Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Reviving the Roleplay Corner

<< < (6/6)

Roloc:
And I plan to stay out of the way most of the time unless the other mods aren't on and something needs the attention of authority. Though I will help where I can.

GrizzlyEatsKids:
Awesome, thanks Jerry for doing that for us, and as for Xetroc, I look forward to your new ideas. And Roloc, I know for a fact that we could have used that authority in some instances in the past. I like the whole election for another mod, too.

On another note, I know that while we aren't done discussing improvements for the section (and we should definitely keep it up), does anyone have any suggestions or questions about RPing, whether it be in general, about characters, or anything else of the sort? It could be helpful in putting together the Guidelines/FAQ.

The-Blades-slave:
Another thing I think should be brought up is lack of detail in plot. Generally we are given a vague understanding of what is happening, but a lot of times they forget to include things such as cities. The most common is Rps that focus around some sort of war. The GM will focus on the war and how it came about, and that's good, but what about major battles of the war? What about the cities the war affected most? Factions that remained neutral?

Kinda just saying maybe make things less black and white.

GrizzlyEatsKids:
I couldn't agree more .As an extension of that, GMs should provide a more in-depth description of different settings encountered throughout the RP as well. We aren't always given a clear description of the locations in which the RP takes place, and in my opinion, it can often make the world seem dull and uninteresting.

TrainerX:

--- Quote from: The-Blades-slave on April 03, 2014, 03:27:35 AM ---Another thing I think should be brought up is lack of detail in plot. Generally we are given a vague understanding of what is happening, but a lot of times they forget to include things such as cities. The most common is Rps that focus around some sort of war. The GM will focus on the war and how it came about, and that's good, but what about major battles of the war? What about the cities the war affected most? Factions that remained neutral?

Kinda just saying maybe make things less black and white.

--- End quote ---
^This

One of the things that caused me to stop RPing here was for this reason. RPs without detailed plots almost always fail (in my experience anyway), because everybody tends to lose interest. It seems that many people either forget or don't understand that the interesting stuff is in the details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version