* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: X/Y game play changes and PU Pokemon  (Read 34888 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: X/Y game play changes and PU Pokemon
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2014, 11:14:25 pm »
I can see iron fist being pretty good since with it mega blaz would be able to have fire punch thunder punch and sky uppercut. Making sky uppercut 150+ power and the elemental punches 135 power.

Since speed boost is being dropped though I don't see the need for such a nerf to stats. Most of the time with megas you have to mega evolve right away unless you found some setup fodder. Without access to focus sash mega blaz can easily be OHKOed even more so can normal balziken. It won't find setting up speed boosts to be easy.

Mega - Blaziken

-Speed Boost
+Iron fist
-10 attack

Done some damage calcs and this looks like it would be a very good balance.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2014, 11:22:12 pm »
That looks reasonable enough. Might be fun to try out.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2014, 11:42:55 pm »
You all hate me. R.I.P. Ice Age.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2014, 12:38:40 am »
Pssh, thats when you send in the mighty dewgong or cloyster and teach fools that think blaziken is Godly just how weak it really is. :D
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2014, 01:35:05 am »
He oneshots and outspeeds my cloyster. ._.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2014, 02:13:32 am »
So, I've been working on some counters to Steel and poison, which, is normal, and I was looking at Granbull as I've not really given him much of a try.

I was looking at his stats and move pool, and he's probably got the most abysmal stat pool I've ever seen a balanced pokemon with, especially with his abilities. I began to ask if he was balanced, to which, the answer I found, was yes. He had some 'updated' stats, and we added "Recover". I then began to see if he was meant as a lead, with like entry hazards or something. Nope. Not only do I not see a reason as to why we added Recover, I don't see what use he has. This is very off topic, and I'm fine if I get ignored, I was just curious as to what happened here, like, what is it meant to do? I'm honestly very confused, so, sorry if this doesn't make sense.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2014, 05:06:28 am »
With a new ability it will force you to run protect if you want the speed boost. If iron fist does not work out I think rock head would be pretty cool as well with  it learning brave bird and flare blits. I like the iron fist idea a lot though.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 03:07:34 am »
IT's been two weeks, whats the problem? xD
Damage Calculator

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 05:34:45 am »
No one is ever on the server, and that makes me sad. I have many ideas. Like maybe tweaking a certian poke. But I will never tell until I can battle with it a few times.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 06:16:10 am »
I'm on it a lot. Just ping me and if I don't respond within a few mins then I may be afk or gone. But yeah, I'm usually there.
Damage Calculator

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2014, 03:04:16 am »
I want to know how y'all feel about those terrain moves?

Grassy terrain- This move creates a terrain that helps Pokémon on the ground for 5 turns. It increases their Hit Points by 1/16th per turn and increases Grass-type move power by 50%

Misty terrain- This move creates a terrain that helps Pokémon on the ground for 5 turns. It  protects the Pokémon from status afflictions and halves the power of Dragon-type moves for Pokémon on the ground

Electric terrain- This move creates a terrain that helps Pokémon on the ground for 5 turns. It prevents the Pokémon from sleep

*Copy pasted those straight from serebii btw.

Here are a few things to know about these moves. Nature power turns into a eletric,fairy, or grass move depending on the terrain. None of them remove status just prevent it from occurring after the move was used. The only ability to interact with a terrain move is gogoat's Grassy pelt.

I think if you lowered the +% to grass moves and the -% to dragon moves we could safely boost the duration of these moves by a fair amount. 
If you think about it they are not that powerful. Grass terrain gives the opponent the added recovery as well ,and misty terrain is only learned by fairy types (except meostick) who are immune to dragon moves to begin with. Teams built around these moves might be cool ,but what do y'all think?

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2014, 03:19:16 am »
I could see them being 8 turns and maybe 10 turns while holding the appropriate item.

If there is an item for these terrains.
Damage Calculator

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2014, 05:19:08 pm »
There is no item for extending the duration of these terrains, but they do look like interesting ways to gain an advantage in battle, albeit losing out a turn. Seems like these moves were specifically made for double and triple battles, like the pledge moves, and the countless abilities designed around those battle types. I don't see a problem with increasing the duration to 8 or 10 with a small nerf so they're usable in single battles.

On another note, wanted to bring up our final starter, Delphox. Greninja has been considered balanced (adding things will make him OP, while subtracting will nerf him big time) and I balanced Quallidin (made to be more like the american football players he us based on). Delphox is an amazing poke, with high speed, sp atk, and sp def, combined with a fantastic hidden ability it can utilize well, Magician. On the downside, it is easily taken out by physical hits, but is needed because of the other high stats. This can create a devastatingly powerful poke if set up right, especially with PU keeping Gems in the game. I myself used a set utilizing Mysical fire and a fire gem to cripple an opponents team to the point that delphox became my main sweeper.

What I wanted to ask is if the ability is too much for a poke like this. There were ties delphox was pretty much useless in my trials with it, but those were far and few in between. After a couple of Calm Mind set ups, and a stolen item that gave me recovery, more speed, or more damage, it usually is inevitable. My fear is that this may be borderline OP, but I wanted other thoughts. I am willing to show anyone this set in action, once I loaded my teams again.

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2014, 08:45:09 pm »
I really do not think delphox is over powered in the slightest. Crunch,EQ,and stone edge are so common ,and with her low physical defense most of the time these moves kill her.

Non stab 100 base attack(fully invested) no item EQ does  "89.7 - 106.1%" to it.

What do you suggest happen to her though? If you re-arrange her stats she could be a pretty good special wall ,and right now there is no fire special wall. Just throwing out ideas.

Edit: Forgot to talk about the terrain moves!

I think 10 turns is pretty fair since the boost does help both teams. Unlike weather were the boost might only be helping your team 1/16th of your hp each turn (grass terrain) actually helps just about every poke.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:48:41 pm by Ursaring »

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2014, 10:38:19 pm »
I am rather biased on the terrain moves, haven't seen much of them.

On the topic of Delphox, I fought some with my ice team a few times. It can be strong, but it's nothing Glaceon or Mamoswine can't deal with. don't think it's overpowered.