* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Wanted: Developers  (Read 42791 times)

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Wanted: Developers
« on: May 23, 2014, 12:11:28 pm »
Looking for C# and Java developers who can continue my (little) work on the MapEditor (C#, OpenGL), Server (C#) and Client (Java, WebGL).

Most of you know I have a full-time job as a programmer and when I come home in the evening I don't have the will-power to continue working on my own projects. Besides this I'm starting up another business on the side. So when I have some free time I'd rather relax and play a game or watch some tv shows. Therefor I'm looking for people who want to continue the little work I've done. I will still be available to help and perhaps write some code here and there, but building all three products (MapEditor, Server and Client) at the same time is just too much.

Most of our code can be found on our github: https://github.com/PokemonUniverse

If you're interested, feel free to post a reply in this thread or just fork the code you want to work on and submit pull requests for changed code.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Saxon

• Beginning Trainer
  • ULTRAS G-1- VOLOS - RED CENTAURS
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Developers
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:40:40 pm »
any luck?
VOLOS uber alles

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:01:49 pm »
any luck?

No. I'm guessing not a lot of people noticed this post. I  myself have zero programming experience, hence being a writer.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Cincy

• Beginning Trainer
  • ★Cinccino★
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 09:06:23 am »
hey if i try so i can only make maps if you nedd any to make maps on a editor so give me a message c:

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 04:11:29 am »
I'm taking up Java and hopefully some web development that may progress into C#. What I'm saying is, if this site doesn't die, or the balance server can at least remain so I can talk to the remaining dev team, I will personally take on the task of joining a team of programmers to work on this game, get it into beta, and expand from there. And in case neither of these factors remain, I have the code already saved on my computer to work with once I have a better understanding of it, and release it as the game Dark and Urmel intended.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 08:09:33 am »
I would like to try helping somehow, and I do have a tiny bit of knowledge of C# but the major problem I have (I believe) is to understand how the app works; as in where it starts, how the server responds and interacts with the client, a bit like a flowchart actually. I have run some 20 lines scripts in C# that do what I want them to do, but I'm sure that's not enough.

And looking at the github scripts, I have no idea where it starts, and most of the files don't seem to do much right now anyway.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 09:43:42 am »
I can't really make heads nor tails of it at the moment, but hopefully after a bit of practice I will be able to tell what it all is. We may have to start from scratch if we can't figure it out, but I'm sure Mr. Dark will fill us in when the time is right. And Jerry, you would be a big help with this.

Offline Saxon

• Beginning Trainer
  • ULTRAS G-1- VOLOS - RED CENTAURS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 08:55:51 am »
I just really hope this project won 't be terminated.
VOLOS uber alles

Offline weirddemon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 07:53:33 pm »
I really want to help with this. However, I browsed the code briefly and it's setup in the most confusing way possible. I've never seen a .NET app made like this. I don't know if I'll be able to do anything with.

At some point, didn't you have a Silverlight implementation? Where'd that go?

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 12:14:00 am »
Sadly that is a question for dark and urmel. I'm too new to code to give an answer, and I joined the team pretty late in the project.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 02:38:00 am »
I really want to help with this. However, I browsed the code briefly and it's setup in the most confusing way possible. I've never seen a .NET app made like this. I don't know if I'll be able to do anything with.

At some point, didn't you have a Silverlight implementation? Where'd that go?

I remember you.

That was restarted too.

Offline weirddemon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 02:19:18 pm »
I remember you.

That was restarted too.

I remember you too, Monzta! It's been years since I've been here. And my development skills have increased significantly since then. I want to help, but it doesn't look like I can do much with the current state of the code.

Any ideas why dark and urmel chose Go when they chose to re-develop PU? It seems like an odd choice. If it was in Monogame, I think so much more could be done =/

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 02:54:36 pm »
Any ideas why dark and urmel chose Go when they chose to re-develop PU? It seems like an odd choice. If it was in Monogame, I think so much more could be done =/

*shrugs*

They said it was a new lang, much faster and efficient. Obviously turned out to be the complete opposite.

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 07:15:59 am »
*shrugs*

They said it was a new lang, much faster and efficient. Obviously turned out to be the complete opposite.

Programming languages are like language families. One you know one, it is much easier to get into the other. I remember GO is somewhat close to Java, and believe that with little effort programmers could adjust to it, thus I don't find the whole GO thing the problem. People seem to forget though that this project is mainly an experiment, a hobby project if you would like, to develop own programming capability and to build a community. It's hard to believe it is still being continued considering there is no monetary incentive to finish it, especially since Nintendo will probably kill it few days after official release.

At this point, not to offend anybody, but I believe the knowledge/art could have been used to make a new game outside the Pokemon franchise, and sell it on steam/mobile platforms.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 12:07:13 pm »
Well yeah, the point of this MMO was that it would be entirely f2p without any stuff to pay for. The game was made because people found it fun to do and that was all that mattered. =w=;

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.