* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: X/Y game play changes and PU Pokemon  (Read 34904 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: X/Y game play changes and PU Pokemon
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2014, 10:44:48 pm »
Not saying it's overpowered, just concerned someone might call it as such. Stats are actually ok, and it does make a decent special wall with its 100 base sp def.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2014, 12:16:03 am »
I really do not think delphox is over powered in the slightest. Crunch,EQ,and stone edge are so common ,and with her low physical defense most of the time these moves kill her.

Non stab 100 base attack(fully invested) no item EQ does  "89.7 - 106.1%" to it.

What do you suggest happen to her though? If you re-arrange her stats she could be a pretty good special wall ,and right now there is no fire special wall. Just throwing out ideas.

Edit: Forgot to talk about the terrain moves!

I think 10 turns is pretty fair since the boost does help both teams. Unlike weather were the boost might only be helping your team 1/16th of your hp each turn (grass terrain) actually helps just about every poke.

I think you forgot ninetails. It makes for a great special wall and can be quit crippling due to will o wisp and confuse ray.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2014, 10:10:17 am »
I think you forgot ninetails. It makes for a great special wall and can be quit crippling due to will o wisp and confuse ray.

I am not sure you would call ninetails a special wall though , it is more of a utility poke if anything.

I really do not think Delphox is that strong though.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2014, 03:56:19 pm »
To each his own I guess, but it sure gets used as a special wall all the time. And it does a great job at it.

EDIT:

Just as an example, this is the set I used:

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray
- Calm Mind / Pain Split
- Flamethrower

Wil o wisp to cripple physical attackers, confuse ray to annoy anything and everything, calm mind to boost it's already great special defense and boost that special attack to make that flame thrower hurt. or pain split over calm mind for added recovery. Flash fire is a great ability that really adds to the support that wall ninetails brings, able to absorb fire attacks for team mates which then boosts it's flamethrower is really nice.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:18:01 pm by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2014, 04:32:47 am »
(21:29:32) GBA: You just see this meowth walk in
(21:29:35) GBA: Hang up a sign
(21:29:58) GBA: "Discuss the mega's more, we were making good progress, and need to continue this stuff, then we need to discuss Gen-6 pokemon! GET WITH THE PROGRAM PEOPLE"

Basically what I mean by this is

I think we need to continue to discuss balancing the remaining mega-pokemon, and actually officially decide on what to do, and whatnot. Then, I think we should just start going down theline with discussing new Gen-6 pokemon and whatnot, like, the squid with topsy-turvy, and the likes.

Another thing is; Are we going to keep Hidden power, or change it back? Because last I heard, it got its power nerfed by 10, which, doesn't sound like a lot, but makes a huge difference.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2014, 04:27:37 pm »
Quote from: GameBoy Advanced link=topic=5039.msg132825#msg132825 dat=1402799567
(21:29:32) GBA: You just see this meowth walk in
(21:29:35) GBA: Hang up a sign
(21:29:58) GBA: "Discuss the mega's more, we were making good progress, and need to continue this stuff, then we need to discuss Gen-6 pokemon! GET WITH THE PROGRAM PEOPLE"

Basically what I mean by this is

I think we need to continue to discuss balancing the remaining mega-pokemon, and actually officially decide on what to do, and whatnot. Then, I think we should just start going down theline with discussing new Gen-6 pokemon and whatnot, like, the squid with topsy-turvy, and the likes.

Agreed.As I said earlier, we should probably choose a few megas and talk about them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:30:53 pm by Flynt »