games and your pokemon will NOT be healed when battling the NPC Champion.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:06:10 PM by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
Re: Pokemon League Champion (King of the mountain style)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
I think it's a great idea! :)

It would definitely be a great feature if you could try to become the champion yourself by battling, and your ideas about logging, and battling to become the champion also make a lot of sense! :)
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:43:11 PM »
Do challengers and the champion get their team fully restored after fighting the brutal five?

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:02:19 PM »
I think it's a great idea! :)

It would definitely be a great feature if you could try to become the champion yourself by battling, and your ideas about logging, and battling to become the champion also make a lot of sense! :)

Thanks! :D

Do challengers and the champion get their team fully restored after fighting the brutal five?

Since it's a PVP battle, yes. At the beginning of a champion battle, both the champion and the challenger's pokemon will be fully healed. But if the player has the Champion Event toggled off, then it will be just like the offical pokemon games and your pokemon will NOT be healed when battling the NPC Champion.

Great question, Fuzzy. Thanks
Adding this to the Q&A
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 07:41:30 AM »
Hmm, something else I think that has been mentioned before, but never really explicit:

Players can use items in the traditional games, at least, they can during any battle as long as it's not a battle against a Battle Facility (Battle Frontier, Tower, Maison, unless the rules of the facility allow otherwise) or another Player, or finally an official Tournament hosted by Nintendo.

This means that players have been able to use items against the Elite 4 and the current Champion in the traditional games.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that for any battle involving the Brutal 5 and the Champion (whether the player is an NPC or a real life player), items used from the bag will not be allowed.

Because I seriously can't imagine a player winning just because they had a ton of revives/potions or the equivalent and PP stalled their opponent :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...