Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Election of RP moderator [Election Over]

(1/9) > >>

Jerry:
Thanks to the members who wanted to make the RP section more active, I decided to hold an election to nominate a moderator (and make it a bit fun in the process, or maybe I just want to try hosting an election :P).

Eligibility:
- Members with at least 50 forum posts can nominate themselves.
- There is no karma restriction for the nominees.

Some other stuff:
- Nominees can write a little (freely editable) introduction to describe why they might make a good moderator (up to them).
- Nominations are not binding, in the sense that any nominee can withdraw at any point in time during the election (both nomination and election phase).

This is the first phase of the election, the nomination phase. This phase will close next week let's say on Friday 12:00 GMT (noon) which is (according to this site) is:
- 22:00 AEST
- 08:00 EDT
- 07:00 EST
- 06:00 CST
- 05:00 PDT

If all goes as planned, the voting will then start right after that, and end on Monday 12:00 GMT (noon).

Nominees are required to use the header:

--- Code: ---I am hereby nominating myself as moderator of the RolePlay boards.
--- End code ---

And put it as a post in this thread.

During the nomination phase
Any member can ask questions to any nominees in this thread itself. They can ask several questions, should they wish to, but make it clear with header (replace XXX with the nominee name, and if you are addressing several nominees in your post, put one under the other with the appropriate header):

--- Code: ---To: XXX
--- End code ---

It's even better if you also quote the post of the nominee so that anyone go back to see the current nomination with a click.

The above procedures are merely to make things easier to follow and make sure there's no confusion when it comes to who is asking/replying to whom.

During the election phase
Members and nominees will be allowed to vote on any one nominee. Each member (including nominees) will be given 2 votes (both votes cannot be used on the same nominee) and the poll results will be visible at all times during this phase. Should a nominee resign, any vote cast on said nominee can be recast on another nominee. The election phase will be closed and no more voting will be allowed past the deadline mentioned earlier.

Current nominees (will update periodically):
Humen
foodonfloor
The-Blades-slave

Desbear:
Are we allowed to nominate other people?

If so, I nominate blades, as he has a hand in just about every RP, and is generally good at defusing situations.

Or setting them off like an atom bomb.

Humen:
I am hereby nominating myself as moderator of the RolePlay boards.

Cause you know, Why not?

GrizzlyEatsKids:
I am hereby nominating myself as moderator of the RolePlay boards.

I put some thought into it, and decided to run. I began and am still sort of spearheading the RP section revival, and so I think that it makes sense for me to become a mod and help in overseeing that those changes are made, as well as help to continue to improve the section. I've been in enough RPs to know what is needed to succeed, and can provide valuable tips and help for both GMs and RPers alike. I've been writing for a rather long time now, since early elementary school, and would love to use my experience to help others who share that same passion, and in becoming a mod, I would be able to do so more effectively. Plus, now that my schedule's cleared up a bit, I'll be able to be around the site far more often than I have been in the past couple of months.

TrainerX:
If we're allowed to nominate other people, then I second Meowth's nomination. Blades seems to know his stuff about role-playing. As for defusing situations, I'm just going to take Meowth's word for it. I haven't really had much interaction with Blades.

I think foodonfloor would be capable of being a moderator also. I haven't talked to him all that much either, but he seems to know his way around an RP.

EDIT: I guess foodonfloor nominated himself. Still want to nominate Blades though. I want to see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version