* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

What do you think

Angel Beats
5 (26.3%)
Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou
2 (10.5%)
Kaichou wa Maid Sama
0 (0%)
Working!
0 (0%)
Arakawa Under The Bridge
1 (5.3%)
Giant Killer
0 (0%)
KissxSis (tv)
1 (5.3%)
B Gata H Kei
1 (5.3%)
Hero Man
1 (5.3%)
Metal Fight Beyblade: Explosion
2 (10.5%)
Other (specify below)
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 29, 2010, 01:04:27 AM

Author Topic: Best anime of Spring 2010 season  (Read 13112 times)

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Best anime of Spring 2010 season
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 02:39:50 AM »
Oh man. That has to be a ridiculous amount of ecchi. I'm pretty excited for it now.

I hope I don't find it too corny when it's done. I'm worried to hear that knowing it's only on it's 5th episode. One of the only series that became unbearable to me was Zero no Tsukaima. By the end of season 1, I was annoyed with Louise. By the end of season 2, I was pretty much sick of Louise. By the end of season three, I was cringing anytime she talked. I understood that the voice actress does characters like Louise, but none of them have been that bad.

Anyway, what do you think of Angel Beats!? I'm hearing mixed things about it right now.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 05:46:38 AM »
Oh man. That has to be a ridiculous amount of ecchi. I'm pretty excited for it now. 

Otaku USA magazine dubbed it as, along with chu-bra i believe, among the worst anime to come from the winter season. I laughed mi ass off when i read the article. I guess it all depends on taste and how far is too far.

If you liked Queen's Blade, you may like it. If you hated Queen's Blade, you may still find yourself liking it.

I hope I don't find it too corny when it's done. I'm worried to hear that knowing it's only on it's 5th episode.

Well, every show has its "WTF!?!? moments" and  it could be that im just  not equipped to handle these "Slice of Life" animes.

Maid-sama's very well done though so i dont think that's it.

I guess I have an issue with anime that's supposed to be an ecchi but has little to no fan-service. (and the most that happens is hand holding)    >:(

Anyway, what do you think of Angel Beats!? I'm hearing mixed things about it right now.

Angel Beats is turning out to be fairly good. So far, the series has been building up its characters and backstories. unlike the other two series, the backstories are actually interesting.

Its still early and I havent watched the latest episode yet but I have high hopes for this one.

The only question i have is if the series is going to really go anywhere. A lot is being built up and learned but i wonder if any of it is really relevant.

The main plot is still relatively unknown. But the art and ost is pretty good. Its a good watch, but I wish they'd shed more light on the actual plot.

lol now that I think about it, this site needs spoiler tags badly.

One of the only series that became unbearable to me was Zero no Tsukaima. By the end of season 1, I was annoyed with Louise. By the end of season 2, I was pretty much sick of Louise. By the end of season three, I was cringing anytime she talked. I understood that the voice actress does characters like Louise, but none of them have been that bad.

I've never heard of it. Was it really that bad? Aside from the horrible voice acting, is it worth the watch?
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 06:03:15 AM »
If you're a fan of Shakugan No Shana and Toradora! You'll probably like the series. It features the same voice actress that did Shana and Taiga.

It's pretty much the story of girl who is at a magic academy but she is a horrible magician. They call her Zero because she has had absolutely no luck in casting. It basically goes from there. There are some really good storyline and character development, but it's just hard to handle the way Louise (main character) acts all the time. I think you'll find yourself rooting for/liking other characters more than her.

Pretty much only season one got picked up for licensing. It really was the best season out of the three. The other two have been left open, and I believe they were planning a new season, but I'm not sure they have the funding to do so...

Offline Dvys

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Anime <3
    • View Profile
    • Chip Creations
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »
If you're a fan of Shakugan No Shana and Toradora! You'll probably like the series. It features the same voice actress that did Shana and Taiga.

It's pretty much the story of girl who is at a magic academy but she is a horrible magician. They call her Zero because she has had absolutely no luck in casting. It basically goes from there. There are some really good storyline and character development, but it's just hard to handle the way Louise (main character) acts all the time. I think you'll find yourself rooting for/liking other characters more than her.

Pretty much only season one got picked up for licensing. It really was the best season out of the three. The other two have been left open, and I believe they were planning a new season, but I'm not sure they have the funding to do so...

They have to make a next season. Season 3 didn't end anywhere..

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 08:06:49 AM »
Looks as if this thread finally made it to the appropriate forum.

In response to Dvys:

I'm not sure if there will be another season. I actually hope there won't be another season. The best way for them to tie up the loose ends with a series like that is to put out a 4-6 episode OAV. This way the remaining fans can get closure, but they don't have to go into full scale with it. There is a reason only season one was picked up for licensing. A lot of people lost interested in season two and again with season three. In my opinion, they should have rapped it up with season two. Fans were still loving it after one finished, and they had the ability to do something great. Why they went the route they did, I'll never know.

Also, if an OAV or new season comes, I don't know when it will happen. I know they're in the works for a third season of Shakugan No Shana. Also with the success of Toradora! I imagine they are going to want to do something more with that. The leading voice actress is also involved with a lot of other series.

@Ghostman50:

Do you have any idea when the summer season is going to kick off? I'm curious about what's coming....

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »
I actually loved Toradora and was rooting for Taiga the entire time (it was the crazy friend that I started to hate, until the end) so I dont think Zero no Tsumaiko will be too much different.

The summer season should start around late-June. But from Wikipedia, most of the start dates are on June 29th- july 3rd. That looks bout right.

I found some info about the new season lying around, got bored.

The one's that I could make out were Strike Witches, the third one on top, Shukufuku no Campanella (the one to the right of Code Geass) and Mitsudomoe (to the right of Shukufu) And from the looks of the poster, there could be a Ko-on season 3,

I found on another site that

Shiki- corpse demon finally gets an anime.
and Densetsu  no Yuusha no Densetsu

Not sure if this will be for Summer or Fall, but the Sekirei sequel will be out sometime this year. Cant wait.

There's an anime called Starry Sky... looks like a yaoi, could be good never know eh.

Nurarihyon  no Mago (TV) looks cool too.

There is a partial list of the upcoming series on ANN. Im pretty sure more will be added as summer get closer.

Another horror is HighSchool of the dead

Chinka, a series about loli firefighters.  :-\

Sources: Anime vice, Anime News Network, Chartfag,
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:35:19 PM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 09:32:44 PM »
By some of those images it looks as if I'm going to have a good summer.  ;D

Thanks for going through all the trouble to find those.

On the subject of Zero No Tsukaima:
It's not a bad series if you can deal with Louise. Toradora! was amazing. I also love Shakugan No Shana, but ZnT sort of got to me after a while. Maybe because I just liked some other characters more than her and there is some really good development that gets you a little riled up.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »
By some of those images it looks as if I'm going to have a good summer.

They all look like they have potential. I'm really looking forward to late June.

i was a bit surprised they decided to go through with a Sekirei second season. Its been almost 2 years, I cant wait.

I'm a little pissed at the idea of a new Code Geass. I "got it" the first time around. The ending was amazing. The series as a whole was great. why another  ???

Oh and Nurarihyon no Mago looks cool too.

Spring 2010 update:

Ichiban Ushiro no Damaou, Angel Beats, kaichou maid-sama, Ikkitousen: executioner, and Giant Killing continue to be the best so far, imo

Im starting to get used to B Gata H Kei. it's weekly/bi-weekly awkward moment doesnt bother me as much as it used to.

This wouldn't be awkward if she wasn't referring to her brother. 

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 02:18:54 PM by ghostman50 »